Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT#3 - Rivalry Week

Which team is your team's biggest rival in the league and why? This could be due to recent history, old history, medium history, personal beef, branding antagonism, passing on you in the draft, etc. - whatever the reason, which team in the league would you consider to be the biggest rival of your team?

Written option:150 words on the above
Graphic option: Make a Rivalry Week promo graphic highlighting the two teams squaring off

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S62 SMJHL Rookies (S63 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, November 21st @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-15-2021, 01:59 PM by HabsFanFromOntario.)

"Ladies and Gentlemen, people of all ages, can we get a chop going!?"

Rand al'Thor hates Maine and nobody seems to know why. Maybe that is where the blight that will take over the world begins, or maybe they promised to trade up and draft him. Maybe he has a crush on their cute GM, Mr. Toast. Whatever the reason, he begins each and every game by telling the audience to chop down the Maine Timber, even if they aren't playing them. It's a weird thing to attack a team who you're not even playing, but the fans seem to love it, even going so far as buying Maine jerseys and setting the name to !chop or sucks. There used to be giant oak trees growing outside the arena, but after al'Thor's arrival, all trees have been !chop 'd down and will never return to the Newfoundland arena territory. Some might even say the deforestation in the Amazon is a direct result of hatred for the Maine Timber. Also, Carolina sucks, sorry not sorry Ms. Commissioner.

Well I guess its time to throw some serious shade in this thread. Lesgo Brandon and the Anaheim Outlaws see Colorado as their rivals. They are division foes and see them as gate keepers to the playoffs. Anaheim was 1-5 last year against Colorado. There is some serious beef this year to rectify that. With the additions of some rookies and some big defensemen this year, it will be a a great rivalry. So far this year, the Raptors hold a 1-0 lead in he rivalry. The game was 2-1 very close game full of excitement. I see this matchup being close all year. Both these teams are close in TPE and play similar games. They are neck in neck in the standings already this year and should be a fight to the finish. The Outlaws are vastly improved from last year and really look to prove that making the playoffs this year. This all comes with going through Colorado first.

(166 words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

Growing up on the Prairies, there weren't too many professional teams around for Buck to cheer for, but there was the Regina Elk. Buck grew up idolizing the Elk and driving the half hour so he could go to home games. Buck trained daily in hopes to one day make the Elk, and be a part of the franchise he grew up supporting. Buck missed the SMJHL entry draft and was designated as an undrafted free agent. When Buck looked at the teams interested in him, there was one missing, one that struck him deep and hurt. The Elk, the team Buck loved, didn't make an offer or even reach out to him. Buck was hurt and he took it personally growing bitter towards the team he loved growing up. This was beef, this was the birth of a personal rivalry between Buck and the Elk. Going into the season Buck only had one goal in mind. Make the Elk regret their decision and show them what could've been.

Ergo Nomics biggest rival is clearly the Detroit Falcons. The holder of the season 62 SMJHL first overall pick. Ergos rivals are the teams rivals. For they are the team now. Detroit found it funny to trade away first overall. Little did they understand what first overall entailed. Carolina did pay a lot, but they got a lot. Detroit will never know the grace and amazingnes that is Ergo Nomic. For that, they will pay. On and off the ice. Every time the Carolina Kraken meets the Detroit Falcons they will be in for a surprise. Ergo loves to hit, and rivals get hit hard. I hope they are ready. Ergo might fight too, if they get too chirpy. That is the price to pay when you declare war against the Nomic Krakens. So because said reason, Detroit is the one and only rival of the Ergo Nomic Carolina Krakens. See you on the ice.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Maine. What is there in Maine? Nothing. A bunch of sad lonely people living their sad lonely lives. The Timber carry on this legacy of being absolutely unbearable. There’s no redeeming qualities of the state or the Timber. Denisova was in contact with Maine before the draft, and thankfully wasn’t drafted to that godforsaken desolate hellscape. The Timber have shown what was expected in our game against them, being bad. Okay but Seriously, what good is there in Maine. There’s nothing to do. At least in New Hampshire and Vermont near it, it’s super pretty, but Maine is just the worst state possible… oh yeah the Timber. Truly there is nothing remarkable about that bland team. They get chopped down every time they try to play the Berserkers. It is truly even a rivalry if we just destroy them every time?doesn’t feel like it. But alas they are our rivals, the history between these two teams is a tale to tell, well it’s more the Berserkers tale and the Timber are an annoying side character that pops in every once in a while to get beaten up by the main character. Toast is a cutie though that’s the only good thing about the Timber

