Create Account

S62 mPT 4: Automation

I think a combination of PT's, AC's, and updating. I would like to see a system where people can be awarded tpe and then click some buttons in a program and poof update done. no more searching for links, losing tpe to the nether because you forgot about it, and no more skating around regression as all points will be automatically accounted for.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

The best thing that could be done with automation would be the claiming of TPE and updating. When a claim post is added, automatically add the TPE to a players pool. The updating tool can then be used to update the stats immediately

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !

I found the whole procedure of claiming TPE a bit daunting when I first began playing in the SHL.  It might be a good idea to automate some of that procedure.  As well, would it be possible to automate the procedure for adding/improving skill for your player. skills.  I find this a bit cumbersome as well.

[Image: Rinky-sig.jpg]

Having automated updates would be really cool, would probably save a lot of time all round not having to have someone go through and check all the links and then add things up. Not sure how it could be done but it definitely would make things a lot better I would think

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Automated TPE claiming and a way to automatically apply TPE to your player. I think the TPE system might be a bit of a turn off for some new users, and I procrastinate every week on doing it. So basically I want it because I am lazy.

[Image: A9nSgBs.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2021, 08:53 AM by Ronniewalker.)

Point task grading should be automated at least to the extent that we could get them graded before the next update cycle after the deadline. Don't know how it's being handled now, and of course sometimes life just happens in a way that might delay things, but yea, this... and also yea why not automated claiming as well Wink

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

There's a number of things that could be improved by a little automation. I echo the statements about automated activity checks and updates/claims could be really helpful to reduce (but not eliminate) user errors. Of course, like with anything, mistakes will happen and some poor user will still mess it up while updating, but for the high parts of the bell curve, things will work just fine.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

I feel like there is a whole world of automated stats and player database updates that could be tapped into. Canadice did a great job getting the ball rolling. I feel like we could build on what they started...somehow? I love me some stats.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Either an accurate word counter or something that automatically placed the PT claims into your Player Update thread. Even with that said, I am fairly happy with how things are set up overall. It isn't too much work to get things done each week.

[Image: %3E%5Balign=center%5D]
Aurora Winnipeg Aurora Aurora

Automatic PT claim would do wonders - not having to wait a week to claim a PT would be amazing. Simply enter the PT into the thread and have it graded for length immediately and allowing the user to claim the designated amount of PT.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Recently, PBE implemented a new claim system where all claims for the week that were not instant claims were posted in one singular post. This makes it easier to link the TPE to your update page, without having to link a bunch of different posts. While it's a small improvement, I'm a fan Smile

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

Claiming PTs and TPE in general would be a huge boost to the site. I've never been a fan of the forum style of the site and would prefer to interact with the league mostly through discord. I'd be in favor of anything that would decrease the complexity of the forum posting for PTs and updates.

[Image: notoriousTRON.gif]
Sig Cred: Carpy, ML, RainDelay, Donini & Geekusoid
[Image: gs89eGV.png]

It would require an entire overhaul of the website and perhaps a substantial financial outlay, but the VHL system of updating is pretty cool.  some things still need an updater's hands on it, but things like Activity Checks and Welfare are automatic.  Press the claim button and the TPE is instantly in your bank.  And then you can apply that TPE simply by clicking up on an attribute.  Still have to wait for an updater to approve, but it's pretty slick.  And you get updated all through the week so no waiting until the weekend.

Having an automated TPE system which would be linked to your forum account would be nice. Rather than having to claim it yourself, it would just go into your TPE pool and you can apply it however you want when you're ready. Similar to video games where you have points to spend and adjust where they go, that would be cool to have here. Every time you earn TPE, rather than having to claim, the TPE would just be posted internally and distributed to everyone. Not sure if that's even possible, but I just thought of it and thought it would be great.

[Image: Otrebor13.gif]

[Image: 7MO9RpC.png]  [Image: gdppv5N.png]

Having an automated system for submitting updates probably would be helpful for some users but I guess I am old school because I like to do it manually and using the format that I have been using for quite some time now.

[Image: fever95.gif]
[Image: LpkqUbe.gif]

PREVIOUS PLAYER STATISTICS