Create Account

Kraken Season 61 Awards/Season 62 Captaincy

[quote pid='3059707' dateline='1624309263']
[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]
Good evening all, and welcome to the Carolina Kraken annual offseason banquet. While the season didn’t end in the way that we hoped, we can look back on another season of excellent play and celebrate the careers of some incredible players and people. Tonight, we send off a number of Kraken legends and recap the past season in advance of the first pre-season games of season 62. This season will be a challenging transition for the organization, with the majority of the captaincy core taking the next steps in their careers and moving up to the SHL.

With much of the team's leadership core moving on, a team vote was held to determine new captains. Anyone who has followed the organization over the last three seasons knows the new captain well. Please join me in welcoming your new captain of the Carolina Kraken...

RODERIC BANES

What can I say except thank you? The vote of confidence in me is a heartwarming. I have greatly enjoyed getting to know each and every one of you during my time as a Kraken, and I can safely guess now that you all feel the same. I hope I live up to your expectations, and promise to do my best to represent you well.

And now to the alternates, both veterans of the organization who have stepped up both on the admin side of the team as well as bringing a lot of life to the locker room. Both top players have proven to be incredibly valuable in shaping the recent image of this team and I'm glad we can give them their due reward. Congratulations...

ATTICUS HALE  and VINCENT FOX
The future of Carolina is in excellent hands. Atticus and Vincent are both shining examples of humanity, as well as exemplars of what it means to be a Kraken. On and off the ice, their dedication to the team is apparent. Atticus is always the first to chime in with support for players after a tough sim, or find positive notes in losses. He makes us better through our wins and our struggles. Vincent, dear sweet Jimmy, is a prolific locker room presence, and no one is more in our corner than him. The only person Jimmy will criticize is himself, and he is a constant source of love and support for his teammates. I'm honoured to lead this team alongside you both.

With the future still in good hands for a long time, we can reflect on another season in the history books. The season was a rollercoaster of emotions. From the flying start to the slow, grinding midseason, to the ultimately disappointing finish in the playoffs. Key pieces have joined the team since the beginning of last season, and as the moving parts settle in to place, the future for Carolina looks bright. While there are always off-season losses to callups, the locker room is as optimistic as ever, and the team looks forward to Season 62. New additions to the team continue to be spirited and welcome Squidlets, and the Kraken look to be going strong once more.

No award or all-league committee can understand the Kraken like one on the inside though, and that’s where the Kraken season awards come in. As always, these awards are voted by the team, including departing members of the roster.

Our first award tonight is the Kain Webb Award for Leadership, and our nominees are..
Cormac Pónaire
Granny Pan Pan
Roderic Banes

It is no surprise to see old captain, new captain, and the resident geriatric with a gun up here for being anchors for this team over their tenures. Bittersweet that two of them are gone yes, but the team is clearly left in good hands. Congratulations...

GRANNY PAN PAN
Granny was one of the most prolific locker room contributors, and from his daily love and support to the Hot Boys podcast, he constantly encouraged the Kraken and did a lot to bring out the best in us. No one did more to hype up the boys when we were playing well, or found ways to celebrate victory, even in defeat. Love ya, Granny.

Our second award tonight is the Cristoph Klose Award for the Top Forward, and our nominees are..
Cormac Ponaire
Bjorn Bjorn
Tanner Fox

While we once again found no answer to the Quebec City tour de force, Carolina continued their long standing tradition of offensive output, once again finishing strong in the division. The scoring was deep through the roster though, and one player's two way play elevated themselves as they remained a top goal scorer for the team. Congratulations...

BJORN BJORN
Bjorn Bjorn (or B-Square) can really do it all on the ice. Set up plays, score goals, win fights. A complete package forward, this award is well-deserved.

Our third award tonight is Carolina’s version of the Quilha Agante Award for the Top Defenseman, and our nominees are…
Granny Pan Pan
Eddie Kastrba
Vincent Fox

While the team as a whole struggled to keep the puck out of the net, all three players stood out in their own way. Granny was a machine gun from the blue line, delivering a truly frightening volume of shots. Eddie was a consistent, two-way defender who exemplified reliability. Vincent Fox contributed strongly to offence with a mountain of assists.  Congratulations...
GRANNY PAN PAN

Granny continues to rack up accolades this season, and this one is also unsurprising. Granny was a dependable blue-line presence, while also being a driving force in the attacking zone. Well-deserved.

