Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT #4 - Pre-game playlist

Limp Bizkit - Rolling: If you have to ask then you really don't know but this song is the ultimate pump up tune. As shown in NHL Hitz 2002, it is the penultimate hockey banger.
Dragula - Rob Zombie: This song will get you ready to burn through the witches, dig through the ditches and slam the puck in the net to start winning games like a real first place team.
Snow - Red Hot Chili Peppers: Just a good song, easy to sing along too and even SDCore knows the lyrics however, this song is ONLY to be played for home games, otherwise it's a curse.
YMCA - Village People: Pre game requiremtns direct that you have to get the team camaraderie going and nothing tops this song for that!
Crazy Frog - Some Swedish Dude: This song has a frog with his weird dick showing, a banger beat and just the right amount of nostalgia.

ISFL PT affiliate

Great Falls Playlist (Kids night edition)

1. I'll Make a Man Out Of You - Mulan: 'Lets get down to business!' as we start our playlist we get down to business early. The quintessential Disney training montage song, this kicks things off and gets the crowd and players ready to win!

2. One Jump Ahead - Aladdin: The Grizzlies with their planning are always One jump, one step, one line ahead of their opponents. High energy keeps the crowd and team ready to play!

3. I Just Can't Wait To Be King - The Lion King: The Grizzlies want to be king of their division, we are constantly striving to be the best, and we encourage our fans to do the same!

4. Zero to Hero - Hercules: As an expansion team we are rising up to the top, or trying to at least, to be the heroes of the division!

5. Go The Distance - Hercules: To round out the playlist we all 'Go the distance' here, we work and train to be the best. We all strive to go the distance in our own way.

Kids edition finished!

Songs listed in reverse order. (order they are played leading up to end of warm up)
All songs are fast pump up songs ment to serve as reminders and words of encouragement.
5. Fool Me Twice by Kastra, Zach Matari, Dramos
We begin warmups with Goalie shots. This is their jam. You can not fool them twice.
4. TNT – ACDC
This is just a nice classic pump up song. Gets the blood pumping while they warm up.
3. It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
The perfect song to keep you in the moment. The time is now.
2. Whatever it Takes – Imagine Dragons
Ultimate pump up song. We will do whatever it takes, we will shoot, we will hit, we will fight. Lets go!
1. Enemies by Post Malone, feat. DaBaby
This should be obvious, we need to let the other team know they are the enemy, this is not a game of friendly fire. They will be shooting.

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

1. Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
2. This Fire Burns - Killswitch Engage
3. The Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin
4. All This and War - Every Time I Die
5. Four Walls - While She Sleeps

When Buck is in charge of the pre-game playlist he likes to mix the classics with some newer stuff. Bucks motivation is to find songs that will get the blood flowing, the heart pumping and where the beat motivates you. Buck starts the playlist with a classic, and ode to those on the Berserkers who have come before us to lay the foundation for the team we have today. Welcome to the Black Parade signifies this, and the fact that it's  good song. The next song on the playlist is designed to get you pumped up for the game if the first song doesn't do the trick. This Fire Burns opening the the pick scrape along the guitar strings and clashing of the drum cymbals will get you motivated. This Fire Burns is all about your passion driving you to be the best, Berserker passion is hockey and this song drives us to be the best. Buck throws The Diary of Jane in there just because Buck likes it. One of the newer editions to the playlist is All This and War by Every Time I Die. In the middle of the song the cowbell kicks in and gives that two-step rhythm that makes you want to punch a hole in a wall because your pumped and psyched to be here. Lastly Four Walls kicks in. The slow build of the guitars and the vocals before the drums join in and make you want to pound your chest with your fist as the song picks up steam and gets the group going. It's an odd mix but after this it's hard not to be motivated as you feel like you could charge through any wall

“Industry Baby” - Lil Nas X (feat. Jack Harlow): 
This song has a hype beat.  Even if you feel like it is overplayed, everyone can jive to it.  Our team will be able to bond over either dancing to this song, or feeling like a champion.  It’s a good song to enter the ice on, and to loosen our selves up. 

