Create Account

S62 SMJHL PT #6 - Playoff Dreams

We've wrapped up the last games of the regular season. It's playoff time!

Written Task: How has your team prepared for the playoffs? (150 word min.) (if your team didn't make the playoffs: what is your player going to do with all their spare time?)
Graphic Task: Create a game day program for a playoff matchup involving your team. Must include 2 team logos and 1 render.

Reward
3 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the things, not both.)

Only S62 SMJHL Rookies (S63 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.
Link PBE, WSBL or NSFL submissions here to get credit for affiliate claims.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline: Sunday, December 12th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2021, 09:58 AM by WildfireMicro.)

First of all, St.Louis just barely got into the playoffs as a lowly 12th seed. So it may not be something to completely celebrate but the team is still preparing for it. They have decided to work thier hardest on practice after a short break to rest up. Rolf in particular has been working hard to get better and has been working mostly on his blocks and defensive skills. Merca and Vincent have been working on snapshots and blocking snapshots respectively. Rolf knows that this may be the last season he plays with Merca, so he has been asking him for tips as well.

The team will be facing the Kelowna Kinghts in the first round, so they have been watching a lot of tape to examine their strengths and weaknesses. Whether they get destroyed or surprise the Kinghts, the team wants to know that they at the very least tried thier best. The best thing about being the lowest seed is that you are ether not surprised or very pleasantly surprised.

Code:
173 words

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Unfortunately Detroit is going to be catching the playoff games from the TV this post season. For anyone living under a rock for the past season, Detroit was only able to come up with 5 wins this season so it's pretty clear where we'd be at playoff time. While things look bleak, the Detroit team is looking to continue cranking out TPE and moving the needle in both offensive and defensive performance. Then we'll be working to pick up new recruits and hope to have a very active roster as we kick off the next season and will be able to start clawing our way back up the standings.

One of the best and worst parts of the SMJHL is the quick turn of teams so it's always a bit of a crap shoot to predict where things will land. Detroit's LR is active and the team is always willing to help new players so I am optimistic that there will be good progress as we look to Season 63.

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Well with the Outlaws just edging out REG for the playoff spot, we are going to take a second to catch out breath. Then we are going to celebrate. Having the year we did and the improvement from last year we really need to celebrate the accomplishments the Organization have done so far. The next thing on the agenda is prep for MET. This will be a tough matchup so we need to be level headed going into this series not to be over hyped. We all are pumped for this series and are hyping each other up in the locker room. We are not going to mess with any tactics or even mention any, we have total faith in our GM and coaches to make the best decisions, they got us this far. All in all, we just want to enjoy this feeling and really cherish the moments and accomplishments.

(151 Words)

[Image: image.png?ex=65728e45&is=65601945&hm=aa5...7eb2e58f9&][Image: vanbiesbrouck_ff.png?ex=6578c8f6&is=6566...a506d1cd1&]
Sig by adamantium

the Detroit falcons didn't make the playoffs this year, so Sam Azjha is going to go home to Whitstable, England, in order to spend time with friends and family, even inviting some of his teammates to come visit and go windsurfing, he'll also work on becoming a better overall player, and watch the SMJHL playoffs he'll also go back to school at south Hampton university over the summer to put some more work into his marine biology degree, after doing all of this he'll head back to Detroit and spend time with his teammates and look for a new apartment he'll also learn to cook, and use the rest of his time to rest up for the upcoming preseason, and hopefully help the team to make the playoffs next year as opposed to just getting 5 wins

The Nevada Battleborn have prepared for the playoffs by undergoing a rigorous training regimen of skating really really fast and yelling "IT'S BEEN F'N PONTOS" at one another. Look, I know it sounds strange, but I swear it works. Sometimes. Except for the times when it doesn't. A few other things we have been doing to pump each other up is talking about Pokemon, eating a lot of hot sauce (maybe that's just me), celebrating all of our individual successes and every new personal and team best we have ever hit (did you know we hit a new franchise points high this season? we did!) We also like to bully Noka a lot, which is one of our key team bonding activities, and has definitely gotten us really pumped up to make a playoff run. We went on a bit of a winning streak at the end of the season, and we are now ready to take on the postseason.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

The St Louis Scarecrows made the playoffs as the 12th seed. We prepared for the playoffs just like we would for any other regular season game. We know that our opponent will be heavily favored, so we are also going into the playoffs with one eye already on the future. I know that this is not the standard answer that a player gives the media, but it is an honest one.

