Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

Prompt 2

The worst period of losses for me on the site was probably just how the latter half of Jon Toner's career which also coincided with around when FHM was coming out and I had recently stepped away from the LA Co-GM position.. The first 2/3's of Toner's career he had molded into LA's #1 d, winning a Stevens and receiving another Stevens nom. Towards the end of STHS and beginning of FHM LA was molding into a pretty strong team. It was tough to not be able to pull out a cup win with that team and then have things fall apart beginning with the Toner/Morgan trade to Edmonton. Then again in Edmonton my couple seasons there we had a really strong team. Especially my first season there where we were loaded having brought in myself, Morgan, Fujikawa and Bo Kane. Once again I thought we had a really great chance to finally land Toner a cup but once again we fell just short, losing to Hamilton in the conference finals in 7 games (who went on to win the Cup).

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

PROMPT 2

Honestly, there's been more than my fair share of L's in the SHL. Choybuk has been around for a long time, so to me, any time I lost a chance at the Challenge Cup was a stinger. When you are a veteran like myself and getting older, the games where you are not producing start piling up, and that's never a good thing to see. Sometimes it's very difficult to fight yourself as an aging player. This comes especially with the amount of chicken parms I have eaten throughout my career, because they start weighing you down with that loss of metabolism. While I do have a Challenge Cup to my name, I believe that this Calgary Dragons team of my era was capable of much better things. We could have won it all on many occasions, but I also truly believe that this new young core of my team can do even better.

[Image: 9d3oxij.png]// [Image: 8xyKeyf.png] [Image: SHLEmoteDragons.png]
[Image: RNCgTPl.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]
[Image: RIXCbNI.png]
[Image: aS7ARv6.png]