Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

PROMPT 2

In the last PT I estimated that the Armada were going to be a bubble-ish team to make the playoffs. I am happy to see that I completely under-estimated my team and we are doing much better than I had anticipated so far this season. The team is currently 2nd in the league for points with a 13-4-0 record to start the season. The games have been hard fought but nobody can claim that Anchorage is feasting on weaker teams as we have a win against all of the top teams.

On an individual level... Spack Jarrow, like his team, is exceeding all expectations. Currently tied for 2nd in the SMJHL with 13 assists and leads his team in points with 17 in 16 games played. Although the offensive numbers are really impressive, there is room for improvement as there is signs of struggling to maintain possession of the puck with 20 give-aways and only 4 take-aways.

So far so good on the season.

[ 172 words ]

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

PROMPT 1  Written Task: This is it, the tourney has started. Every team is stacked and no win will come easy. Now is the time to write your story about the first game you play with the team. Who was selected to the opponent team? How did your team play? Did you win? Lose? Did you have big moments, or was it hard to keep up with the pace. This is your chance to be creative! (150+ words)

OK, so the tournament has started.  There are no weak teams here.  No easy wins.  Every game, every shift counts.  In a short tournament such as this one, its pretty much win or go home.  As I sit in the dressing room before puck drop, I could cut the tension with a very dull knife.  I know all the stick tapping, gum popping and irrelevant shuffling is just symptomatic of an important game.

We troop out to the ice, the anthem(s) then the puck drops !

The game goes pretty much as expected.  Mad end to end rushes, bone crushing hits along the boards, save after fabulous save from two outstanding goaltenders.  This continues for 59 minutes and 32 seconds.  It looks like we are going to overtime and a possible shootout.  Then it happens,  I get a perfect tape to tape pass with an open lane to the net.  Two strides and I put everything into the shot.  Man, that puck left a vapour trail.
[Image: g2I-ytR0O_M4DPBYoGVC1Pjov8VfNBoohauTRQ_k...VW8u_elOl7]
And, it hits the post!!!  Of all things !!  Surprisingly the puck bounces directly back to me and hits me in the forehead.  Rebounds back to the net, trickles over the goalie’s shoulder and into the net.  Not pretty but they all count.  A big win !!

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Prompt 2:
The first week for the San Francisco Pride did not go that great.  We won the first game and then started to get slaughtered.  Of course, I was in net for the first big loss, so I one hundred percent thought that is was due to my bad play.  Then, the next games happened with the starter in.  So, on the bright side it was not all me but on the dark side, me are going to have a rough year.  It is rough when the tactics check out and the fickle mistress of Franchise Hockey Manager 6 decides to go against us.  We did have a bright spot going 1-8, 6-0, and 4-0 against Manhattan, Philadelphia, and Montreal with those blow out wins.  Then, of course, right back to the basement, losing to Texas and Atlanta.  The team has a firm belief that we should not have to make many changes and that the sim just did not go our way.  It is a random number generator after all.  You can't hit them all but we know we should start trending up as the season continues.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

The SMJHL season has finally kicked off after an elongated offseason and with it comes the Grizzlies sophomore season in the league. Hopes were high for the team heading into the season as they punched above their weight the season before and are coming into S62 looking to prove that the team is a force the be weary of. Unfortunately much like players, the team is going through a little bit of a sophomore slump. While we do have some great individual performances by the likes of team veterans such as Grogu Mandosson and Bjorn Vigosson, the rest of the team seems to be lagging a bit behind, including highly touted, offensively gifted Alexej Komarek, who has so far shown to just be gifted at missing the net. He currently sits at 8 points in 17 games with only a measly 3 of those being goals. The season is still young and there's a lot of time for things to fall into place, but Komarek knows that if his team is going to be successful, he has to find a way to capitalize on his chances and be the real threat he was expected to be.

Prompt - 2
Graphic: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...FOR_PT.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Barry Batsbak was of to a very slow start. He was still getting used to his new linemates, but in recent games they found great chemistry and Barry Batsbak scored 2 goals and 2 assists against their biggest rival Edmonton the other day. If Barry Batsbak can keep this production up he will be on pace to become Calgary's second best scorer of all time just behind Esa Anrikkanen, who's the greatest all time league wide. On and off the ice Barry Batsbak spends lots of time with the new rookies to get them adjusted to the big league. These rookies have all been amazing so far. Alexis Saint-Michel and Videl Valor are going for the rookie of the year award for sure. Also Calgary's new additions Aumy Jr., Austin Roenick and Taylor Johansson are killing it so far! Even though Calgary was of to slow start collectively, they will surely pick it up as chemistry grows.

[Image: Katth.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]
Barracuda Germany Scarecrows Knights

[Image: cgv4vCv.png] [Image: 95lCCDx.png] [Image: GATPRRX.png]
S50 Challenge Cup Finals Game 7
[Image: gNFVjT6.png]

PROMPT 2

I was a little nervous after Baltimore's first slate of games: 3 wins, of which 2 were shoot out wins, and three losses, albeit one in overtime.  One of those losses was an ugly game to the Pride, one which my teammates and I were outplayed in front of a home crowd who booed us out of the stadium. The Platoon didn't have a single positive player, which sounds great after a round of STD testing but not when talking about the team's plus/minus.   We did play a strong game the next night Toronto but only came away with a point.  

