Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 12:38 AM by Philliesphan96.)

PH

Code:
Written Task: About two thirds through the season, and the trade deadline is coming up. Talk about the end of the season, and how you think it'll go for your team/the league. Any big trades your team needs to make? How is the playoff picture stacking up? Who do you think you'll face? (150+words)

With the end of the season coming up quickly, I don’t expect much (if any) movement from the Vancouver Whalers. We are in a good spot, however after loading up last season to get a championship, there really needs to be a “replenishing” of the cupboards in Vancouver. While we still have some good pieces that came back, there really was a mass exodus of veterans last year.

However, the guys that stuck around have really made an incredible impact. As the co-captain of the defending champs, I am so proud of this group of guys. We will see how far it goes, as the playoffs could be difficult, especially with some other teams finally playing up to their potential. Also, there are a few teams that appear to be loading up like we did last season.

It will be a difficult run to try and repeat, but my squad will do everything it can to try and repeat. If nothing else, we will not be a pushover.

168 words

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]

PT pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

PT Pass

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]

[Image: canadice.gif]
Thanks to @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @Carpy48 and @High Stick King, for the signatures

[Image: jZtKPwK.png] | [Image: RyzkmSj.png] | [Image: HKi05IH.png]

[Image: EzY5jpl.png]

PT pass

[Image: MWJDjbu.png]
[Image: 183de87f8b7c0453e0172c60380f5739.png]

Task 2:

Seattle Argonauts has clear goal when regular season comes towards the end. Our goal is to achieve a playoff spot. At the moment we are in our division on fourth place with 44 points from 46 games. That is not yet enough but I am confident we will improve. Edmonton is two points behind with one game in hand. San Francisco is two points ahead with equal amount of matches. Between those three teams maybe one of them will pull out so if you really want to be sure about playoffs you need be in TOP4 in the division. Of course, it is also possible that all go through because in the same conference are two worse teams Aurora and New Orleans who have collected combined 31 points. Hopefully Argonauts will climb to 0.500% when it comes to point percentage or otherwise we need to be little disappointed even though if we achieve a playoff spot. Our goal differential is 151-151 which is +0. It would be nice to get that stat also to positive side.

[Image: salming.png]

ISFL Affiliate

Prompt 2
[Image: wzrOIfS.png]

and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

The New England Wolfpack has fared relatively well. We had a really hot streak going for a while when we beat almost everyone, but recently we've fallen back down to a normal state, where Hamilton and other top teams prove a challange. While I don't think we do need any specific trades to complete the roster, we just need time for the core to get into the prime. With that said, should anything be added we do have a relatively large chunk of cap available to strengthen our defence. As that seems to be where we lack when we lose out.

Looking further forward, playoffs look very interesting and hopefully we can overcome our nemesis Buffalo Stampede this season. While a deep run is still only a dream, we can always do just that, dream of coming further.
But realistically Baltimore Platoon, Buffalo Stampede and Chicago Syndicate all look extremely strong and will be tough for any other team to beat in a best of 7 series.

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

PROMPT 1

Written Task: This is a huge win, since there are four teams, you are headed to the finals! How did the game go, how did your team approach it, and how will you celebrate? Run down the game and the final score, and any big plays that led to the win.(150+ words)

Indeed it was a hard fought game against The Grizzled Vets.  As I mentioned in an earlier post, these guys played positional hockey and made very few mistakes.  The flow of play raged back and forth for the first two periods.  We struggled to keep our composure and play within ourselves.  The old farts, we knew, would capitalize on any mistakes we made.  And they did, going up 1-0 in the early stages of the third period.  A hooking call allowed our vaunted power play to go to work to tie the game at 12:54 of the third.  At 16:40, a long stretch pass gave us a breakaway opportunity.  We didn't miss, scoring our second goal, making the score 2 - 1.  From there is was all hands on deck as the Grizzled Vets applied an insane amount of pressure.  They pulled their goalie with a little over 2 minutes remaining.  After a hectic scramble we we able to prevail and bring home the win.  A celebratory team dinner followed.  Then it was on to the next challenge.

Word Count = 179

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

PROMPT 2
The Baltimore Platoon are having a hell of a season right now. A bit of a slow start has been erased and the team sits on top of the Eastern Conference.  Interestingly enough, the effort is quote spread throughout the roster; most of the top ten leaderboards only feature a single Platoon, whether it be for offense or defense. Strong goaltending has been a key ingredient for success as well.  However, the team still has a tough road ahead as Tampa, Buffalo, and last year's champion Hamilton aren't just going to bow out of contention anytime soon. 
The Platoon are ready to challenge for the Cup. The window for this team is opening now, and a trade for a top tier player might be a wise move that could push the team over the edge. It is tough to say whether or not defense or offense would be a key target, as the Platoon are strong in both, but putting a few more pucks in the net is never a bad option.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]

PBE Affiliate PT

Prompt #1 - It all went to plan. After continuous beatdowns by the elder statespeople of the game, we finally put our gameplan together and executed it to perfection. Knowing that we would not be able to just use our hustle to take down the grizzled vets, we started slower and played smarter. We stuck to the gameplan laid out by the coach: Take the fall, Act Hurt, Get Indignant! We sold the calls and beat the Grizzled Vets at their own game. Eventually the Refs had to give us some power plays and then our youth and enthusiasm took over and we started to put pucks in the net. The vets became unglued and that is when things really fell apart for them as their parade to the box continued and we were able to slam more home. Alexis Saint-Michel was a superstar out there, putting in three goals and drawing five penalties! It was a heck of a game and it has sent the Up and Comers through to next round.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Prompt 2:

St. Louis has had a very forgettable season. The first third was dreadful - very few wins and no hope to go around. The second third was actually not too shabby, but still pretty bad. I personally have had one of my best 25 game stretch the past few weeks. For the last third, I expect more of the same and that we will be limping into the playoffs with not much hope - probably facing one of the top 2 teams. If there is only consolation on this season, it's that Detroit finished lower. 

Big trades? At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if all the big names are shipped out for at least a little value. I could see some teams looking to make a push ask about some of the hard capped players that are set to get called up next year or have eligibility run out. There's 2 or 3 big names that could get STL a few mid draft picks for the future.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs