Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

I am not a big fan of losing in sim leagues, just ask anyone who shared a locker room with me in either in the ISFL or PBE, they would all say the same thing about me. The biggest loss I've taken was in the S60 SMJHL playoffs, at the time I was a member of the Anaheim Outlaws Outlaws and we were playing the Maine Timber in the first round of the playoffs. After coming back from down 3-1 in the series, it was now time for game 7 back in the Outlaw Saloon.. The game managed to be scoreless through all 3 periods through elite goaltending from Zhen Roza of Anaheim, and Bloody Oath of Maine. that was until the overtime period, when one bad defensive miscue caused the game and also any hope for a 4 star cup to come crashing down like the chandelier during The Phantom Of The Opera, as it somehow got past Roza's left glove, and it eliminated the Outlaws.
(172 words)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Prompt 2
Graphic: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1...this_L.png

[Image: 64377_v.gif]
Whalers Whalers Whalers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Panthers Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack Wolfpack
Finland / Germany  
Big thanks to Pythonic(first sig evah), Sloth(first LAP sig<3) and Ragnar for their sigs<3
Two time playoffs MVP and two time nominee
Triple gold club
Discord: asska

Every loss that I have ever had has been a bad one, but some of the worse have been with Edmonton when we were playing Hamilton. I feel like we came really close to winning a couple of championships and ever season it seemed like it was Edmonton versus Hamilton in the finals or semi-finals and inevitably we kept losing. Like, it really sucked. I am sure that played a part in why I dislike the Hamilton franchise so much (it's kind of like the 90s Cowboys or the Yankees, you just love to hate them because they were so good). I know those losses really shaped me as a player to play harder, be meaner on the ice and try to knock the heads off of opposing players (I think one of our losses was actually due to me slashing a Hamilton player and earning a game misconduct). Whether I have been successful or not is debatable, but I know those losses to Hamilton really shaped my player and who I am in the SHL.

WolfpackBlizzardRaptors  raiders Switzerland  FINN RHYS  Switzerland raiders Raptors Blizzard Wolfpack

[Image: hockey__27674.1518661372.1000.1200.jpg?c=2]

[Image: iOjAcRd.gif]

Prompt 2:
With this player, I haven’t particularly had any painful losses yet. I don’t think the playoff losses or the WJC losses so far have been of the variety that really hurts at this point. With my last player, there were a couple of losses that really hurt, mainly the gold medal game loss in S53 as captain. As a user, getting absolutely screwed by HO and the commissioner at the time (shout-out Nobody) as a GM because a team traded me a pick and then used it anyways which meant I got nothing is one that always sticks with me. It’s probably one of the few times I’ve absolutely unloaded on someone on the site and in a public and it’s something I’ve tried to avoid on a whole really. I try to stay mostly calm when involving things in this league overall, and I think how I’ve done things in the past has affected how I try to do those kind of things nowadays.

WC: 165 Words

Alex Winters (retired)
Matej Winters (retired)
Dominik Winters
S45 Jesster Trophy Winner
Challenge Cup Winning Goal Club: S52

Code:
Graphic Task: Create a graphic depicting a tough moment from this tough loss. Weak goal, getting dangled on, laid out, etc. Label your player and at least one from the opponent team.

[Image: 6766A610-358D-4A81-8511-ED397DD0886B.png]

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

Pt pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

Prompt 2

Let's go back to S53 when we switched to FHM. Does anyone remember when we were in a division with both Hamilton who ended the season with 40 wins and Buffalo who had 35 wins at the end and then us with... 6 wins? At the bottom of the league? Sure, not as bad as Tampa the season after that, but losing that much has felt really bad. In fact there have been so many losses against those two teams (and maybe Chicago, too) that if before FHM I couldn't say I really hated other teams, after those times that has changed. In S52 I played in the playoffs, then FHM came around and it took until S58 until I played my next playoff game. Those were really hard times, over a real time year, but it taught me to always stay positive, stick with your team through good times and bad times. It makes winning feel so much better if you've gone through the worst of the worst. Staying positive can be really challenging.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]

