Create Account

S62 mPT 4: Automation

Automation can make everyone's lives better... and take our jobs

Your task: What portion of the site would be improved greatly with a little bit of automation? We already saw the banking get a huge boost from this, what other areas? Activity checks, claiming PTs, submitting updates, trolling someone every time they post anything, the world is your robotic oyster.

25 words minimum!
You will receive 1 TPE for fulfilling all requirements.
This PT will close Sunday, December 5th at 11:59pm CT. Posts submitted/edited after the deadline will receive 0 tpe.
If you have any questions/concerns, please PM me. Tasks with malicious intent will not be graded. Graders reserve the right to determine what is malicious. You will not be warned.
This PT is for SHL players and send downs only; it is not for SMJHL Rookies.

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 12:45 AM by hockeyiscool.)

I would love nothing more than the automation of the copy pasta about bad GMs that has hit the league as of late. I find it really funny and untrue, but it's all in good fun especially because I like to troll @Pythonic because he's such a good kid, and stays in good spirit Heart .

an automatic PT claim would certainly save a lot of time. an automated update assistant would help a lot as well, something like the PBE's where it's interactive and it spits out a template for you to just copy and paste has saved me a lot of stress

[Image: beegbeegyoshi.gif]
[Image: B7bDIPG.png]
[Image: gospklL.png]

Some sort of automatic updating thing might be nice, although the current update assistant works pretty well already. Maybe the ability for your training purchase to count as your AC so you don't have to make redundant claims?

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France

YEs ive been waiting for this one.

So I think that the player updater system could use a rework. Everytime I update my player, I have to manually replug every attribute into the player builder and sometimes i fuck up and have to restart, so i think that there should be a something added in that allows you to click a button or easily copy and paste your current build and it plugs everything into the player builder automatically. Dunno how it could be made cause i dont know anything about stuff like that but i think it would be cool

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]

I don't want to change too much too fast in case it breaks everything, but I'd love an accurate word counter. I've head a few complaints about that since I joined and I've used an external word counter ever since.

Code:
40 Words

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

The ability to automatically have claims linked into an update post would be fantastic. As would the ability to automatically set training to be purchased on a weekly basis.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

I'd love an easier way to find the game schedules rather than going into a thread and going into a google doc. I feel like the index might already do that?? But I have a hard time navigating past/future games on there. Google doc info is simplest, just wish it was more front and center.

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

Updating would be so nice if it was automated. If I could just press a button and have AC and training linked to my page without having to go to different pages to do it would be super nice to have. I understand it's hard but it would be so easy for the more casual active inactive people to keep earning tpe.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]

I think the site would improve tremendously if we were able to get some sort of automated PT claim system going. Right now it's kinda terrible how long the waits are. I don't imagine it would be difficult to create a submission system where a bot can check to see if you've got enough words in a submission. For predictions/mocks, we can scrape all responses and give 1/0 for a match to the correct answer then have it sum everything. Can probably do that in R.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

i would automated tpe to just give me tpe instead of me having to do any work. I wish i could just have all the tpes put onto my player page and I dont have to physically post to get tpe. SAD

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

There is a lot of work done to set-up bots in various discord servers to automate TPE claims and alert people to do their PT. I'm sure there would be a way to automate that on the site end too so we can get more people to max earn and stay active

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

I think the biggest place that could use improved automation would be a claims database that makes it easier to search per claim for your name, instead of ctrl f and then having to search each post.

[Image: 66168_s.gif]
Update Page || Roster Page

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Automate the media section so I can get dollars these graders are trash son and I do not agree with there grades. I've never once recived proper pay.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

Automating update would be great. We could handle it like banking, every time there is a new PT claim, you TPE would be added to your account, and then when you have enough TPE to increase the attribute you want by one, you would simply have to click on a button to do so.

54 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]