Create Account

S62 PT #3- Hold this L

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Prompt 1

With Rikard’s role as a defensive forward, staring across the ice against all of the legends that he grew up idolizing was a daunting task. These were the players Hammarberg grew up idolizing and that showed in Hammarberg’s play. He was unable to keep any of the Hall of Famers in check as they rolled back the years and danced around the Superstars team. Every single line on the Hall of Famers team had lethal goal scoring potential and kept the Superstars hemmed inside their own zone for significant portions of the game. It was near impossible for the Superstars to get in lanes against the crisp passing, nor were they able to knock the Hall of Famers off the puck with physical play. While Hammarberg’s team was able to keep it relatively close, it was just delaying the inevitable as the Hall of Famers were able to hand the Superstars a 6-3 loss, proving that age is only a number and skill lasts forever. The Superstars took it as a learning opportunity, and the coaching staff immediately went to drawing up plans to counter the dominant play from the Hall of Famers.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]

WSBL Affiliate

I'll write about the Prompt 2. The first thing that comes to mind for me is the S57 SJMHL Anaheim Outlaws season. We had an average season, but we knew that we had a competitive team and that our team was better than what we did in the regular season. We then reached the finals against the Anchorage Armada and we had a lot of momentum, but then we ended up losing in five games. It was quite early in my career and I genuinely thought we had a chance. It's the closest I've ever been to a SHL or SMJHL trophy, so that loss still hurts. We all know what happened in Anaheim afterwards so our success was short-lived. Another loss that stinks is the S61 sweep of the Edmonton Blizzard by the Texas Renegades. We had a bit of a Cinderella run and we had a lot of momentum going into the Western Conference Finals, but it wasn't meant to be. My career is realatively young, so I don't have a lot of bad losses, but I'm sure there are more to come.

[Image: eMf7wNV.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 12:38 AM by ProjectSaint.)

PBE Affiliate

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

PBE Affiliate

PBE link - user is itztimg

PBE PT
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 01:04 AM by Kylrad.)

Prompt 1

somehow team hall of famer with members who probably haven't even played competitive hockey in ages yet alone in this new fhm non sths system took out us grizzled vets with also many future hall of famers. I guess that Adam Kylrad guy is just too good taking out Daniel Smeb and his teammates, regardless the vets will learn from this loss and bounce back for an easy top seed as the other teams aren't nearly as good and we were sandbagging for playoffs. With our intense knowledge as vets of both sths and fhm shl eras being likely the main team to play in both, we will be ready for anything and get revenge on the hall of famers in the rematch. Maybe Parker Smeb will also show up for this game and not be out played by our 80 year old father Chico Salmon, no wonder he's always so disappointed in us

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Prompt 2

HLO has been in the finals twice in his career, once in the SMJHL and once in the SHL. Those are probably the two biggest losses of his hockey career so far. Losing is never easy but losing when you have come so far makes it even tougher. His loss in the SHL isnt quite as bad though, as he was called up specifically for the finals as a black ace. The SMJHL loss hit a little harder. Having played with that same core group for a couple of seasons in Colorado and losing was tough. Its taught him to always focus on the way, dont get too caught up in momentum and success. Remember the process, take things one game at a time and stay true to who you are as a player. All those things are really important if you want to succeed under pressure. And dont take things personally.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

My first two seasons on the kraken ended without us reaching the finals. Not because our team was bad but because the stupid playoff structure with FHM expansion. We lost the the eventual champions so the argument could be made we still wouldn't have a championship but the series were the true finals, going 7 games. Another loss would be every first round that I've been apart of the Panthers for. Super disappointing to maybe not have championship hopes but higher expectations and fall short for four seasons. I wish that there was a different result but the team is coming up so hopefully these first round losses will stop. I believe I have one or two losses in the iihf finals with great Britain but that has been mitigated by the recent gold medal victory. I really hope that the Panthers can eventually get over the hump and start celebrating victories over defeats in the first round of the playoffs

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 01:20 AM by EsAmYk.)

Prompt #2:

I came into this league knowing I was going to have to deal with more wins than losses.  Starting out on a Nevada team looking to rebuild my first year. There were lots of new players on the team and we knew goals were gonna be easy… for the other team, and harder for us, or so we thought. We had an amazing goalie who stopped 60-80 shots every game. Even though he still let in 3-5 a game, it helped me play better on the ice. My next season ended up in similar fashion. Starting off on a brand new team in the Regina Elk. I knew I was going to go through another rebuild year, but this time, surprisingly on another team. As one of the veterans on the team, I was hoping to be a role model for those just coming in. Well, before the season started, I ended up being chosen as an Assistant Captain. This made me want to be a role model for everyone, no matter the outcome of any games nor whether we were on or off the ice. Now here I am in my 3rd season, and chosen once again as one of the assistant captains. Even though it’ll be my last year in the J, it still will not deter me from being as good a role model as I can.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

11-29-2021, 01:18 AMEsAmYk Wrote: Prompt #2:

I came into this league knowing I was going to have to deal with more wins than losses.  Starting out on a Nevada team looking to rebuild my first year. There were lots of new players on the team and we knew goals were gonna be easy… for the other team, and harder for us, or so we thought. We had an amazing goalie who stopped 60-80 shots every game. Even though he still let in 3-5 a game, it helped me play better on the ice. My next season ended up in similar fashion. Starting off on a brand new team in the Regina Elk. I knew I was going to go through another rebuild year, but this time, surprisingly on another team. As one of the veterans on the team, I was hoping to be a role model for those just coming in. Well, before the season started, I ended up being chosen as an Assistant Captain. This made me want to be a role model for everyone, no matter the outcome of any games nor whether we were on or off the ice. Now here I am in my 3rd season, and chosen once again as one of the assistant captains. Even though it’ll be my last year in the J, it still will not deter me from being as good a role model as I can.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]

This is one of those times where I like both prompts but I don't think I could do either of them justice. So I decided to go with prompt "B". There are two instances that stand out where I had to "Take the L". One was when I got cut by Edmonton right at the end of my last season with my first player. They were doing so well, I was having a career season. I thought okay maybe I made a mistake by ending Vandy too soon. Then I got cut. I thought maybe someone would pick me up, there was talk to that effect. But no one did, bummed me out. The second was being traded from Buf to Winnipeg. It was for my benefit but I hated it, I felt like I was leaving behind my family and friends to go play for some folks I barely knew. But it ended up okay as I ended up back on Buffalo. No offense to the Jets/Aurora, but it was just not a great time for me.

Prompt 2:

The biggest L I’ve taken was when Buffalo selected Conor McGregor 1st Overall in the Season 40 Draft. It was a failure that was masked by the GOD McZehrl pick in the 3rd as we were still able to leave the draft with a top 5 player. From an unbiased perspective, Conor McGregor was a top prospect in the class. He was one of several though and none of them quite stood out to me at the time as being the clear cut top prospect, all things considered. That lack of separation allowed me to get sold on a triumphant return of WiC, the first player drafted in Buffalo’s history. Inactivity derailed McGregor’s career in the same way that it has derailed Robb Wind’s. McGregor played out a decent career as a 3rd line center, being traded from Buffalo to Minnesota in a trade deadline deal in Season 47. It’s easy to wonder how things would have played out if the pick were Otis B. Driftwood or Manuel Gotze instead.

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]