Prompt 2

It would be really easy for me to talk about that infamous semi-final loss in game 6 of the QCC vs ANC series in S57 which was a defining moment for many of the young QCC players back then, but instead of talking about Ls for my player, I will focus on some of the losses that happened to me as a user. The most recent and impactful one being the fact that I missed completing a week's worth of 3v3 and Primetime tasks last season. This one lapse in my consistency broke a 5 going on 6 season streak of completing all point tasks and completely max earning. It was not an easy mistake to recover from and Asron Bot will force me to remember the mistake for the next three seasons at a minimum. The next few biggest Ls I took on this site were two seasons of fantasy where I couldn't quite finish in first place. One season in particular stung more than the rest when my negative value trade caused me to drop from first to third place on the final day of sims. It was definitely a tough pill to swallow and I wish it was a grape jelly bean instead.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate

Prompt #2

The biggest L I ever took on this site was being a part of the S43 San Francisco Pride draft class. We were hyped so hard that it couldn't hold together due to egos and drama*. This would take me from promising young defenseman to burnt out on the league when it became clear that because I had been called up early to fill the void left behind in San Fran I was the likely expansion target of New Orleans. Once this happened the locker room just didn't feel the same. The promise of that draft class still haunts me to this day as that team should have won multiple championships. Realistically though I enjoyed my time with those guys and if I could go back and do it all again I wouldn't change a thing. Heck New Orleans even won in the situation as they traded me away just in time to win it all Smile

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

PT Pass

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Task 2:

The first tough loss was with Quebec City Citadelles on my third season in juniors. We won the regular season with a dominant effort and broke the previous point record if I remember correctly. We scored a lot of goals and everything looked well. However, in the playoffs we lost in the semi-finals on game six or seven. It was a disastrous result and hurt a lot. But there was no time to think about that results too long. We used it as a strength next season when we won the cup. Before that next season I wrote to our locker room chat that we will be little bit worse in the regular season but it helps us to be even better in the playoffs. That was true in the end. Sad story had an happy ending which was nice. We lift the trophy after season four and then it was right time to move to Seattle where I haven't yet experienced tough losses.

[Image: salming.png]

Prompt 1

I'm trapped in this, right? Ok, let's do this. We started good into the tourney facing the old farts, but now the superstars of Hall of Famers were on the table. And they smashed us. You think young and coming would stand a chance? Nope, definitely not the case. They showed us what it takes to play hockey, they let us bleed with their experience and skills. A lot of training is ahead of us to get on their level. There wasn't one player that stood out and held up to the challenge, but it's a teamsports anyways. They never left us a chance right from the start. We were hyped up and saw a chance of a surprise, but they never let that happen. In the third we at least got to score, but that's only because they slowed down the intensity and let it happen. That's where we have to go to become superstars in this league. If it had a good thing, then that we now know what it takes to get better.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]

PBE affiliation

Well it turns out the "Superstars" team carry that name for a reason, as they were the first squad to beat us in the round robin stages fo this tournament. I have to say that I wasn't completely surprised, in a tournament with as much quality as this one everyone can beat everyone, but I still would've expected us to have the upper hand of course. The superstars of one generation vs the superstars of all the other generations that came before them? Should have been a win for us but oh well, luckily things aren't that easy and predictable in hockey. Unless you are the current version of the SHL of course where parity is a constant issues and seasons are more predictable than ever. But I digress. One thing that did become apparent in this loss was the physical aspect of the game - players today simply are in much better shape than we had to be in our primes, and it showed in the battles along the boards and as the game went on and Enduracne became more and more important. I would argue that we had a slight edge in raw skill but we couldn't quite match their combination of both skill and physicality this time so this is definitely something we have to figure out until our next matchup...

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 09:26 AM by Matteo.)

Prompt 1

Well this game was just embarrassing for the young guns after a tough loss to the grizzled vets. Nobody on the team played well against those hall-of-famers, most of which Smith only recognized as the people who most of the awards were named after. Tyler Ward got the start, and after giving up 5 goals on 20 shots in the first period and a half, Smith was put in. He did no better in the second half, allowing another 6 goals on top of that on 22 shots. The up-and-comers could take solace in the fact that it wasn't a shutout loss though, as Kev Kevens scored a greasy grindy goal late in the 3rd, final score 11-1 for the Hall-of-Famers. The young guns were frustrated going into the locker room, most of all with themselves, and knew that they all had to be better if they wanted a shot coming out of the round robin.

[Image: Mat10Man.gif]

[Image: bhLfeta.png][Image: UbL0bdg.png]