Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

PBE Affiliation

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS

PROMPT 1

They were old indeed, but whatever speed they had lost to old age did not show in the game. The HOF players were dominant. They seemed to be in the right place all the time. All the passes were accurate and fast. They knew when to slow the game down. They knew when to put pressure on the puck carrier and when to back down. It's a beautiful thing to watch but not so to play against. We had real trouble even getting over the neutral zone in the first period. The HOF team trapped the neutral zone, we did not have enough speed to push through. The dump-ins did not work either as the HOF players were able to get away from the pressure due to their perfect positioning and crisp passing. After the first period, they were leading 2-0.

The HOF team opened things up for the second, instead of trapping they came at us. We got surprised by their aggressive change of game plan. We did not get out of the zone easily anymore. We had to take penalties due to turnovers. End of the second the HOF team was up 4-0. In the third HOF team choked the game out, they returned to neutral zone trap. They let us hold the puck more. We had a few decent looks at their goal, but it's difficult to keep going when you are down 4-0 and the main gameplan is to just dump the puck.

HOF won 4-0. Tactically they were superior. They had more patience than we did. They were more than comfortable waiting for our mistakes. They killed the game in the second period by being aggressive. It was not an even game.

Prompt #2 easily.

The only loss I guess that I am still mildly annoyed by was that Edmonton Blizzard vs Hamilton Steelhawks final but we were very clearly not favs to win that so not really much I can get upset about. The engine hates letting high TPE teams lose in the playoffs so it is not really much to say about it. I guess I could say the losses in the IIHF finals but tbh I think only 2 seasons we have failed to medal in the past 10 seasons with 3 golds so not really much I can complain about there.

I think just the current state of where I find myself with Jon 41 is more of a feeling L for this even though the BAP team is doing pretty well. Just frustrating to see more than anything. but I guess what is done is done. Just have to ride it out for as long as I can at this point. Feels bad.

[166 words]

Raptors Proud S67 - S69 Colorado Raptors Captain  Raptors
Uk S57 Forward of the Season Award winner  Uk

Blizzard Now Isaac Forty-One Switzerland

[Image: 41-2.png?ex=65d9e0d0&is=65c76bd0&hm=ada7...1aae5535a&]

This was a humbling experience for the SHL superstars. We all knew that the Hall of Famers would be a tough matchup but we all collectively thought that they would be a little past their prime and we could lean on our talent to get us by in this one. Call it the hubris of being labelled "superstars." Harry Carpet for one stood on his head in this one. He allowed just one goal on 43 shots. FOURTY THREE. To be fair, we didn't generate a lot of scoring chances and threw a lot of rubber right into the crest of his jersey. I had 5 shots myself and only one of them was quality. Carp just had my number and it's not unexpected because that's how practice usually goes for me too. The final score was 7-1 and we get to move on to our next matchup with our tail between our legs.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

I haven’t been around the site for too long, so not many losses to speak about, but so far the most heart wrenching one was our playoff series loss against Vancouver in the conference finals last season. While they were favored and ended up winning the 4 star cup, all the games were so close. We kept the game tied, up1 or down 1 all the way into the 3rd, and then collapsed. We did manage to snatch a win away from them, so that felt great.

This season I hope we can return the favor, and hopefully we can kick them out of the playoffs this time. Since I have only a year or two left in the J, I want to make the best out of it and exorcise all my rivalry demons. As long as we make a deep run into the playoffs, I will be very happy with our results… but beating Vancouver would be a cherry on top.

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Prompt 1:

I think the superstars just got too big for their britches. I don't think anyone REALLY knew what to expect coming in to this tournament, but with a name like superstars you have to think you're a favourite. Of course the hall of famers sound good too, but as we all expected they're... well... old. We were played tight by everyone all tournament but we were always clearly the better team. This time around it was different.

Maybe the simulation gave them their old powers back? I shudder to think what other entities would be capable of returning them to the form they're in, but regardless of the means used they are back and they are in fighting shape. They have the experience and knowledge of hall of famers but the bodies of young guns. We weren't ready for it, and they came blasting out of the gate. We went down 3-0 in the first and just couldn't catch up. Once we knew what we were up against things started to even out, but their lead was too much and their skills too good. We ended up losing 5-1.

Given that we lost the last two periods by a score of 2-1, I think we could have a chance if we come prepared next time. If they don't catch us by surprise, it'll be a real war.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Prompt 1: I have to be honest with you guys, we came into that game cocky. Sure, they're the Hall of Famers, they have all the experience and the accolades but we were like, "These guys are OLD and here we are in our primes!" So maybe we slacked off a little bit during practice, spent more time hanging out and playing video games together than actually working on our skills and team chemistry and all of that. Maybe Henrik spent a lot of time showing us pictures of his new puppy and we all thought that was really adorable and we wanted to see more. I'm not going to try to make any excuses for us. It's just clear that maybe those guys are in the Hall of Fame for a reason and perhaps they still think they have something to prove, that the old guys still have it. And it seems the old guys still do have it. It's frustrating, though, because we truly do have the talent and experience to destroy any team in this weird little league. My guess is this is going to be the thing that gets our heads back in the game and we'll be the dominant force we know that we can be.

