Create Account

(GRADED)Deep Dive #1 - The History Of The Carolina Kraken
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2021, 07:02 PM by CptSquall.)

I joined the site at the Trade Deadline in Season 43. I was quickly picked up as a Draftable Free Agent to the Montreal Militia.
I was happy when I got drafted with my second player to go to the Carolina Kraken.
You guessed it, the new identity of  the once Montreal.
This team has gone by 3 names and many logos in their long history.
This team was founded in Season 5, an original 6 team when the SMJHL was founded.
They were originally named the Montreal Impact. The colors were blue, gray, and white. The logo was a light and dark gray fleur de lis inside a shield with the Letters M and I on either side at the top. They lasted until Season 27.
[Image: ImpactLogo_zpsqg6dvfbr.webp]
Quick controversy got them to change their name and logo when most of the site discovered a Canadian soccer team with the same name, colors, and similar logo.
[Image: 170px-Montreal_Impact_%28MLS%29_logo.svg.png]
But I will let you decide if you think that is coincidence or not. I for one, personally prefer completely original work.
To start Season 28, the Montreal Impact rebranded to the Montreal Militia. They completely changed. The new colors were garnet and gold. This logo featured two rifles in an x, with the letters M and M on either side, and a tiny fleur de lis at the top. It was a much needed change.
[Image: bOtyZjo.png]
In Season 35, they changed their logo again. Kept the colors and went a bit more new school. This one featured a giant M with a half maple leaf, half fleur de lis.
[Image: SUBA2wU.png]
Later on, in Season 45 the Montreal Militia decided to go back to the original team brand concept of the Impact. The "new" logo resembled the original. The I was changed to an M, and the colors were reverted back.
I did not like this move, I felt it negated the time spent from Season 28 to 45.
[Image: vcU4f6i.png]
At the time, in season 45, these newly released retro jerseys were the talk of the site. Not in a good way. Teams quickly made mocks and they are all bad, no matter the team. 
[Image: re9MjR0.jpg]
Finally in season 50, I approved a monumental rebrand. It was not just a rebrand, but a relocation. Many, if not most, of the site felt Montreal should be an SHL team. We did not know it would take two expansions to get there.
The Montreal Militia, now GMed by FuzzSHL, put in a request and moved to Charlotte, North Carolina. Now known as the Carolina Kraken. This logo and team as survived almost 12 seasons with no rebrand in sight. I would like to keep it that way. The official colors are Tenne, Eerie Black, Alabaster, and Windsor Tan. With this logo.
[Image: CarolinaKraken.png]
For a team this old, I am not surprised they have seen this much change. From the Montreal Impact to the Montreal Militia to the Carolina Kraken. I am proud to have seen them grow and evolve to where they are now.

502 words without media links

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

Bonus Memes
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: image0.png]
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: badwolf221B42.gif]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]

God that Kelowna one...

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]