Create Account

The true "Parity Issue" in the league

11-16-2021, 05:31 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: It's bizarre because I have a ton of respect for the people that I've seen with the "bad GM" take too. @CementHands you're an exceptional user who I know for a fact cares a ton about this league. I'm absolutely perplexed to see an incredibly bad take be nearly ubiquitous.

My bit on the GMs was on how to influence more applications for vacancies, no shots were fired at any current or past GMs. Hell I did it for 8 seasons with CoA in Maine and respect the commitment all of them put in. It’s a hard job and that’s part of the problem.

A small summary could be if we aren’t getting many apps (as has been confirmed by several people by now) then increasing the compensation should be an avenue to look at.

Might not be the answer, but worth a look I think, a discussion at the very least.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

11-16-2021, 05:29 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: These people right here:

@notorioustig @reid

Are you telling me that these are all shit GMs?.

Yes

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

11-16-2021, 03:42 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:
11-16-2021, 03:11 PMsuavemente Wrote: PT passes for GMs totally make sense. You should be spending time making deals and working lines not describing Grape flavored jelly bean recipes.  I do like that PT dont get me wrong, but a GMs main focus should be on fixing or maintaining their team.

Good write-up by a legend

have you considered that if GMs don't do PT tasks that no one will feel inspired to do them?
Have you considered no one gives a shit if the GM is doing PTs? If the GM is active in the LR, I don't even care if he has an active player.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

11-16-2021, 05:29 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'm tired of hearing this "bad GM" take. Let's just make it clear when we hear this what is being said. These people right here:

@JKortesi81 @Pythonic @JayWhy @Citizen of Adraa @Ace @Bayley @Thatguy91 @AgentSmith630 @Mutedfaith @spooked @notorioustig @reid @FuzzSHL @TheDangaZone @Inf1d3l @TheFlash @kenvald @39alaska39

Are you telling me that these are all shit GMs? Or am I just interpreting this wrong? Maybe not shit GMs, that'd be mean. Just bad. Right?

What a load.

I agree with the rest of the post but come the fuck on with that absolute garbage.

For what it's worth, I didn't feel like that was a shot at GMs as much as a "how do we inspire new people to want to be GMs" idea.

But god damnit do I love you for defending us.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

11-16-2021, 06:15 PMbrickwall35 Wrote:
11-16-2021, 03:42 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: have you considered that if GMs don't do PT tasks that no one will feel inspired to do them?
Have you considered no one gives a shit if the GM is doing PTs? If the GM is active in the LR, I don't even care if he has an active player.

I think it was sarcasm

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

11-16-2021, 05:59 PMCementHands Wrote:
11-16-2021, 05:31 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: It's bizarre because I have a ton of respect for the people that I've seen with the "bad GM" take too. @CementHands you're an exceptional user who I know for a fact cares a ton about this league. I'm absolutely perplexed to see an incredibly bad take be nearly ubiquitous.

My bit on the GMs was on how to influence more applications for vacancies, no shots were fired at any current or past GMs. Hell I did it for 8 seasons with CoA in Maine and respect the commitment all of them put in. It’s a hard job and that’s part of the problem.

A small summary could be if we aren’t getting many apps (as has been confirmed by several people by now) then increasing the compensation should be an avenue to look at.

Might not be the answer, but worth a look I think, a discussion at the very least.
That's a fair explanation and I appreciate you offering it. That's not at all how I've read people's take on this in the past. You're right the lack of GM apps is definitely an issue.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

About time someone brings this up, Balance changes including possible build caps are going to be needed if we want to see parity back in the league.

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Gib archetypes

Also joe good

11-16-2021, 06:13 PMnotorioustig Wrote:
11-16-2021, 05:29 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: These people right here:

@notorioustig @reid

Are you telling me that these are all shit GMs?.

Yes

Finally something the whole site can get behind!

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

11-16-2021, 05:29 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: I'm tired of hearing this "bad GM" take. Let's just make it clear when we hear this what is being said. These people right here:

@JKortesi81 @Pythonic @JayWhy @Citizen of Adraa @Ace @Bayley @Thatguy91 @AgentSmith630 @Mutedfaith @spooked @notorioustig @reid @FuzzSHL @TheDangaZone @Inf1d3l @TheFlash @kenvald @39alaska39

Are you telling me that these are all shit GMs? Or am I just interpreting this wrong? Maybe not shit GMs, that'd be mean. Just bad. Right?

What a load.

I agree with the rest of the post but come the fuck on with that absolute garbage.

But... What about...

[Image: 1HVJ.gif]

[Image: Wally.png]

11-16-2021, 05:54 PMImShiny Wrote:
11-16-2021, 03:54 PMSlashACM Wrote: I think PT director should get PT pass
no

loser

Reported

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

11-16-2021, 06:23 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
11-16-2021, 06:15 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Have you considered no one gives a shit if the GM is doing PTs? If the GM is active in the LR, I don't even care if he has an active player.

I think it was sarcasm

It's called the voice

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

I believe in everything Krash said. Despite that I think all games should take place in Blockey

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2021, 11:59 PM by Pythonic.)

What a load.

yeah i'm a shit gm and i'm proud

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

11-16-2021, 06:23 PMACapitalChicago Wrote:
11-16-2021, 06:15 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Have you considered no one gives a shit if the GM is doing PTs? If the GM is active in the LR, I don't even care if he has an active player.

I think it was sarcasm
Do we not have a rule against that?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]