Create Account

Sconnie McHits Midseason Presser - Ready for Grading!
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 05:42 PM by G2019.)

Ask away! Questions can be about the Anaheim Outlaws, Seattle Argonauts, WJC/IIHF, the league as a whole, other users, myself as a user, etc. Thanks in advance!

From R1c3bowl22:
1. What are your thoughts on this season's Outlaws team compared to last season?
You know, despite coming back down to earth recently, we are playing much more solid and competitive hockey. When we lose, many of our losses are by a single goal, so that's encouraging to see. Obviously, we are still a ways away from where we want to eventually be, but I'm really enjoying the process. It's fun that we all get hyped off of the wins and great performances from our teammates...truly a great locker room culture for a building team. Last season was great in the LR as well, but with some fantastic new additions, more wins, and more stats, this season is even more fun!

2. What would you like to see from yourself and the team this season, and next season if you'd like to talk about that.
For the team, I definitely want to see us hover as close to that .500 mark as we can and make the playoffs. Last season, we made the playoffs by default, but this season we are in a four team division, so we'll have to earn it by finishing third or better. Additionally, it would be great to see some of my awesome teammates really breakout and get more league-wide recognition. Personally, I want to keep scoring. I altered my build to help with the scoring load this season, and while I have 10 goals so far, I've hit a bit of a cold streak, so I'm hoping I can pick it up and put together some big games.

Next season will be the first season that I think we have a chance to be scary. Our core group from the rebuild (S62) will be mainly 425 capped, and a lot of our S63s will be 350 capped, so I think we'll have a chance to compete for our division! I have big personal goals of being top 10 in the league in points next season, as well.

3. What's your favourite off-SHL thing to do in your free time?
Definitely hang out with my kids. I have a 1 year old and a 2 year old, so our house is pretty chaotic, but a ton of fun, too!

4. What's your least favourite part of SHL?
This is an interesting question, as I really like how the SHL is run for the most part. I'm going to have to go with the free agent/waiver process at the SMJHL level. I think I'd like to see a more traditional waiver order system so teams had an equal shot at players. (Yes, I realize that my team just signed my wife's player, and I love that I get to be on her team, but ultimately I think the system should change).

From RashfordU:
1) who is the best defenseman in S62 draft class and why is it Mikko Rashford?

That's a really funny way to spell Borje Samuelsson Wink

2) if you were SHL GMs, how would you have selected #1-5
Wow, what a question. You're really trying to get me killed in S62 server, aren't you? Alright, I'll give it a go:
#1 (Manhattan Rage): mer-Aksel Fiske (Great user in the LR, great player, slam dunk)
#2 (Winnipeg Aurora): RashfordU-Mikko Rashford (Super active, management potential, great scout, very good build)
#3 (Seattle Argonauts): mook-Eddie Creller (nothing but love for Mook, fantastic LR presence, great help with builds, strategy, etc., proven user)
#4 (Winnipeg Aurora): James Truong-Ben Jammin (Very active, super fun in chat, established user, great player, high earner)
#5 (Winnipeg Aurora): redderder15-Jeff Larson (LR active, fun demeanor, great production)
*Disclaimer: This was done on the fly by looking at the TPE tracker and combining my own interactions with users. Please don't be offended if you aren't listed here (heck, I removed myself from 3oa lol)*

3) what S62 goalie would make the best winger?
These are the questions we need! A statistical deep dive shows the answer is likely Hugh Jass (9 Passing and 10 Skating!)

4) how long before we see a goal from McHits assisted by Rashford?
This coming WJC, baby! I'm excited to make my official transfer from Unassigned to Winland! Let's get it!

From mer:
1) Do you have any McHits lore? What do you want his career to look like in the SHL?

No McHits lore yet...I'm not a user who gets too caught up in developing a backstory for my player...mad props to those who do, though! I want to be a multi-dimensional forward who puts up good numbers and also does the job on the defensive end when needed.

2) How's the first season as captain going? Feeling any extra pressure/responsibility?
This is actually my second season as Anaheim captain, so it's business as usual. I tried to hand my 'C' over to Mook twice, but to no avail...haha. All kidding aside, it's an honor to be voted captain and I just do what I do; try to get my teammates pumped for the games and their performances to make sure others can have as much fun in with the league as I do.

3) S62 showdown. What do the teams look like and who emerges victorious?
This is a great question! Let's say:

Team 1
Paul Koivu  Stephen Gill  Yannick Svoboda

Dirty Boots  Mikko Rashford

Brick Wall

Team 2
Sconnie McHits  Jaeger Jones  Aksel Fiske

Ben Jammin  Jay O'Neil

Rebecca Montagne

Team 2 wins 4-3 in OT. Fiske game-winner Smile

From NotoriousTig:
Between reid and I, who is your favourite GM?
We'll go with Tig for now, as you have the funnier one-liners in chat at the moment.

From bdu754:
hey how do u get the beeg yoshi?
You combine a million smol yoshis.

From lespoils:
What's the best IIHF country?
I'm not sure why you'd ask a rhetorical question here, but it's obviously WINLAND!

From jay:
Why is Colorado better than Anaheim?
Better at what? Having a more stacked roster? Just wait until next season and the season after  Laughing

From grok:
which current argonauts skater are you most excited to play with when you're called up?
I've gotta go with my Norfolk brother Daud Ramza (Blasoon)!

Code:
1179 Words

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

1. What are your thoughts on this season's Outlaws team compared to last season?

2. What would you like to see from yourself and the team this season, and next season if you'd like to talk about that.

3. What's your favourite off-SHL thing to do in your free time?

4. What's your least favourite part of SHL?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

1) who is the best defenseman in S62 draft class and why is it Mikko Rashford?

2) if you were SHL GMs, how would you have selected #1-5

3) what S62 goalie would make the best winger?

4) how long before we see a goal from McHits assisted by Rashford?

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/889201044154904606/1150524829653536909/mikko.png?ex=65bff03f&is=65ad7b3f&hm=7f3229285f883239ca6017785e905ed3ff0a8b42b94f57638f43c11a5e635414&[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/4028.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5431.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5570.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7241.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/5906.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/6149.png[/img][img=0x0]https://simulationhockey.com/tradingcards/7950.png[/img]

1) Do you have any McHits lore? What do you want his career to look like in the SHL?

2) How's the first season as captain going? Feeling any extra pressure/responsibility?

3) S62 showdown. What do the teams look like and who emerges victorious?

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Between @reid and I, who is your favourite GM?

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]

hey how do u get the beeg yoshi?

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

What's the best IIHF country?

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Why is Colorado better than Anaheim?

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

which current argonauts skater are you most excited to play with when you're called up?