Believe it when i see it

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 09:38 AM by leviadan.)

12-02-2021, 04:37 PMTommySalami Wrote:
12-02-2021, 04:20 PMleviadan Wrote: @"TommySalami"

I don't know how I feel about this. I don't think I'm a one and done player, and I don't usually get too bothered by league changes, but it's hard not to feel pretty garbage about this. I'll have put two years of work into my player only to get my peak season kneecapped by the update scale making lower TPE players better, and now getting pushed off a regression cliff that essentially kills 2+ seasons of work? I don't know. This makes me reevaluate how much effort I put into the league. 

I get that parity changes need to happen at some point, I definitely see that. But it sucks seeing max earning players dominate the SHL for my entire career, and then getting robbed of my chance to do the same after two years of building to it. Maybe it won't be as drastic as I think it will be, but it hurts for sure.

I don't know what a better solution is, because pushing it back a season or two just punishes somebody else, but right now it feels like S53 and S54 are getting nuked for putting in a lot of work and building great players. I guess ramping up the new regression more slowly is considered a no go because it would take too long?

Similar to my previous response, it's all a matter of perspective. Had we implemented this regression 10 seasons ago, you would have earned the exact same amount of TPE up to this point, you just be entering your second season of regression. I've probably earned more than 4000 TPE in my career but I'm currently at 1150 TPE. If regression wasn't a thing at all and then it was announced today I'd be going 2900 TPE lost, wtf? That's not the way to look at it though. Everyone is becoming subject to this new system, there just needed to be some up front changes to make everyone fit in where they should.

It's emotional because it seems to affect some groups more than others but I can guarantee you we did the research to find the most fair way to implement this.

I guess what confuses me the most is why regression needs to start earlier at all? Why not just stick with the change to the steepness of the curve or make the curve a little steeper than what's described in your post?

Losing 12 then 15 for 3 seasons is already 22% more TPE than I expected to be losing over my first 4 seasons of regression but it's a lot easier to stomach and feels like much less of a destruction of two years of work than an immediate and direct 20% kneecap.

Doesn't doing that also accomplish the same goal? I guess I just don't fully see why some inflation is so bad as long as the fall off is quicker. I think we can all agree four seasons of 10% was insane, but this seems like a massive over correction that devastates people's effort and engagement with the league.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

12-03-2021, 09:29 AMBy-Tor Wrote: Imma hit 2k anyways out of spite

Yes. This is partially the point, that players can still reach 2k even with regression arriving a season earlier.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

I mean, the goal is 2112 TPE for the fans.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

12-02-2021, 04:20 PMleviadan Wrote: I get that parity changes need to happen at some point, I definitely see that. But it sucks seeing max earning players dominate the SHL for my entire career, and then getting robbed of my chance to do the same after two years of building to it.

I feel this.

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

12-03-2021, 09:37 AMleviadan Wrote:
12-02-2021, 04:37 PMTommySalami Wrote: Similar to my previous response, it's all a matter of perspective. Had we implemented this regression 10 seasons ago, you would have earned the exact same amount of TPE up to this point, you just be entering your second season of regression. I've probably earned more than 4000 TPE in my career but I'm currently at 1150 TPE. If regression wasn't a thing at all and then it was announced today I'd be going 2900 TPE lost, wtf? That's not the way to look at it though. Everyone is becoming subject to this new system, there just needed to be some up front changes to make everyone fit in where they should.

It's emotional because it seems to affect some groups more than others but I can guarantee you we did the research to find the most fair way to implement this.

I guess what confuses me the most is why regression needs to start earlier at all? Why not just stick with the change to the steepness of the curve or make the curve a little steeper than what's described in your post?

Losing 12 then 15 for 3 seasons is already 22% more TPE than I expected to be losing over my first 4 seasons of regression but it's a lot easier to stomach and feels like much less of a destruction of two years of work than an immediate and direct 20% kneecap.

