Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT#3 - Rivalry Week

The St Louis Scarecrows biggest rival is the Detroit Falcons. The rivalry began in the mid S30s when the two teams met in the SMJHL playoffs five times over a period of seven seasons. Beginning in S34, the Detroit Falcons won all five playoff series between the two teams, including three straight match ups from S36 to S38, and again in S40.

The hockey depression era of the S30s ended for the Scarecrows in S45, when they defeated the Detroit Falcons for the Four Star cup championship. After so many seasons of futility, the Scarecrows finally put the Falcons away when it counted.

After the S45 season, the war between the two teams seemed to be over. In S53, their cold war erupted into a hot one again as Detroit bested St Louis four games to three. Now, in S62 the two teams are renewing their rivalry at the bottom of the SMJHL Atlantic Conference. The Falcons had the early lead on the Scarecrows through the first eight to ten games of the season, but Sparky Dee has since had his squad playing better. The Scarecrows now have a five point lead on the Falcons with three games in hand. And of course, lest the Scarecrows show discontent with their performance thus far, it has been said that “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

As a member of one of the two newest teams in the SMJHL it is kind of hard to say who our rivals are. Based on this fact I would have to say that the other expansion team that entered the J along with us, the Great Falls Grizzlies, would have to be our rivals. As expansion teams, players and fans have to have tempered expectations. Both have to be aware that they probably are not going to be jumping into the league and immediately challenging for a cup. The best way to gauge your success would then be against the other newly formed team. Regina has to push themselves to be the "better" expansion team. That does not have to mean actual playoff success just beating the absolute tar out of Great Falls whenever they meet and finishing higher in the overall standings. This sort of rivalry of circumstance may eventually turn into a legitimate one in the future but that would probably take the Elks totally demolishing the Grizzlies every chance they get for the next few season and humiliating them in the playoffs.

(186 words)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

My biggest rival in the SMJHL would be the Anchorage Armada. I started with the superior Prince George Firebirds on both players, then they made the disgustingly terrible move to Armada to an inferior culture and marketing scheme. I'm not worried about not playing with Anchorage, or even getting drafted by them. I would much rather play in the gambling state of Nevada than in Anchorage, Alaska. The only good thing about Anchorage is how good their king crab is. That's it. I'm here making millions in the gambling state and winning more on the blackjack tables than any Armada player could ever fathom. I want to go bar-down on every single shift against them, I hope Alaska breaks off of North America and shifts all the way to North Korea. If the Armada went back to PGF branding I might consider my views, but for now I'm extremely glad to be #Battleborn.

[Image: giphy.mp4]

Based on the fact that divisions change every year our rivals probably change. I think this season we are trying to keep pace with Vancouver as we are in direct competition for 1st place with them. It's a right race and the head to head games have and will be interesting. But as for long-term beef, we are still a fairly new expansion team. It could be Nevada since both teams came into existence at the same time. But so far we haven't spent a lot of time talking about having to win certain games because we just hate a team. It all depends who we are closest to in the standings and who we need to beat on a given week. So I'd say Vancouver is right now, for me personally. But it's not a personal rivalry, like I don't hate them. But we want to beat them so we can win the division.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

ISFL PT affiliate

This week, the berserkers will be facing a tough series of opponents, the likes of which the league has always seen. very many of the same people making the same players for the same teams, but sometimes there's some outliers, probably.

One of our rivals is going to have to be, in my opinion and the opinion of the team, understandably is the maine timber. we're gonna cut those guys down, the maine timber of course, being the people we're going to cut down, like they're toppling trees. once the fierce battle of wits and courage and fast flying fists of fortitude and flying fury is all said and done the short but fierce rivalry will be all but reignited and alight with an even greater passion for both teams, although there's absolutely no way in hell maine will ever beat us (they never have, don't go look that up though, the stat keepers are liars.)

156 words