The fourth award tonight is the Jordan Nugent Hall Award for the Most Dedicated Player, and our nominees are…
Cormac Pónaire
Atticus Hale
Patya Perevalov
It's hard to imagine what this league and team would look like without the work these three have put in day after day. I'm proud to call them all Kraken and think they're all nowhere close to done with changing both team and league for the better. Three of the most active participants, in the social side of the locker room, as well as the technical. They have all stepped up to put in a great deal of their time and effort to making both their players and the team better. Congratulations to...

PATYA PEREVALOV
This one was, in my mind, almost a slam dunk. Nate has continued to do so much for this team, being a warm and friendly locker room presence, as well as helping with coaching, management, scouting, and consulting on player builds. All this while he goes to school full time. Nate inspires the best in all of us, and this award couldn't go to a more deserving dude.

The fifth award tonight is the Petr Klimek Award for the Best Two-Way Player, and our nominees are…
Cormac Ponaire
Gino Lombardo
Granny PanPan
Vincent Fox

None of these nominees are surprising, as Cormac had a terrific season at both ends of the ice, and the entire Carolina blueline were huge contributors to the offensive output of the team. Congratulations...
CORMAC PONAIRE

Wuma, throughout his entire career with Carolina, has been a dependable two-way presence, and this award only recognizes what everyone on the team already knew. Good luck in the big show, Wuma!

The sixth award of the night is one of my personal favorites, both in name and what it represents. The Alonzo Garbonzo Award is a rookie award, but it’s unique in that it’s awarded to a rookie player who played well on the ice and had a great locker room presence. Our nominees this season are...

Ka Chow
Lenny Hawk
Marek Skoda
Rafael Boeck

As a testament to the scouting that Seven manages to find time for, all four of these guys have been exceptional additions to the locker room, from media to game day energy. Casting my own votes for this award was an extremely tough choice. Their on-ice play was excellent all-round, with strong rookie seasons from all. Off the ice, their media work and locker room contributions have made them very quickly into beloved teammates.  Congratulations...

LENNY HAWK

I can't say enough good things about McPumpkin. Having another BC dude around has made the locker room feel even more like home. They came in as a UDFA, and may have briefly struggled to find their game, but quickly won our hearts, becoming a staple in the locker room, and a key contributor on the ice. I always look forward to hearing what they think about the league goings-on, as well as the NHL. Looking forward to another season with Lenny!

Our second to last award tonight is the Kurtis Hunter Award, the Team's MVP as decided by the team. The nominees this season are…
Cormac Ponaire
Granny Pan Pan
Bjorn Bjorn

This player had a lot put on their shoulders this season, and stepped up in a big way.  Congratulations...

GRANNY PAN PAN
What more could I say about Granny? Everyone loves Granny, and their final season in Carolina was one to remember. From the constant home-run hits of Hot Boys episodes, to the eye-watering shots on goal count, Granny will go down in Carolina history as the team legend they already are.

It’s common for teams to end at their MVP, but Carolina does things a little differently. There is one award critical to how we exist as an organization, the Michael Fitted Award for the player who best demonstrates what it means to be a Kraken. It commemorates the sportsmanship, dedication, and energy demonstrated by it’s recipient, and truly represents both the passion we all have for the SHL and SMJHL as well as a love for their team in Carolina and the league as a whole. Our nominees for this season’s award are…
Granny PanPan
Roderic Banes
Vincent Fox
Marek Skoda
Surprising absolutely no-one, the winner of the Michael Fitted Award goes to one of my favourite people, and an all-around excellent dude. This person has done it all, from being a star player, to a locker room leader, a media juggernaut, and a welcoming voice and helping hand to several seasons of Baby Squidlets. Congratulations, once again, and good luck in Manhattan...
GRANNY PAN PAN

As we draw to a close, I just want to add a personal note to wrap things up. Each and every member of this team; people I have never met, and barely even seen, I now see as good friends. The love and support I have felt from all of you, especially our award winners and nominees tonight, is overwhelming. Several of you have helped me through my personal struggles with my mental health and my only regret is that we couldn't bring home the cup all of our alumni deserved to win. 

With deepest respect and affection,

Your new Captain, Roddy B.

Congratulations to both the award winners and to the entirety of the Carolina Kraken and organization, and best of luck to the new roster and new leadership. Thank you all for coming out tonight, thank you season 61 roster and teammates for another incredible season, and thank you all for making the SHL one of the best communities online. May Terry Bradshaw’s ghost lead you to the promised land.
[/quote]

[Image: banes.png]

No one finer to take the captaincy reigns than you brother. Love you and miss all of you sexies

Great write up and great folks to take the wheel of Kraken Captaincy, congratulations to all!

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar