Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

okay lissen. one time i was play wit edmongton bizzard and coch put me on line 1 in preseasson and i scor many gols and then dooring seasson he put me on line 2 and i not hav as moch ice time so i not scor as moch so i ask coch put me line 1 he sey no so i sey coch put andrei line 1 and he sey no and i sey coch pleese put andre line 1 bot he sey no ontil seasson end. Then we start pleyoffs and i sey coch put me line 1 we wil win he say no and we win round 1 and i sey coch put andrei line 1 he sey no and we win round 2 and we start round 3 and i sey coch put andrei line 1 and he sey no and we loose 2 games very bad and i sey coch put andrei line 1 and he sey okey and he put andrei line 1 and we loose.

thank

[Image: cleanandrei.png]

WSBL PT
WSBL Username: Seymour

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

WSBL PT
WSBL Username: Seymour

[Image: geRnYPO.png][Image: 0S9kFQ6.png]
Shout out Ragnarr for these two amazing sigs

The most impactful L on my SHL career was probably the loss of the Tampa Bay Barracuda to the Calgary Dragons in the S50 Challenge Cup finals. That loss is arguably what sparked the rebuild for the Barracuda in a few seasons and it was one of the only windows we had. While I wasnt really on the team at the time, just a prospect, it was still incredibly impactful as it had a staunch effect on my career as Tampa went into a long rebuild that they have only really come out of recently, nearly a year and a half later. Another L that moreso just stung rather than was impactful was the loss of the St Louis Scarecrows to the Anaheim Outlaws in the Four Star Cup finals. It was my last season in the minors and I really wanted to win a cup with the Crows before I went up to the big team, but alas it wasn't in the cards, and then I was on the rebuilding Tampa.

Code:
172 words

[Image: rankle.gif]
[Image: 9rbVE0N.png]

Barracuda Chomp Chomp Water Dog Barracuda
Scarecrows Scarecrow Noises Scarecrows
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

After a very successful first year as the Anchorage Armada Co-GM which saw myself, Gabe Johnson, and the rest of the team get carried away to the 4 Star Cup finals and win the elusive championship. Which also happened to be the first one I won, and my last year in the juniors. We then saw 3 more losses while in the finals. It brutal to watch it all happen in real time. It was very humbling to have that happen as the person in charge of what was going on with the team and in the locker room. It helped me realize that winning is great and creating that environment is not easy and not something that should be taken for granted. I'm not sure I've quite recovered from being in 4 straight finals with only one win to show. It would have been great to get at least 2 cups in that run. However, we'll take what we can get and are happy no matter what.

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

PROMPT 2

I have a dream. A dream that one day future Czechs will sit around a camp fire with their aged grandfather as he tells them of a time when their nation, their national team, went through hardship after hardship. Stories will be told of the over forty seasons that the now surely six-time consecutive gold winners went before getting their first. The heartbreaks are innumerable at this point. From the loss of Mark Harter in the IIHF's first ever transfer after a player had already transferred, followed by the legendary S25 medal round, which saw the then Czechoslovaks defeat the Russians with lost Mark Harter, and a semi-final against the titan Canadians which went to a second overtime before being won, only for all to be lost to aging Latvians by one goal in the finals, to the success of the brother/sister IIHF expansion team Ireland, to S41 when the Czechs became the only team in the IIHF to be goldless, to the S50's which saw the must successful Czech roster of all time all while Japan won their first gold and Switzerland approaches the summit.

This dream fuels Petr. This is what makes Petr angy.

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

I took a lot of L's on the ice in my time as a player here that one is for sure. Especially in the first two seasons or so after being called up to Tampa Bay I was pretty bad since I was rather low on TPE and was not really producing any noteworthy performance in the sim, but that is not really what I want to talk about. I want to talk about the time I missed a whole week of training and Activity Check. It was last week. I was off to New Orleans on a work trip last week and I thought I would easily be able to do everything there but it turned out it was a very stressful week and on Saturday when I returned home I wanted to do all my league stuff. So I did all the Point Tasks etc I did not do yet but somehow was under the impression that I already did my activity check and my training. Today when I checked my update page I realized I did not do it. I also did not update which may be the first time I missed any tasks and also the first time I did not update which makes me feel very bad. Even worse than the L I took when I put my placeholder in for Mock Draft and overslept and missed to do my last-minute edits which was pretty bad too.

L <--- This L is for myself for being a bust.

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

I have a pretty low profile on the site and thus haven't really put myself out there to take any L's at a user level. My player has experienced some losses, namely the S55 4 Star Cup finals that saw Newfoundland take the series against my Maine Timber 4 games to 2 (and rightfully so). Just last IIHF tournament saw my player miss out on his first gold medal at that level.

I'd say my biggest L though would be being drafted so late in the S54 SHL entry draft. At the time I was still very green with simulation leagues and I thought based on my players performance in their rookie J season that I'd be picked at the latest by the 2nd round. Turned out a lot more went into these decisions and I wasn't selected until the 47th pick in the 3rd round. I actually watched the whole draft waiting for my name to be called and began to think it was never going to happen. In the end, I learned from my mistakes. If I wanted my player to be taken seriously I was going to have to put in more effort to earn TPE and find a way to make money. Now I am on pace to hit 2k TPE, have built up a substantial bank account, all while having a lot of fun with the league.

[Image: CrazyMojitoSHL.gif]
Canada Blizzard Stars Citadelles Citadelles Stars Blizzard Canada 
[Image: d9J5DHT.png][Image: 16PgOBm.png]

Prompt # 1

Written Task: Well, it never feels good to lose. The Hall-of-Famers(Superstars) took it to you and ran circles around you all game. Describe what happened, what went wrong, how your team feels about the loss and how you can come back to fight for a top seed in the playoff rounds. (150+ words)

What the “H, E, double hockey sticks”  Those old farts can really play this game.  They weren’t particularly fast, but their passes were a thing to behold.  They were consistently able to find the open man and generate high value scoring opportunities.  We tried to run and gun up and down the ice.  Trying to take advantage of the slow skaters.  Those guys just pushed us to the outside, giving up only low percentage peripheral shots.The Hall-of-Famers goalie wasn’t particularly agile or acrobatic, but he was always in the right position to get square to the shooter.  He had his angles figured out perfectly.

Yup, we were outclassed in every aspect of the game.  So, what were the takeaways.  Well, it was pretty obvious that these guys could think hockey.  Although, physically we could outpl;ay them. They just made better decisions with and without the puck.  Granted a lot of this comes with experience, but we should be able to learn from this and apply better decisions to what we do with and without the puck.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

WSBL affiliate (negs)

[Image: Bjorn_Bjorn_Sig.png]
[Image: bjornswedengif.gif]

PT Pass

[Image: AgentSmith630.gif]
Thanks to @sulovilen, @the5urreal, and @sve7en for the sigs!

Prompt 1:
We got absolutely crushed.  Seteki was in net and allow a staggering 11 goals to our 2.  We just got dumped on, Detroit style.  It made no sense and yet we are here, left picking up the pieces.  The next day, the team meets for film study and we pried through every play looking at all the mistakes made.  From the bad lines, to horrid passes, to meaningless blocks.  Our defense just couldn't figure out their lefts from rights and allowed a good 80 shots on goal.  All that being said allowing 11 in 80 shots is still a 0.862 save percentage.  Not great but decent enough.  There were some bright spots, we scored two goals and managed to lead the game in hits.  It doesn't help that our defensemen decided to make big hits in the offensive zone to stage a breakaway for the opposing team... six times.  But, you live and you learn.  On to the next one and hopefully we play for real this time.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

WSBL PT

[Image: 66818_s.gif]