Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2021, 04:12 AM by Mutedfaith.)

At this point in the season, you should be starting to get into the groove with your teammates. But it's not all about the chemistry when you're on the ice - it's the tunes you listen to in the locker room before you get out there that really help you bond.

Written Task: List 5 songs that are on your team's pre-game playlist, and tell us why they're played (150 word min.)
Graphic Task: Design the album cover for a CD-version of your team's pre-game playlist. Has to include at least the team name and logo.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S62 SMJHL Rookies (S63 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.
Deadline: Sunday, November 28th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

1. Metallica - Enter Sandman
2. Kernkraft 400 - Zombie Nation
3. Trapt - Headstrong
4. Van Halen - Jump
5. Europe - Final Countdown

The Outlaws at home are one of the toughest to play. The Atmosphere is all hype, all the time. From the moment you enter the arena to the drop of the puck the pre-game audio gets you hyped for a Outlaw win. The first being Enter Sandman by Metallica. If you have not seen what this song does to a crowd, look up Virginia Tech entrance song, you are welcome. Second, is Zombie Nation by Kernkraft. If "oh, oh, oh' wasn't the most spoken phrase before pre game it will be after! At about the half way point in pre-game we all know you need to keep the peak level of focus and what song does that better than Headstrong by Trapt. What pre-game would be complete without the popular Jump by Van Halen. You just hear the song and everyone follows he instructions JUMP! The moment before puck drop when everyone is pumped for some hockey you have to hear Final Countdown by Europe. The time is right and its time for some HOCKEY!! GO OUTLAWS

(201 Words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

1. Welcome to the Jungle 
 2. This is Halloween  
 3. Through the Fire and Flames
 4. Master of Puppets
 5. All Nightmare Long 

As you can see there are a couple of horror based songs on there. They take the moniker of Scarecrows seriously, and This is Halloween and All Nightmare Long helps them get extremely hyped to be a Crow. Master of Puppets is mostly used for the heavy rifts that a few of them can do air guitar to. Welcome to the Jungle is mostly used for away games to get them ready to face both the home team and the hostile home crowd. Through the Fire and Flames is just hype in general, and it is an extremely long song that they can get ready by putting on their uniforms too. The same could be said about All Nightmare Long as well.

Rolf Korhonen usually doesn't mind the heavy metal music himself but will occasionally put some folk music on his phone to do some personal hyping up.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 08:43 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

Wrong thread, my bad

Ivan's music taste is centered around 90's Hip Hop and his warm up playlist has been pretty consistent throughout the years, though he has had to cut it down to 5 songs as the team has gotten a bit tired of the 40 song playlist Ivan initially proposed.

1. Regulate
2. Mama Said Knock You Out
3. If I Ruled The World
4. Hip Hop Hooray
5. Baby Got Back

Initially there was some resistance by the team to this as hype music, but as the team has begun to gel we have seen many of the players pick up on the songs and it is now a regular thing. The first iteration of this playlist had a number of other artists but these 5 seem to have stuck through. A few players have attempted to squeeze in some 2000's hip hop in there, but Ivan has a keen ear and quickly dismisses those have fall after the turn of the new millennium in favor of the 1990's classics

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Our playlist is very diverse with Ivan insisting on almost always playing 90s hiphop. But I try to mix things up a bit with some headbangin' metal!

Ghost Division - Sabaton
Sonne - Rammstein
Welcome to the jungle - Guns N' roses
Primo Victoria - Sabaton
Paranoid - Black Sabbath

I want to get a energized feeling in the locker room so I figured starting with a fast song like Ghost Division can get us pumped up for the game. I also chose to put in some older classics because... Who doesnt jam to Black Sabbath? Also Jumping to the tune of Primo Victoria is a great way to get closer togheter in the locker room. We form a mosh pit and just dance to get that energy. People seem to love it. Even Ivan who is so fixated with his 90s hip hop classics! We probably have the best pre game playlist in the league.

My time has come. Anyone who has spent a season in a locker room with me knows that playlists are my thing, and I have made a lot of them. I actually already have made a playlist for the Nevada Battleborn this season, and here are some songs that are on it.

Houndmouth - Las Vegas
Our team is located in Las Vegas and this song has some awesome gameday vibes "WE CAME HERE TO WIN WE DIDN'T COME FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT" so it made the playlist just about as soon as it came out.

