Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

For #2:

Well yeah, it has been a week now and the season has started just like the previous 2 for the Calgary Dragons. Slow start is the name of the game yet again, as we had a horrific losing record after the first few sims - but luckily our coaches are just immaculate and know how to turn the tables around, again.

Individually Lilja is having his best season so far. His statistics are no match for his last 2 seasons, and his accuracy shows that to all of us. If he struggled to land even 10% of his total shots, he is now sitting just shy of 13% shooting. He is also averaging just shy of 2 hits per game, which is also a new high for him, regardless of how early it is into this current season. Team-wise it has just been rough trying to mix and match the right players together along with their roles on ice, but we will get there like we have for the past seasons.

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

WSBL PT affiliate

[Image: blasoon.gif]

WSBL PT

[Image: hopoate.png]

Prompt 2

Season 62 marks Daryl Urquhart’s sophomore season in the SHL, and it has started none too shabbily. 

As was to be expected from a rookie (unless his name is Kermit Murphy), who was already way behind in terms of TPE, last season was rough at times. Finishing last season with 7 goals and 7 assists doesn’t look like great numbers, but as the far more defensive of the third pair, he wasn’t going to get as many looks. So far this season, despite still being the defensive one of the third pair, he has 2 goals and 4 assists after 17 games, keeping pace with the best of the Seattle blueliners and outscoring his more offensively minded line mate, who has a single assist to his name so far. Game ratings are up, although not too high. Solid, not spectacular is the watchword here! Nothing too flashy so far this season, from the player who had both a hat trick in his rookie season and scored the teams only short handed goal all season. Those were 2 offensive standouts in a season that severely lacked standout moment for Urquhart. Hopefully the rest of this season can build on a solid first week, and he can stand out a bit more going forward.

[Image: A3AlstA.png]

Prompt 2

Through 18 games to start S62, Texas is sitting in 3rd place in the overall standings with 27 points and a record of 13-3-1. Texas' starting goalie Cillian Kavanagh is 10-1-1 through his first 12 games of the season, posting a 2.67 GAA and a .903 save percentage. Cavanagh has lost a bit in his step over this past offseason, hitting regression for the first time in his career. Compared to other top goalies in the league, Kavanagh has been struggling a bit saying "I've had to weather the storm a bit this season, but when the dust settles and the season concludes, Texas will be towards the top if I have anything to say about it". Kavanagh also does not have a shutout yet compared to Harry Carpet and Mat Smith's league leading 4 already in the new campaign. Texas looks to have another deep playoff run and if Kavanagh can continue to be a steady netminder going down the stretch, who knows how far the Renegades will be able to go.

Word Count: 173

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 09:48 AM by By-Tor.)

Prompt 2

The first few weeks have been....not great. St. Louis is 2-16 and is looking to have little chance this year. Marcel Beck has a measly 3 points in 18 games, which is only a few points off the team lead of 7. Beck is sporting a -11, but has decent underlying numbers considering the carnage. Most games are just "hold steady" and don't let in more than 1 goal while on the ice. It's very sad. Marcel Beck has now played 240 games as a Scarecrow and has captained the team for 84 of them. Whether it is his fault the team in in the basement remains to be seen. It is almost by definition a rebuilding season. 

As for league play, I think it is a pleasant surprise to see Main at the top with the perennial favorites. It is a big surprise to me to see Colorado so low in the standings. I expected the t challenge for a title again (not saying it can't happen).

(168 WC)

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: petrov.png]

So for being a rookie, I’ve been doing surprisingly well. I built my player to be a power forward and he is definitely living up to the archtype. He was at one point leading all rookies in goals scored, and he is a hit machine as well. I wish he was getting a few more assists, but considering hes on the second line and we’ve had a difficult start to the season in regards to strength of schedule I can’t complain about his play. Edmonton in general is doing fairly well, we expected a bit of a drop after last season due to having 5 rookies on the team this season and losing a few higher TPE players like Gabe and Clean, but we’re still doing well. We actually beat Hamilton yesterday thanks entirely to Tyler Ward, and our division is the bloodbath that we thought it would be with each game within our division being a tossup. Overall a good start team wise and personally.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 03:19 PM by Renomitsu.)

