Create Account

S62 PT #4: Gearing Up

Well the seasons over now, and it went pretty well for Chicago finishing at the top of the league and setting a points record along with several players on the team setting league records too. Even if there were trades the team needed to make or any other team its unlikely to see any. I'd be curious to see the numbers on the number of trade deadline deals since the cap changes yet alone in the fhm era, feel like deadline deals almost never happen because no point for most teams and the teams that can can't even afford it which sucks and one of my many complaints with the new cap changes. As for the season and playoff picture, it went pretty much as expected. Will likely see Texas and Chicago battling it out in the 2nd round for a spot in the finals. The east is a bit more interesting with Baltimore, Buffalo and Hamilton, and maybe even Tampa Bay all having a shot.

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

I'm doing this at the last minute, so our season is already over and about to head into the playoffs. A big goal for Baltimore this year was to win our conference. Coming into the season we knew we were rounding into our peak and wanted to show that we can be better than Buffalo and Hamilton. We did that and now are rewarded with home ice advantage in the playoffs which is nice. I believe as things stand we will be playing Atlanta in the first round. On paper most would probably have Baltimore taking the series, but if my memory is correct we did just get upset by Atlanta in the playoffs within the last few seasons. However, similar to most seasons, it looks like there are only about 5 teams with a real shot at winning it. In the east it should come down to a battle between Hamilton, Baltimore and Buffalo, with Chicago and Texas the heavyweights in the west.

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page

honestly, the seattle argonauts are not in a position where trading would add a lot of value. Texas and Chicago are far ahead in the east, and the pacific is tight but seattle is nearly guaranteed a playoff position. the argonauts could add to strengthen their depth scoring, but free agent bobby sharp already fills that role. they could pick up a goaltender, but backup goalie rart is already doing as good of a job as the team would hope and Thor has at least met expectations. the best move for Seattle this season would be to stand pat at the deadline, try to win the first and second rounds with smart coaching, and take lessons learned along with a strong and improving core into next season. The experience is value on its own, the youth movement will continue to pay dividends, and those two things together mean it makes more sense to buy in a season where the team can win a cup with a deadline deal

my simulation hockey league team on this site is going super strong we dont need to make any trades we are winning lots of games and scoring lots of goals and making lots of saves and makign lots of hits and making lots of takeaways and not doing a lot of giveaways we are really starting to roll now and I think the playoffs we will see big sucess as tampa bay barraacuda team for simulation hockey league experience. for end of season im not even worried about who we face for simulation hockey league playoffs cause our team the simulation hockey league team called the tampa bay barracuda who play in a simiulation hokcey leaguge conference and a simulation hockey league division are not even worried about it cause we are winning so many games and scoring so many goals we will elminate whoever dares to face us in playoff so all in all im not expecting any deadline deals to put it shortly

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

I know the prompt said 2/3 through the season, but when I'm writing this it's done. So I will talk about how the whole season went for me and the Los Angeles Panthers. The Panthers finished with 42 wins, 22 losses, and 2 overtime losses for a total of 86 points. We won the Pacific Division and had a goal differential of 54. Overall a really nice season. While we are definitely the weakest division winner, I was still happy with the season and I think (and hope) we might make some noise in the playoffs. As for my player, Aleks Blixtstrom, I actually scored more than one goal this season. I ended with 5 goals and 16 assists, and a +/- of 2. While it not seem like much, players of my TPE are usually rookies due to the fact I had to be called up early. I have no doubt I will continue to improve.

It has been quite the journey getting to know the rest of the team in grizzled vets. Staring at a sudden declination of their skills in the very near future for a vast amount of the grizzled vets team, this is likely the only shot at SHL supremacy for this group. Come next season the sharp decline would drop the grizzled vets to the level of the up and comers and this will be the only season where there might be an advantage of the grizzled vets.

With this advantage, a close fought contest ensued. It was a back and forth game with tight checking and free flowing offense for both sides. The experience of the grizzled vets proved too much and special teams led the way for the grizzled vets in vanquishing the up and comers. It was a close match but the difference in net and defense became key as the grizzled vets shut the door defensively to avoid losing.

[Image: 15Ng51w.png] [Image: S56Banner.png]