“A Midwestern State of Emergency” - Silverstein
A more hardcore song, this song would be great for some up downs on the ice.  Just getting us warmed up and focused on the game.  The breaks and breakdowns in the song are aptly timed for this kind of drill and would be useful.  

“I’m Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?” - A Day To Remember
Upbeat songs are essential to the warm up process.  We need to enter the game in a state that makes us feel like we are on top of our game.  I imagine this song as a focus song for shooting drills.  

“The War Is Ours (The Guillotine II)” -Escape the Fate
It’s written in the title.  We should take the ice with a winning mindset.  Additionally, I believe the screams in this song will scare the opposing team.  

“Dinosaur Stomp” -Koo Koo Kangaroo
The other team will not understand our pure enjoyment and will be immediately thrown off by this song.  Dubs for sure. 

[Image: 65157_s.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2021, 12:57 AM by Leoben.)

Oooh I love playlists and sharing my awful taste in music with everyone. I usually listen to my own music in the locker room to zone myself out and focus before a game so I can only speak for myself. To get hyped for anything I usually just listen to music from sports movies as there are some bangers but I'll list my favorite, in no particular order.

"False Pretense" - Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
https://open.spotify.com/track/2ZICF8SFI...f97bbf46b6

This song is from Never Back Down, a pretty mediocre movie that kind of riffs on the Karate Kid but in all the wrong ways. But "False Pretense" slaps under any circumstance and this movie is no exception. This song gets me hyped to do the dishes, so it's on pretty much every playlist I've ever created.

"Only the Young" - Journey
https://open.spotify.com/track/6S89Xbg2Y...90bbc94d2e

When people say Journey, the first thing that usually comes up is "Don't Stop Believin'" but I much prefer "Only the Young" from Vision Quest, a wrestling movie from the 80s. It's a good song for running, lifting weights, or anything to get you motivated. It might be a little aged for some tastes but I love it. It was also recently used in King Richard, a movie about the Williams sisters and their dad.

"Nitro (Youth Energy)" - The Offspring
https://open.spotify.com/track/0EUx0yvzo...1546034aa4

I was going to pick "Defy You" but Orange County isn't a sports movie. "Nitro" is from Varsity Blues which has a pretty kickass soundtrack. This song is just good when I know I'm going to have a rough night and will probably have to hit a few people.

"Dare" - Stan Bush
https://open.spotify.com/track/6e3VpaieG...3590f640d2

Cheating here a little as this song is really from the Transformers movie from the 80s but it was also used in Goon: Last of the Enforcers, so I'm using it here. It's just a really good yet cheesy song from the 80s, would fit in really good with Rocky IV. It's a good motivator.

"Lunatic Fringe" - Red Rider
https://open.spotify.com/track/4rAnSE0E0...b7dcc04bbe

Going back to Vision Quest for this one, I just really love this movie for some reason. It actual works as a prequel to Joker because the protagonist is a bit off. This was another song from the movie and it's such a good song that Dan Henderson, one of my favorite MMA fighters of all time, used it as his walkout music.

So yea my list is a little on the older side but these songs and films never fail to get me hyped up.

[Image: ashford.png]

Whalers
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Renegades  raiders  Finland

1. Big Yoshi’s Lounge: Beeg Yoshi is a legend, the savior of the Newfoundland Berserkers. Anything Yoshi related hypes up the locker room, we love yosh. All hail beeg yoshi. Amen.
2. Bezerk - Eminem: not only is this a good song, that gets people hyped up, it also is literally called Bezerk . How could this not be on our playlist come on man.
3. Enter Sandman - Metallica: while being a very overplayed song, this song is always one of the best hype songs for anyone, anywhere.
4. Thunderstruck - AC/DC: classic, a banger, we love it. Tunderstruck gets anyone hype. The boys will always love it when this song comes on.
5. Don’t Stop Believing - Journey: A classic, not only is this song an absolute banger, the words are that to live by, don’t stop believing. Whether you’re on a 20 game no point streak, or the team is struggling, don’t stop believing.

I’m not great at selecting music, so id usually leave it up the lads to pick it out, but this is my list. All hail beeg yoshi and big master ham. Go Zerks

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]