Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #2: The frozen tundra of Anchorage
(This post was last modified: 12-01-2021, 12:18 PM by CptSquall.)

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with my second Deep Dive of the season, this time on the Anchorage Armada. This article will go over how they have gotten go the top of the SMJHL standings and what thier strengths and weaknesses are heading into the SMJHL playoffs. First off, as you might imagine, this team has high TPE. The lowest TPE the roster has is 155, and the team has at least ten capped players if my counting was correct. The player with the most overall TPE is Valdis Vējonis with 744 who is probably being called up after this season.

Looking at thier roster, one problem that have right now might be the fact that nether of thier goalies are capped. The higher TPE goalie has 241, while the other one only has 155. Of course, having a lower TPE goalie might not be a problem if you can just score a lot more goals then your opponents, but it is still something to note. Also only two of thier defensemen are capped, so this might be a very offensive minded team. I guess if someone can find a way to stop that powerful offensive attack they might have a problem, but not many have given the standings.

Speaking of offensive attack, Jalal ad Din Afinogenov has scored an amazing 33 goals for the team, along with 19 assists for a total of 52 points. They are not even the leader in terms of points for the team, with Spack Jarrow having less goals with 17, but leading the team in assists with 38 for 55 points total. Jalal is actually second in goals for the entire SMJHL, only trailing behind Lev Lebedev who has 35. But only being behind the player who will probably be MVP in terms of goals is still pretty good.

Looking at the goalie stats, they are actually playing pretty well despite thier TPE total, with Dominik Tretyak having 35 wins to 11 loses and a 0.914 save percentage and 2 shutouts and actually lead the league in wins. The backup Ted Lindsay has one shutout to his name, and a 0.889 save percentage. Dominik has taken the majority of minutes played with 2906 and Ted only having 541. Like I said, the offense is probably the best part of this team however I think the goalies have been doing thier part to hold down the line. Currently, Guy Fieri is the Block leader with 87 blocks 67 hits being an extremely physical part of this team.

So what do I think of this team overall? Well this is an extremely complete and high TPE team that has a lot of potential to go far into the upcoming playoffs. They have the second best goal scorer and the 4th and 10th best assist leader. Thier blocks are kind of low however, with no one cracking the one hundred mark. This will be a team carried mostly by thier offensive attack and the main goalie holding it down. I think this team can go far into the playoffs and are definitely a favorite to win it all, but with this sim anything can (and often will) happen.

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Approved, +5 TPE to @WildfireMicro

[Image: CptSquall.gif]