Create Account

Twitter Sidebar

Hey all, I just wanted to let everyone know what was going on with the twitter feed on the sidebar of the main page. As the people who look at it are probably aware, it stopped working around a week ago. It turns out the site we were using decided they wanted us to pay for the service and blocked us from searching for the #shlhockey hashtag. The cost was nuts, so I checked out other providers. I set one up but unfortunately they cut us off after only a day or two. We have just too many page loads for the free services to allow us to use it.

The good news is, I have a solution, but it's far more technical than plunking in some other site's twitter feed into the sidebar. I am working to create a script that will read from twitter's api and enter any shlhockey tweets into a local db on our server. Once we have that working we can build a frontend to display the tweets on the sidebar again. Sorry for the inconvenience, hopefully twitter approves my api access request soon and I can get this moving along.

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

have it on my desk by monday

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Why not just delete Twitter altogether?

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Good work Teddy

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

11-26-2021, 06:31 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Why not just delete Twitter altogether?

Believe me, I considered it lol

That being said I've made a lot of progress on this. I can read the twitter api and the server is automatically loading shlhockey tweets from twitter onto our db, which means I just need to display it on the sidebar and format it all.

11-26-2021, 08:50 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

That being said I've made a lot of progress on this. I can read the twitter api and the server is automatically loading shlhockey tweets from twitter onto our db, which means I just need to display it on the sidebar and format it all.
Oh I meant deleting Twitter in its entirety, not just the SHL accounts

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

11-27-2021, 01:35 AMbrickwall35 Wrote:
11-26-2021, 08:50 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Believe me, I considered it lol

Oh I meant deleting Twitter in its entirety, not just the SHL accounts
He freakin said he considered it dude

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

11-26-2021, 08:50 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote:

Replace twitter with Discord activity rewards?

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

11-27-2021, 03:45 PMMook Wrote:
11-26-2021, 08:50 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: Believe me, I considered it lol

Replace twitter with Discord activity rewards?
Both? Why not Zoidberg?

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2021, 06:21 PM by DrunkenTeddy.)

Added a new twitter feed, there are some issues with it that I'd like to address, but I wanted something up for now.

Things to hopefully come later:
- Full tweet, not just partial like it is now
- Images loading rather than links to images
- Posting time (it came into our DB as UTC, going to need to figure out how to show it in the user's timezone)
- Formatting improvements, it's a bit ugly atm
- A load more button

12-02-2021, 06:19 PMDrunkenTeddy Wrote: - Posting time (it came into our DB as UTC, going to need to figure out how to show it in the user's timezone)

Timezones are messed up? Time to rage retire and insult everyone on the way out

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Love the effort ❤️

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!