Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1: St.Louis Scarecrows: hope for the future?
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2021, 04:30 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

I am going to be honest with all of you: the St.Louis Scarecrows were not very good to start the season, with loss after loss to thier name. Heck right now they would be the worst team in the SMJHL if the Detroit Falcons did not exist. Right now despite starting to push the needle a bit with a few wins they stand at 6-18 with only 12 points to their name. However I personally think there might be at least a bit of hope for the Crows and I will highlight thier rookies to show how good they can potentially be on the next few seasons.

We will start with my player Rolf Korhonen, who is currently has 246 TPE  and who's best stats seem to be his speed, stamina and strength making him potentially a very physical player. He has a goal and an assist to his name but is definitely not built for goal scoring. Most of his stats are currently going towards defense so he be as good of a defender as I can make him before I put any points towards goal scoring. He has 43 blocks and 18 hits and is just trying to take advantage of the time he gets. As I continue to earn hopefully he becomes a bigger part of the team going forward.

Next up we have Alix Nunez from the user a_cupof_bread, who unfortunately seems to have missed an update recently and has not updated since the first of November. In thier last update he got his TPE up to 214 and improved his checking, faceoffs, and Bravery. Hopefully they can get back in the groove of updating, but missing that update and being in danger of missing this one has me really concerned. Would be a shame if they went inactive, as that would hurt us going forward. In terms of player stats he has 5 goals and 3 assists so he is definitely getting involved.

Next up we have Sisyphus Embros from  user SabresFan who despite a really odd name seems to be a consistent earner. He has gotten 245 TPE so far and in his most recent update he got both his positioning and defensive read up to 13. He also increased his shot blocking and shooting range. He gotten 4 points from 2 goals and 2 assists so he hasn't been involved as Alix in terms of points but is still involved. He has gotten 24 blocks and 17 hits so he has also been extremely physical on the ice. Overall a very good center for the future of the Crows.

So what do I think about the future of the Scarecrows? Well I think we ultimately still have a long way to go before we can truly break through. A lot of our players are old beyond the few rookies and the S62 players we have, and I understand why we are currently near the basement of the league. But I still have hope for us, as I think some growth and a few good drafts can turn things around. We just gotta trust the process and hope things turn out alright.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Approved!

+5 TPE @WildfireMicro