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2021, 09:18 PM by MamaB.)

Ignore post

[Image: 65157_s.gif]

Let’s talk big picture here for a second. I may be on the Anaheim Outlaws, but my heart belongs to the SHL/SMJHL and always has. I love my team currently, but I’m not caught up in any bitter rivalries or past qualms former players may have had. In Anaheim we love and cherish everyone in the league that shows compassion and kindness. I say shows compassion and kindness because we do set boundaries, and this is where the warm and fuzzies end. One team, or rather GM, this season decided to show no compassion or kindness to any rookies who just wanted some TPE. Know who I’m talking about yet? I’ll give you a hint, his name starts with an H and ends with an alkohol and he ripped my heart out and stepped on it. All I wanted was to get 7, maybe 12 TPE, from my mock draft. Instead Halky thought it would be a real funny joke if he took every single rookie’s mock draft, spit on it, crumpled it up, and lit it on fire and now here we are with the vast majority of us sitting on 3 TPE from our rookie mock. You see I’m not interested in petty team or player rivalries, I got bigger fish to fry. My rivalry is Halkohol vs the S63 class.

Need a sig :-/

Ivan Lacksamus doesn't like to think small. Everyone is talking about who their rival is and why, but Ivan takes each game as they come and whoever is on the ice in front of the Falcons is today's rival. Each and every opponent is looked at with an equal amount of disdain and Ivan intends to make each opponent leave the rink feeling not only the sting of a loss but also with a feeling of moral defeat. The Falcons attempt to provide this to each an every opponent through a concentrated effort to make hockey hard for the opposing team. We do this by playing a very physical game on both sides of the ice, putting more pucks at the net, and being a general nuisance for the full 60 minutes. Unfortunately, the Falcons are still working to put this philosophy into action as we are not getting many ticks in the W column, but with time and persistence Detroit is expecting to make big moves.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Lias was surprised to discover that the "rivalries" in Nevada are sort of weak and bizarre in their reasoning. First of all, everybody seems to think there is a rivalry with Anaheim, but nobody can quite explain why - something about some players who are friends and one of them poisoning the other? But now both of those players play for Nevada now, so Lias is confused as to why he is supposed to hate the Outlaws. There's also a supposed rivalry with Québec City, because they were an expansion team in the same year as Nevada, but given the wildly different trajectory the paths of those two teams have gone down, it doesn't seem like much of a rivalry. Lias himself has decided that every single other team in the league should be their rivals. No one has taken Nevada seriously for a long time, and now they are looking like they are not a pushover easy-win team anymore, so now it is Nevada vs everybody who has never considered them a threat before.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

[Image: u92zNyQ.jpg]

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Affiliate PBE PT

I would say the biggest rival to the grizzlies are the elk because we were expansion teams the same year. I feel like that should be a rivalry on its own. I feel like it is so easy to pick them though because of being in the same expansion. So my second choice is going to be Nevada because right we have been back and forth throughout the standings that I feel that it is more of a rivalry than the elk are in my opinion. I think that this is going to be a close race between who is going to get that second place between us and the batleborn but we got you in our sights. I feel like this going to be big for us to get ahead of them in the playoff race this season. I think that this is the rivalry we should keep an eye on all season long to see who comes out ahead at the end.

164 words
(This post was last modified: 11-17-2021, 03:47 PM by Aurora.)

link