Create Account

S62 PT#2: Hit the Ice

https://forums.sim-football.com/showthre...#pid537983

ISFL affiliate

Quote:
Citadelles

For Zhen Roza, the shock has yet to settle in. Playing in the big show, it is still unreal for young players to know that they have made it. “I still have fear that any second, someone is going to say SIKE or you are going to be sent back down. But nothing yet.”. While Zhen Roza may feel like he is not supposed to be in the big league, his stats and teammates say otherwise. So far in 9 games, he has posted 4 wins, 3 losses, 1 overtime loss and 2.95 Goals Against Average, and 0.926 save percentage and even 1 shutout. “He has played great for a rookie goaltender, he came in with confidence and nothing has waived. His mental game is very strong and impressive for his age” says head coach Wally. This and the veteran Calle have had a strong start and now they have climbed to 6 game winning streak and are second in the division.

[Image: vikian.gif]

Second Prompt.

So far, I'm a little disappointed with San Francisco's performance. I was expecting us to do a little better than 500 at this point in the season, although we did have a very rough start and I think we probably have the easiest back end schedule in the league. Our first line has not really clicked yet, but I still have faith that it will. Our special teams have been god awful as well (Power play was at 5% at one point and PK at 50%... Which is just fucking stupid) but they are climbing back up to reasonable numbers. I expect that we will finish around the combined 100 mark, hopefully a little higher. Other than that I think the biggest surprise for me has been Chicago, they have been way better than I thought they'd be. To date, they have only lost a single game and they are currently sitting at +69 at the top of the league with 38 points in 21 games. I expected them to be good, but not this good. Definitely off to a really hot start.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

Username: NicholasTheGreat

Prompt 2

Individually my play this past week has been what I would describe as hit or miss. With a lot of hits to be honest, literally. I have been hitting a lot more and still blocking shots well though I am very hot or cold when it comes to scoring and it happens in batches or not at all. I can not say I am mad at my performance thus far but not thrilled with it either. As far as team play it is a lot of the same. Los Angeles is under performing as a lot of our team has some of the worst PDO I have ever seen and we are going in big batches of winning 3 games then losing 3 games and right now we are literally at .500 record wise as we can not seem to get a streak going sustained in either direction. I have faith we will get that luck going our way a little more though and start living up to the team I know we are.

174 words

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

ph

[Image: manh_sig6.png?width=499&height=542][Image: lebedev-sig.gif]

Prompt 2: 
Truthfully, I'm a bit tuned out and distant from what's going on with my player and team. I fucked up in the offseason and missed some major tasks, and that killed my motivation for a bit. That ended up with me missing more tasks at the start of the season, including the entire first week of tasks. Player-wise, he's fine for a third round pick, I think he has like 7 goals and 6 assists, or something along those lines. Edmonton seems to have a rough go of it in the schedule, so we're not playing as well as we'd like to be, but I suppose that's what you would expect from a team that called up a bunch of young players.

I'm not really sure what my player has in store for his future, but I may just casually update to a point where my player would be cost effective for a number of seasons and then just go inactive. I don't have any pride in Leon's career since he left the J, and I doubt I'll find it anytime soon.

195 words

Prompt #2

The first week has been a solid start for the Berserkers.  Currently sitting at the top of the league in points in a very congested leaderboard (currently the top 9 teams in the SMJHL are all within 10 points or so).  
The team has played very well, with our rookies holding their own and anchored by a solid defensive class from the previous season.
Its been great to see a breakout season by Alexander Mackenzie, recently with a 7 point game to boost the confidence.  Yet again, the expectations are high in Newfoundland, with the team expecting to return to the playoffs and challenge for the 4star cup.  It will be interesting to see how the league shapes up ahead of the trade deadline, as a few teams appear to be clear sellers looking to maximize on some player value they will be unable to use in future years.

For Mikko, the shooting percentage has seen a massive drop, this was expected with the attribute adjustment in the offseason, but the hope is that FHM will show some love in the second half of the season.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

with stacked rosters for this tournament I'm on the up-and-coming team and I don't know why I'm on this roster I'm not good enough to be on An All-Star team of this caliber but I guess if they're going to get me out there and give you some minutes and stuff I'll just go out and do what I need to do which is stand in front of the net and hopefully distract the old man playing goalie for the grizzled Vets team and then maybe I'll do what I do best and I'll go lay some hits on people and hopefully I don't hit them too hard in the end of breaking it in their shoulders or something because honestly they're too old to be on the ice with a team such as ours the Brash were arrogant and we are the future of this league and what they need to do is realize this they just get out of the way so that we can take the league by storm.

Code:
172 Words

PROMPT 2

Well, my play this season definitely has gotten off to a slow start, though it has improved in the start of the second week of play. It was getting somewhat frustrating after the first week, as we have a better team, and I was staring down another terrible season despite my 425 build testing well. At the end of the first week, I think I had like 3 points in 12 games, despite a CF% of something insane like 70%. My PDO was in the trash though at like 94, so I suppose that's why it's gotten better. Now in the middle of the second week I had 13 points thru 24 games, so things are at least finally looking better, as I've kind of hit a hot streak. My CF is still at an elite level of 60.8% after yesterday's sim, and the numbers are getting better. My only point of concern, really, is my GA/TAs. High GA and low TAs, not very good.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

https://probaseballexperience.jcink.net/...ntry387770

[Image: giphy.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: Haschdi.png]

PBE Affiliate

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

P2:

The start of the season has been an up and down one for FN LN. In his first 2 games he scored 7 points to start the season off with a huge bang, but then cooled down right away... rip. Since then my play has evened out and it is starting to all work again for FN LN.

How is he handling it? He’s been honest and patient with his questioners, if not dismissive of at least one question. “No, nothing,” he said after practice Tuesday, when asked if he needs to change anything.

Last-Name has already changed a number of things. He has switched roles on the power play, taking on a “bump” role high in the offensive zone that should allow him even more creativity than last season, when he led the team with 14 power-play assists. After exit meetings with the coaching staff in the spring, he worked on his shot, and shot mentality, over the summer. He was third on the team last season with 156 shots, and is fourth now with 13.The key for Last-Name is chances, getting them and creating them. That is the strength of his game.

[Image: gurbs.gif]

Prompt 2:

So far this season I'd have to say JLC has not lived up to my lofty expectations. After putting up 69 points in S61 I figured we would see JLC at least match that pace, and given his experience in the league it's surprising to see him well below a point per game. That being said, the Nevada Battleborn are off to a tremendous start, and certainly the best start since I recreated. Perhaps Jimmy is simply scoring a little less because the team is functioning so well as a unit, and scoring has been spread out much more evenly so far this season. Personally, I much prefer the team success to individual achievements for Jimmy, so I'm quite happy with how the season has gone so far. Hopefully we can actually make some noise in the playoffs this season, but there are a ton of powerful teams occupying the top of the standings and the Battleborn will have their work cut out for them, to say the least.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia