Create Account

The true "Parity Issue" in the league

11-23-2021, 11:46 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Here's a novel idea. Instead of giving to damn file to every Tom Dick and Harry why not only let the simmers have it like we did when I first joined the league. We are supposed to be simulating hockey, not running enough reps on a computer program to try and come up with an ultimate output. Where's the hockey? It has become secondary. Back then the preseason was just not a worthless exercise, gms tried different strats to get one for the season. Where is the sense of how hockey works in all this, instead of just plugging endless numbers into a computer? In hockey which we're supposed to be simulating you don't get to play your opponent 1000 times to see what combos work best. How about we get back to the sport we all love instead of trying to game a computer program.
That would make entering the lines/strats a nightmare for the sim team

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

11-23-2021, 08:02 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote:
11-23-2021, 11:46 AMBarnabasCollins Wrote: Here's a novel idea. Instead of giving to damn file to every Tom Dick and Harry why not only let the simmers have it like we did when I first joined the league. We are supposed to be simulating hockey, not running enough reps on a computer program to try and come up with an ultimate output. Where's the hockey? It has become secondary. Back then the preseason was just not a worthless exercise, gms tried different strats to get one for the season. Where is the sense of how hockey works in all this, instead of just plugging endless numbers into a computer? In hockey which we're supposed to be simulating you don't get to play your opponent 1000 times to see what combos work best. How about we get back to the sport we all love instead of trying to game a computer program.
That would make entering the lines/strats a nightmare for the sim team

How it used to be done by just one person. entered all lines and strats and updates.l

[Image: iUd7IJE.png]
[Image: rhodes.png]

didnt read all this crap but i'd be a gm for the pt passes tbh lets do that and then hire me as a gm pls

Because then we just end up with people creating a separate file. Sure you cut down on the viability of the testing but it doesn't stop people.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

What if we had dedicated Test Simmers, that GMs could use as a resource? Just throwing ideas out there.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

11-24-2021, 12:34 AMbrickwall35 Wrote: What if we had dedicated Test Simmers, that GMs could use as a resource? Just throwing ideas out there.

I think we would need like 20 of them at least

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

11-23-2021, 10:47 PMBarnabasCollins Wrote:
11-23-2021, 08:02 PMcaltroit_red_flames Wrote: That would make entering the lines/strats a nightmare for the sim team

How it used to be done by just one person. entered all lines and strats and updates.l
FHM has many more options that STHS had

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

Fuck test-simmers tbh

[Image: 41373_s.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: 7WSfxIG.png][Image: nBgNUTY.png]

hamilton scripts go brrrr

[Image: x17WALp.png]||[Image: uNh8ZtE.png]
[Image: luff.png][Image: luff2.png][Image: luff.png]

11-24-2021, 04:40 PMTnlAstatine Wrote:

hamilton scripts go brrrr

Ham has scripts that test sim for them?

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

New player on first create, first ever time playing a sim league, so take this for the nothing it's probably worth.

I don't like archetypes as an idea. Making my own player build is half the fun for me. I want to be a big dumb power forward without putting a ton of points into screening; I'd rather snipe for my goals. My Josh Anderson wannabe is working out pretty well so far, even though the build is slightly off-meta. The two locker rooms I've been in have both known how to strike a balance between catering to the way I wanted to build my player, deploying that build in a way that gives it the best chance of being useful, while also making sure I understand what stats do what and which defensive stats matter more than others for the sim engine. I think archetypes would be solving a problem that doesn't exist in practice (unplayably awful noobtrap builds) by creating a real one (lack of build diversity / taking away the fun of making your own build).

Of course, archetypes could be community shorthand for a totally different idea and what I've said makes no sense, in which case ignore me.

[Image: zN6tB52.png]