The Moth & The Flame - Young & Unafraid
This is just a motivational song for all of us who have been waiting for this team to get grownup enough to hold our own in the league, which we are doing now.

Young Rising Suns - Turnin'
More big "here we are we are all grown up and ready to cause trouble" vibes here.

Billie Eilish - you should see me in a crown
We have a lot of Billie Eilish on this playlist, she makes us feel very powerful.

Bastille - Give Me The Future
We have been looking forward to this season for a long time, and here it is, now we are ready to win some games, let's go.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

The Kelowna knights playlist normally gets done by request, These are the ones that keep coming up.

Thunderstruck ( AC/DC ) Let's face it, It's a classic that almost every hockey team in the world has as a part of their playlist. Chris McZehrl Jr. goes absolutely nuts when this comes on.

Light ‘em up ( Fall out boy ) This one is a shared request by a few guys, Scott Thorn and Ignaz Pleyel get motivated to bury the puck and so far this season it seems to be working. Sean Stevenson III get inspired to “ light people up” with hits.

Hero ( Skillet ) Requested by Petr Svoboda, Tim Riggins and Sebastian Weiss. They get motivated to come through and play the role of Hero, all have 2 or more game winning goals…. So maybe there is something there.

Lose yourself ( Eminem ) Normally played just before the team hits the ice. Just something that gets us in a groove and relaxed before we go out and play.

Game of thrones Theme song. Gets the boys having fun and given that the team is called the knights… I just has to be on the list.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

I wouldn't say we have one but if we did it would be in this order.

1. Victorious- Skillet 
2. Smells like team spirit- nirvana 
3. Footsteps- Pop evil 
4. Enter Sandman- Metallica 
5. We are the champions-  Queen 

I feel that these five songs show the one how to win and be victorious. Two it has a sports vibe about the songs as you listen they are played in all kinds of sports around all leagues. Third I feel that these songs help pump you up before a workout or a game. Fourth I find that these songs also have a very good message to go along so you also learn about things as you are listening. Fifth you need a nice steady unique beat that you have heard anywhere else. I feel that these five songs are awesome not only sports songs but something that can inspire you and help yall through tough times. And yes these are mostly rock Pop kind of vibe my favorite bands over the years have been that kind of genre. I feel that this was a great way as well to gel with teammates either at the gym or after or halftime during a game helps pump me up full of energy and ready to take on anything.

217 words

1. Skating Away - Jethro Tull
2. Beautiful Day - U2
3. Where the Streets Have No Name - U2 (Live from Boston - Elevation Tour)
4. The Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin
5. Sirius - Alan Parsons Project

This list begins as a personal play list for what inspires me, and then possibly morphs into something that could be used by the arena.

Skating Away is just a playful happy song with a theme of being on thin ice. There isn't much more to read into it than to put a smile on your face as you get the pads on and get dressed.

The next two songs, by the most thinly disguised Christian rock group in the world, are there to remind me of the answer to the question that Herb Brooks posed in the Miracle on Ice movie: "Who do you play for"

Beautiful Day starts slow and becomes an uplifting song. Maybe we are on the road. Maybe it isn't all going perfectly. But I can "see the bird with the leaf in her mouth...After the flood all the colors came out". Whatever is happening, we can pick up the pieces and move forward from there.

Where The Streets Have no Name was written about being in a place where you could not tell a person's status by the street they live on or their address. Like a lot of U2 songs, people have interpreted it to have a double meaning as a song about heaven The Boston performance begins with Bono calling out "What can I give back to God, for the blessings you have poured out on me?"  This is a reminder of who I play for.

The Immigrant Song is an over the top almost metal song about conquering hoards that "come from the land of ice and snow".

Sirius was used by the Chicago Bulls and is great for player introductions.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica
(This post was last modified: 11-23-2021, 01:14 PM by Vik.)

Wanted Dead or Alive – Bon Jovi
https://open.spotify.com/track/0oerlffJS...c3a2364703

In true Outlaws style the first song on our pre-game playlist every night is Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi.  It’s a classic tale of an outlaw who is being chased down by the regime that has given it’s harbingers of doom permission to use lethal force.  It rejuvenates the mind, body, and soul of an outlaw to think about being wanted by anybody, so this is a must play before every game.

