Create Account

S62 mPT 4: Automation

I think have automated point task grading for word count would be super helpful to make the pt team’s life easier as well as ensure that the tpe earned from completing point tasks can be applied quicker.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

I feel like adding a bank-type system for accepting and rejecting contract offers comparable to what the SBA would be great. Then something on the site can generate articles automatically letting people know about signings and retirements and such.

[Image: 0K3YdqN.png]

Agent of Nick Brain: Center/Right Winger - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of John Torrance: Advisor to the General Manager - Winnipeg Aurora
Agent of Anatoli Terrorov: Head Coach - Colorado Raptors

Nick Brain Player Profile: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91326
Nick Brain Update Thread: http://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=91332

I think if there was a way updates could be done automatically and input in the sim file without no-one needing to put in the work it would make the site work much better.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

I think we should automate everything. Automate the players, the GMs, the coaches, the whole site. That way there's no drama - wait we can even automate the drama! Genius!

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

Updating is the most tedious thing for players and updaters alike. Someone needs to talk to @Wally so we can get the SCOR method of updating where you'd end up with a "bank" after PTs were graded and you were allowed to distribute them through a player portal. it was so much fun and really easy.

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page

An automatic PT claim seems the most obvious choice and seems like it would be relatively easy to put together in the grand scheme of things. Submit the PT, have it automatically count the words and check for repetition. Boom, done.

[img=0x0]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/819596167843151906/843586092388057098/De_pengu_logo_2.png[/img]

Both automated pt claim and activity checks could go with automation, just create a button that checks activity, and a button that puts in the amount of TPE earned plus all links required. (33 Words)

Berserkers Patriotes Finland
[Image: EX8JdSr.png][Image: yGcdOWc.png][Image: Bphj82E.png] [Image: BxfKXyg.png] Credit to Redderder15 for the sig
[Image: UDU9SiD.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2021, 03:42 PM by Toast.)

I actually need to do this for any shot at 2000, damn. Activity Checks should be automated. Maybe something like the bank where it's just a button the user needs to click in order to have it set to a claim page? Think of something like our weekly trainings. It would be great if it just automatically went to the update page.

Code:

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

I think submitting updates or anything to ease the burden on members' ability to claim without carefully formatting each of their claims would be nice. There are some leagues with portals that allow for more organized claiming out there already!

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

More automation would be nice for updates. If there was a central system in charge of managing incoming task claims and giving out the appropriate banks to players, it would save some time for the players.

[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/DYZ5jqO.jpg[/img]

I think a simple implementation would be automated TPE claims for players. I saw the ISFL has added something simple to their forums to assist with this, so potentially the SHL can also take a step in that direction.

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

I feel like if activity checks were like bank buttons, something you could claim in one click would be cool. Also automated way of claiming PTs from PT claim threads too

[Image: jay2233.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @High Stick King and @Maxy for the sigs!

Raptors Argonauts 
[Image: m59RPb7.png][Image: FcWmVTl.png]

I think we could have a pretty cool automated update system. updates could go into a bank pool much like money already does and we could have buttons to update attributes. I think we have the infrastructure for it. just need someone with the know how to set it up.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

I've been very fortunate to be an intern with the SMJHL HO this season and I'm getting to see a lot of behind the scenes things I wouldn't normally see. I think something that could be somewhat automated is the creation of players. It's kind of the interns thing to do and I've been enjoying doing it but with Brickwall's system he's got created it doesn't seem like it would take to much to have the process automated and maybe just need a manual announcement under the GM discord to notify GMs of new creates.

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

I would have to believe that Activity Checks would be the easiest to automate. Clicking a button or something would alleviate what has to be at least 3 or 4 jobs right? I dont know how many people are on the AC team, but those jobs could be rolled into the PT teams or whatever.

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player