I'm overall reasonably pleased with how Buffalo has played thus far. Unfortunately we're a couple of games under Chicago in the standings, though I understand our position still confers us a big advantage (14-4-0, second overall in the league). We've had a lot of goals scored thus far and a great goal differential (+56 through 18 games); most of our players are at least sniffing the point per game mark, though for some people that might feel like a success OR a failure depending on your standards. As a non-scorer, 17 points through 18 games is a nice spot for me to be in. I'm OK with how my player (Emilia Bergman) has performed thus far, as she has an excellent plus-minus (+23), and I've had a really good number of shots blocked (41) despite most teams in our position not facing terribly many shots in any given game. I do wish we had fewer losses, however, especially against teams that aren't in the top 3-4 teams.

But at the end of the day, I understand we're in an absurdly good division despite Hamilton's weird overtime losses this season and I can't complain with how we've done.

[prompt #2, >200 words]
FOR WSBL: Please note my username on WSBL is Dogmatist (different than it is here).

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

First week of the season is done and it's been a whirlwind. The Philly Forge of the Simulation Hockey League started off with a hot start, some really high scoring games and lots of points put up by all players across the team. It helped that they faced Eastern Division rivals Manahattan Rage a few times. This helped the team gain some confidence and give them a boost to start the season. Since then, their schedule has been pretty tough. 7 back to backs in a calendar month. 0 games on saturdays, almost every 2nd game of the back to backs has been against high scoring, highly talented and well coached teams. So that's never fun for these guys. It's pretty exhausting to have those games all happen so condensed in a month span. The Forge are hoping that they can bounce back after some of those exhausting contests and get back to playing their game the way they want it to be played.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

Prompt 2

Well, I'm pleasantly surprised at this PT because upon looking at the index I found out I won a fight this season! Not sure why Ronlain got into a fight, or how he even won considering I have 5 fighting ability. But hey, it's pretty cool. I think at some point in my rookie season I got into a fight with someone on Hammy and I don't think I've had a fight since then. That fight is also the only PIMs I've managed to pick up on the season so far. Pretty surprised with how disciplined Ronlain is overall but I suppose I do only have 7 aggression. Overall Ronlain is 6 goals 3 assists and a +1 in 18 games which isnt too bad. I know I'm not the star of the show in Tampa but I'm very glad to be contributing to this team. We went through a long, hard rebuild and I'm glad to see things finally starting to pay off.

Code:
164 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 03:25 PM by StadiumGambler.)

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid537737 - Feeling lazy so heres an ISFL affiliate claim.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

PT Pass

So far into the season, San Francisco Pride have been underperforming so far, sitting at a 6-9 record. A tougher early schedule in combination with a number of new faces has led to chemistry building/growing pains that are 8mpacting the production and overall record. A testament to this is the 2nd line, who's unchanged lineup from last season is still producing strong, including team points leader Walton Stromberg. The defense has had a bit of a shakeup as well, bit the pairings have been doing solid in allowing fewer shots per game than previous seasons. The goaltending has been solid, if a bit underperforming from it's previous years, but being only 15 games in is an overall okay place to be. After another 15 games, and a slightly "easier" section of the schedule will give the Pride more time to gel, and a slightly better feel of where the team is at.

[Image: antonescu.png]
[Image: BKGrppM.png]
Thank you to Ham and Sulo for the sigs!
Scarecrows Chiefs Renegades Dragons Stampede Panthers norway
Scarecrows Specters Switzerland
Scarecrows pride Switzerland
  Armada pride Ireland

Prompt 2

Well things have been going very well for the Buffalo Stampede. Through eighteen games we have scored an absurd 98 goals, most of which are coming off of the sticks of the S53 gang, myself, @Zombiewolf @Lime and @jeffie43. Harrington and I are one and two in league scoring, but the team as a whole is putting up crazy numbers across the board. Now is 5.44 goals per game sustainable? Probably not, but I am definitely going to enjoy it while it lasts. Those who were smart and handsome enough to pick Alexander Roach in fantasy hockey are also enjoying our crazy start to the season. I didn't think that Roach would ever be an award winner, but if I can keep up this start, anything is possible I guess. Winning another cup would also be pretty cool, and I think we have the team to do it this season. I'm very eager to see how it all plays out.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]