Doesn't doing that also accomplish the same goal? I guess I just don't fully see why some inflation is so bad as long as the fall off is quicker. I think we can all agree four seasons of 10% was insane, but this seems like a massive over correction that devastates people's effort and engagement with the league.

We already had the inflation era and the system was corrected to bring tpe levels down. As it is players are now hitting 2k in their 9th season rather than 10th as well as playing roughly 30% more games in their career due to the increase in schedule.

All this does is bring tpe levels at total games played across a career back into line with what is has been as well as delivering a steeper drop off in players' twilight years.

Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.

12-03-2021, 09:39 AMBy-Tor Wrote: I mean, the goal is 2112 TPE for the fans.

I am confident that a max earner will reach and if they want to surpass that.

@Acsolap I understand that, but what I don't feel like is being communicated, and maybe I'm just dumb for not understanding this because I'm not particularly engaged with the GM / FHM side of the site, is what is inherently wrong with more people hitting 2K or with 2K being hit earlier? Why is it such an issue that it justifies totally gutting the work that many of us have put in over the last two years vs. simply a steeper fall off?

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

12-03-2021, 09:42 AMAcsolap Wrote: We already had the inflation era and the system was corrected to bring tpe levels down.

We did? I honnestly can't find a moment where we actually reduced TPE in an effective manner, would be interessed to know what correction you mentioned that was effective, cause i only see the TPE going up and up and up without actual correction as far as i can see it, else we wouldn't have this problem

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

[Image: LiB5IPX.png]

[Image: avakaelsig.gif]

12-03-2021, 09:46 AMleviadan Wrote: @Acsolap I understand that, but what I don't feel like is being communicated, and maybe I'm just dumb for not understanding this because I'm not particularly engaged with the GM / FHM side of the site, is what is inherently wrong with more people hitting 2K or with 2K being hit earlier? Why is it such an issue that it justifies totally gutting the work that many of us have put in over the last two years vs. simply a steeper fall off?

As of right now you are on 41 more tpe than I "reached" and I was in the top 10 earners in site history at the time. Which means by the time all the off season tpe is added you'll probabaly end up closer to or over 2300 tpe.

The idea is to narrow the width between the super stars of the league, the middling players and the rookies entering the league and therefore create a more competitive and interesting environment.

I get that it doesn't feel great being on the receiving end of it but it you imprint your career onto mine you'll see that there isn't much difference at all. I was 1810 tpe after regression my first season for example. It's important to note that everyone is getting beaten with the same stick outside of the few remaining geriatrics in the league who borderline retirement anyway (I'm done this off season which was nothing to do with this).

Ultimately you'll still be at the top of the pile come next season and there or there abouts the season or two after. The major difference is that your peak will be shorter as will all future generations but this needs to happen for the sake of this game we mostly enjoy playing. The league is stagnating badly and without significant change it won't be able to sustain itself.

12-03-2021, 09:50 AMEvok Wrote:
12-03-2021, 09:42 AMAcsolap Wrote: We already had the inflation era and the system was corrected to bring tpe levels down.

We did? I honnestly can't find a moment where we actually reduced TPE in an effective manner, would be interessed to know what correction you mentioned that was effective, cause i only see the TPE going up and up and up without actual correction as far as i can see it, else we wouldn't have this problem

Shl players used to be able to do post game threads which is why there were players with 2300+ tpe when most of the recent top earners couldn't break 2150.

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2021, 10:18 AM by sve7en.)

OK, but why are we trying to use earlier regression to solve TPE inflation when that causes everyone to fast forward through a season they were looking forward to. Teams and players are getting their windows partially skipped over with this implementation when you could just manage TPE schedules differently and/or frontload the first regression season.

As an aside, TPE inflation doesn't hurt the way the league plays. You can scale everything up or down, the only things affected are your visible peak numbers and similar cosmetic/historic affects, and the inflation didn't seem to matter to the people complaining until their numbers got surpassed.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]