Rusty Cage – Johnny Cash
https://open.spotify.com/track/4VNvzf9nH...f42cbe429e

Rusty Cage by Johnny Cash is the second song we play every game.  It is a historical jam that depicts a prisoner of the totalitarian system breaking through a metaphorical and possibly literal “rusty cage” to escape a suppressive system.  This is a must for every hockey player as they have to break through the confines and restrictions of the league to come out victorious as champions.

Land Back – The Halluci Nation
https://open.spotify.com/track/1cLqn1Twv...14913a429e

The third song on our pregame playlist is an EDM track from the indigenous DJ duo The Halluci Nation.  We here in Anaheim are aware of the harm prior Outlaws have done and we take that very seriously.  We always try to make our playlists as inclusive as possible in a menial gesture towards the indigenous community.  This song is a team favorite for a pregame hype session.

OK OK – Kanye West
https://open.spotify.com/track/5LuXsO34x...a1d7c14c6c

The fourth song on our pregame playlist is OK OK by Kanye West off of Donda, his latest album.  OK OK tells the story of a young visionary becoming wrapped up in his greatness and being copied by generations to come.  We don’t really have a hockey reason for this one, it’s just a slapping track and the only thing that makes our playlist released in the past year.

Bubblegum Bitch – Marina
https://open.spotify.com/track/6IbnUaczZ...bd098140a0

Our final and arguably, the most surprising track that makes our pregame playlist is Bubblegum Bitch by Marina off of her Electra Heart album.  This song was requested by Eddie Creller 437 times before we added it to our playlist but it has since become a team hit and the team has changed it’s post game team mvp celebration from handing out a bandana (classic outlaw garment of clothing used to cover the mouth and nose) to the Bubblegum Bitch Tiara of the night.

Need a sig :-/

PBE Affiliate PT
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2021, 01:31 AM by Thelastheraclid.)

In Regina, we need every bit of energy going into a game to have a chance at victory. That means there are absolutely nothing but bangers on the pre-game playlist.

1. Catamaran by Bear Vs. Shark
https://open.spotify.com/track/0IVIVBL6r...a4cb9e4493
This song starts off with some quick guitar strums followed by an immediate jump into pretty chaotic energy. Exactly what we need for the coming game.

2. Four to Six by Math The Band
https://open.spotify.com/track/4dZVb7x8L...a419be4c54
We need to keep the energy up but maybe pull back on the aggressiveness of the last jam. To ease the nerves but keep the blood pumping we have some slick synth driven tunage.

3. Oh Yeah! Please Hug Me Tight by 초록불꽃소년단
https://open.spotify.com/track/0LBvSaJoA...90ddda4ea9
A song from my home country. This song rips right from the beginning. Another high energy song with a bit more of a bite than the previous song. This is part of the lead up to game ready attitude.

4. Trapped Under Ice by Metallica
https://open.spotify.com/track/3lVAAVOkf...7ed9e245ae
An absolute classic. I grew up hearing my dad listening to this while training in the offseason. The driving guitars and relentless drums will help to get our legs going as soon as the puck drops.

5. Panasonic Youth by The Dillinger Escape Plan
https://open.spotify.com/track/7zhRpQXt7...7d744a44d6
It’s time to mean business. We need that killer edge mindset before stepping on the ice. This song is absolutely brutal. Time to bash some heads.

228 words

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

This is an interesting point task to me as I listen to a vast variety of music, but unfortunately have not had as much time to get in line with the team's tune due to outside reasons. That said I will do my best to come up with a handful of songs that I think fit getting into the spirit of competition.

1. Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen
Arguably the best song of all time and includes mention of murder. What more could you want for a hockey song?

2. Sandstorm by Darude
The only song I can think of to challenge Bohemian Rhapsody for the throne, and an instrumental with more energy to continue to build the team up.

3. Adrenaline by 12 Stones
One of the higher energy songs that I have on my handy list and with a lyrical attachment to get one in the mood to play.

4. Determined by Mudvayne
Of all the many songs that I have listened to this one stands out as one of the most motivational.

5. Hockey Z-9 by Hockey Hooligans (AKA Robbie Wyckoff)
The only hockey themed song that I know and a great one to listen to just before the big game.

A decent variety of songs to cover taste preferences, but all geared towards getting one motivated to go out there and play the game. Thank you!

Code:
Word Count: 229