One thing we did entering the playoffs was to juggle the lines. After playing left wing all season, I went back to my natural center position, now playing between two of our top wingers. Since line chemistry is an element of FHM, this appears to be a move to prepare for next season rather than a move designed for better results in the playoffs this season. I think it's a rational strategy from our management since we are totally outmatched. Our goal is just to steal a game and extend the series.

My one eye on the future has me involved in some of the discussions about how to improve the league. Those type of discussions can be traps that can harm a hockey career if one gets too wrapped up in them. In addition, as part of the SMJHL awards committee, we are already discussing who will soon be taking home trophies. The world junior championships are also approaching. It is a very busy part of the hockey season.

[Image: embros.png]

[Image: ddIlIkT.png]  [Image: qzGJBye.png]
Player Render by Merica

ZERKS VS TREES[Image: D8C02242-D766-49FF-A613-715C5938A9B1.jpg]

[Image: ROZESIG.png?ex=6622170a&is=660fa20a&hm=2...height=655]

[Image: 1pzFmoE.png]

Need a sig :-/

Despite the team doing their best we didnt get to the playoffs. What we as a team are going to do now is just practice and practice until the next season starts. I think I speak for all of my teammates when I say that we are more motivated than ever after this blunder of a season and we are going to be ready for Season 63.

The falcons are probably one of the most rookie friendly teams and considering how active we rookies are we are going to keep building our players during the off season. Hopefully we will also pick up even more good active rookies and thus being better both with our offense and especially our defense since we got peppered with shots during the season.

All players will also take a smaller vacation to get back to their families with Evert flying back to sweden to catch up with his pears.

Playoff preparation began at the beginning of the season for the Berserkers. If we weren't playing playoff type hockey in the regular season then we had no reason to make it to the playoffs. In the locker room the leaders of the team, players who have been around for a while and even some alumni having been talking to the rookies to pump them up and give advice going into their first year of playoffs. the team's mentality is to put our best foot forward and show whoever we are facing that we are not here to mess around, but we're here for one thing and one thing only. The Four Star Cup. The Berserkers made it to the finals last year and we're hungry to get there again but this time with a different result that puts us on top of the league. Will it be easy? Probably not, but the Berserkers are prepared to go to war for the Cup.

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]

Affiliate ISFL PT

In spite of our best efforts the Regin Elk fell just short of making the playoffs. We are all obviously pretty upset about missing out on more games but it is no use crying over. With this extra time off I have two goals in mind. The first is to get back home to South Korea for a bit and take a little vacation. My rookie season in Regina was stressful. I pushed myself to my limit and I think I need to get my head back in the right place. Time with friends and family over delicious Korean food should do the trick. My second goal is to jump right back into training once my vacation is done. The WJC is right around the corner and the Young Guns team needs me at my best if we are to improve after our performance last year. Off ice training along with the WJC tournament will serve as a perfect lead in to the SHL draft and my sophomore season with the Elk.

(172)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

My team the Detroit Falcons did not have the season we wanted to lol and ended up missing playoffs by quite a few this season ending the season 5-55-6. Despite not having the season we wanted to we are super excited for next season.  My player Bubba Tree during the off-season since we didn't make playoffs will just be chilling at his house in LA hanging out with his friends and surfing whenever he has the chance to. Also watching playoffs seeing what team will be crown champion this season.  But of course, while doing all that I'm going to be training super hard so I could be at the best possible shape I can be in for next season. Other then that me and my team are pumped for next season and we shouldn't be under looked going into this upcoming season. Goodluck to everyone who made playoffs.

The Newfoundland Berserkers have many rituals that build camaraderie from trust falls, drinking alcoholic beverages together and starving Sota. None however, is more sacred than the !chop. The chop is viewed by some as a simple activity, something perhaps done by laymen in days of yore. Their inability to understand the !chop may come from a lack of understanding, a lacking of doing the !chop. However, as every Berserker knows, the !chop is a way of life, it symbolizes our desire to perform to high level of excellence and dedicate ourselves to the pursuit of the Four Star Cup. The simple act of cutting timber down is something you do with your friends, strangers who eventually become your best allies in a war ahead. You have to communicate, or be crushed by the trees, and work together, letting each other know when you need a break and subbing for a shift change. !chop is a perfect metaphor and preparation for playoff hockey and, if anything Newfoundland's playoff success to date truly shows that.