Since that loss the BAP have ripped off seven wins in eight games, including our current streak of 5 games. Those wins have come against teams everywhere in the standings and now not only is most of the team positive in the stats column but in the locker room as well. We have some mettle games coming against some of the Lake teams where we can hopefully show the rest of the league Baltimore is ready to compete with the league's best.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

Facing the up-and-comers right off the bat is a tough draw for us Superstars. They're the only team that comes close, in my opinion, to fielding the talent that we have. Some of the names on the team include Patrick Shepherd, Bean Beanman, Liam Slate, and Chimkin Wing. We ended up with a razor thing overtime win but it could have easily gone the other way. Strom Chamberlain put up a fantastic performance in net, allowing just 2 goals on 43 shots. On the offensive side, I was held without off of the scoresheet but Aaron Wilson, predictably put on a show for us Superstars. He scored both of our goals in  regulation and assisted on the OT winner on a beautiful saucer pass from the red line on the rush to Mitchell van der Heijden, who had no trouble putting it past up-and-comer goalie Mat Smith on the pad side after a nifty deke. Both Wilson and van der Heijden are showing why they were picked for this prestigious team. Next game, I'll be looking to become more involved offensively and see if I can turn some heads.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

Prompt #1: It started as you would expect. We came out skating hard and fast, trying to use our energy to outwork the Grizzled Vets and force them to lose their legs early. It worked, for about two minutes, then their old age and treachery came forth. We starting taking penalties as a stick was held under the arm, a tripping call from an "accidental" step onto a stick blade. It continued to get worse, we kept pushing, but the harder we tried, the more the game seemed to get away from us. The vets did start to slow down in the back half of the game. They switched to a far more defensive posture with less forechecking pressure. We tried to use this to our advantage, but even gaining the zone was difficult. Deservedly placed on the fourth line, Duncan Mackenzie tried to play to the maximum of his energy, hitting and grinding and trying to wear out his opposition. In the end, we managed to claw back to within 1 goal, but their victory was never really in doubt and a late empty netter sealed our fate. Final Score: Vets 5, Up and Comers 3.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 10:22 AM by mastersheep.)

Prompt 2:

I’m very pleased with my individual play so far this season. Right now after 14 games, my player has 8 goals and 11 assists which is tied for 10th in scoring with 19 points. Scoring as much as I have during what I believe is the toughest part of our schedule and with our team slightly underperforming is something I’m happy about as it makes me think I still have a decent shot at a scoring title. Our team started off a little rough overall, but have been much better the last couple of sims.

The biggest surprise for me is that the Pride haven’t taken off the way I expected they would after their acquisitions over the offseason and their overall growth. I know they’ve had a difficult schedule to start and I don’t think they are going to be able to compete with the top teams in the Central, but I expect them to be in contention to win their division. Instead, they have a 6-9-0 start and are tied for last in the Pacific as of this writing. It is early though and that division is really anyone’s for the taking.

[Image: CAu3g3c.png]

[Image: zS2lCMp.png]  [Image: oMh09WY.png]  [Image: 1DL5JDX.png]  [Image: wu5MVvy.png]  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Prompt 2
With the Saint Louis Scarecrows, we have been having a rough start and as a goalie is tough to watch the team struggle to score when your making the saves. We only have 2 wins on the season so far, my save percetange is a .900 which shows that I am doing the job I need to do. It sucks to lose night in and night out when you are doing your best and can only sit by the goal watch your team. My GAA is 4.59 which way higher then I want it to be, but its hard when your facing 40+ shots every night and the defense is not doing much to help out. Hopefully we can turn it around and start winning soon, otherwise this is going to be a bad season for us and we are not going to make the playoffs and that would be dissapointing. 
(151 words)

[Image: duffleman2002.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 11:04 AM by qWest.)

ISFL Affiliate

IGNORE THIS:
lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy lil jon bot please shut up I did my PT you dummy

[Image: qWestSHL.gif]
[Image: cEbgUph.png][Image: pPWkZOM.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png][Image: h2OFdMh.png]

This tournament was something I was looking forward to ever since I got named to the Grizzled Vets squad and saw my teammates. I wasn’t totally sure who would be on the other teams, but I was looking forward to the competition and seeing how me and my teammates would stack up against the rest.

When we got on the ice to play the Up-and-Comers, I wasn’t sure what to expect. Firstly, I don’t really know many of the younger guys in the league, but I recognized a few faces prior to hitting the ice. Some of the young Panthers, like “Long” John Donair, Jimmy Wagner and Rock Strongo. I also saw some young Steelhawks, like Dogwood Maple and Evangelos Giannopoulos. I know these guys have some skills, so the game wouldn’t be easy.

Keeping up with the pace wasn’t too difficult, after all these guys are still a little young and we play some very good SHLers every night. We did manage to get the victory though, by a score of 5-2. I wasn’t the standout performer on the team, but I chipped in with an assist on a goal from Aaron Wilson. It was great playing with these guys, and I can’t wait to see what the next team has in store for us.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

PBE Affiliate PT +3 TPE