[Image: traphag2.gif]
(sigs courtesy of Carpy48, BDonini, Turd Ferguson, FlappyGiraffe, and Sulovilen)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: TNUT2f6.png]
[Image: rL8frIL.png]
[Image: jOCBbVg.gif]
[Image: 6Hefllo.gif]

Prompt 2

So far, Dirty Boots' career on the site has been short. Boots has only completed one full season and is now in his sophomore season still playing in the SMJHL with the Detroit Falcons. After what might have been considered a fairly successful rookie season, Boots came into his second season expecting a jump in points after improving during the offseason but so far that has not been the case. Detroit lots a big player in Ty Murphy who lead the team in scoring last season. With the loss of Murphy, the scoring depth of  the Flacons has dropped a bit and nobody is scoring on Boots' passes. That will of course change once the team improves which they have started to show midway through the season as the rookies are starting to show up on the scoresheet more often. So to sum things up, the biggest L that Boots has taken is owning up to a sophomore slump and not keeping the same pace as last season. And so far, The Falcons indeed have many Ls.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

Prompt 2

The IIHF is the cause of a tremendous amount of sadness and disappointment for me and really the entire nation of Sweden. Since I've joined the league, Sweden has had one of the top teams in the world but they've fallen short each and every time of winning the whole thing. We always manage to do well in the group stages but once we get to the elimination bracket the wheels start to come off. I am not yet the starting goaltender for the team, but I still am trying to put together great performances when I can. The good news is that the talent in Sweden isn't going anywhere, and we should be able to continue to compete at the highest levels for several seasons more. Hopefully, one of these days we'll finally be able to string enough wins in the elimination stages to bring home the championship. And then I can forget about these other, awful losses.

159 words

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

wsbl

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

The loss that still stings and will haunt Calvin Hobbes for his entire career is the playoff finals in his first season wiht the Maine Timbers against the Newfoundland Berserkers. While it must be said the Berserkers were the favourites and had dominated much of the season, the Timbers had a great run, being the underdog in each series up to the final and most of the time coming from behind in the series. The first game was a tight contention we lost 4-3 with a late goal if I recall correctly. Following that, both teams traded blows and after 4 games, we had a tired series at 2-2. Great position for the Timbers with our previous series and Leo Bloomfield was playing amazinly and Will "The Wall" Windsor was acting as a second goalie blocking countless shots to the frustration of the opponents. When we lost that game 5, 3-2, again with a late goal, it felt like the gas ran out and the team couldn't bounce back like we had before.
While we had other opportunities for the title and a great team for the following 2 seasons, Newfoundland had become a barrier we just couldn't force after that series...

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

I mean losing is a part of sim sports and life. I think the lost that’s hit me the hardest so far was NL’s loss in the semifinals to KEL in S59. Ignoring all of the Kelowna’s whole team is IA memes, it was tough going into a series knowing what was coming. In S58 we lost in the semifinals to Anchorage which wasn’t as bad for me as I was a rookie with really no expectations of anything. In S59 I was a 2nd year and ended up getting bumped down to the 4th line playing 7 minutes a game as a 4th liner. I got saltier than I probably should have since it was all in an effort to try and win the series, but it was all for naught. At least the rest of the J meme’d on KEL for us but that series is so far the biggest L I’ve taken in the league.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Prompt #1

Well, coming into this game, we were convinced that if anyone stood a chance to finally break the Hall of Famers perfect record, it was us Superstars, with a batch of future Hall of Famers amongst our ranks. We were utterly wrong, as we got completely destroyed by the legends who gave us a masterclass of how to play hockey. No one on our team looked like they were in their place, it was humiliating. JURT kept chasing people and was never able to take the puck away once. Reid Sutherland kept passing to the opponents, Ryujii Minamino's dekes looked like he had both his hands numb, Sven Svenson couldn't shoot for shit. On the defense, Ruggs McOooh kept getting passed like a pee-wee, Juuka Timonen's shots kept hitting his teammates and Emilia Bergman didn't get passed around like McOooh but only because she kept taking penalties. Doyle was swiss cheese in goal and Jobin was worse when he came into the game.

L

[Image: lespoils.gif]

PROMPT 1-

My team got ultra dunked on by the old fart. We were too young, too cocky, too inexperienced. That loss will haunt us forever as we all boasted on social media we would decimate the old farts. During the game, they played solid positional hockey, and baited us to over commit before passing to their open teamate. Ouch. We young guns tried to setup breakaways and odd man rushed but we were easily countered by the older players as they had seen it all. Our speed was useless against them as they didn't seem to regress at all over the years, they were still able to match our speed. The fans were booing the young studs because we claimed on twitter we would put up the show of the century. Guess it was the show of the century but only for the dinosaurs on the ice. Maybe I am too hard on us as we still are learning from this experience, but the rest of the tournament won't be easier.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]