Create Account

S62 DFA Bounties #3 - The Future

Semi finals of the POs are starting, and we're at our third DFA bounty of the season:

With playoff hockey going on in the league, you can feel the excitement in the air and your draft, the real start of your SMJHL career, coming closer. It makes you wonder where this could all lead to eventually..

Written Task: What are your goals in the leagues? Long term, mid term, short term; what are you hoping to accomplish with your player, or hoping to find on the teams you join. Are you looking for individual succes, and maybe even a HoF induction, or will you focus on team success? (250 word min.)
Graphic Task: Create a hockeycard for your player, including at least your render, name and the logo of an SHL team you could see yourself playing for.

Reward: $500,000 for doing one of the above

Only current SMJHL Draftable Free Agents (S63 SMJHL Draftees, SHL class of S64) are eligible for this bounty.

There is no need to claim this anywhere. After grading the money should pop up in your account 'automatically'.

Deadline: Sunday, December 19th @ 11:59pm EST

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 12-14-2021, 09:00 PM by MoreliaSpilota.)

I'd like to join Tig Muprhy as only the second defensemen in league history to win both the Bojo Biscuit award for the best defensive defenseman and the  Scott Stevens award for the best overall defenseman. That's my number one long-term goal.  If my career went perfectly than I'd probably tie Alonzo Garbanzo's five Stevens awards but that seems literally impossible to me. Breaking the record might be the most impossible task in the entire SHL in my opinion. Tying it would be absolutely incredible. Honestly, though, I'd be fine with two or three all-star appearances. It's hard for me to know at this point in my career what is a realistic expectation and what is unrealistic.  IF you told me right now that I'd win a Scott Stevens Awards or even a Ryan Jesster Trophy, I'd be absolutely ecstatic but if I won the Ryan Jesster award and then never made an all-star team or played in a  Challenge Cup final then I might be a little disappointed. There's a lot of luck involved in a sim league, there's a lot of luck involved in a sim league career so it's hard for me to know where my expectations should be right now.

In terms of things that I can actually control,  I'd say being a member of the two thousand  TPE club would be great. I'd love to be the number one overall SHL draft pick but that also involves a lot of moving parts that I don't necessarily have control over. Whereas with a TPE-based goal it's all about the effort and grind that I put in as a user.

Quote:273 Words

To be honest, I do not have a single clue about Hockey, but I'm willing to learn it. My personal goals for my players would be to not suck, I want to be able to help my team in everyway possible. Rookie of the season would be quite epic but I'll concentrate on the Draft first. I am for sure going to try to bring my player into the best position to succeed on the field. I'll just have to take care of everything off the field.

When I joined I noticed some people that I knew from the ISFL, so I was already welcomed to the league by people I knew. Which makes everything a bit easier. I also noticed that one team has the most ISFL players, the Anaheim Outlaws. Funnily enough I even drafted a guy from that team into the DSFL last season. Maybe he'll return the favor Smile So, to give an answer, Anaheim would be my go to Team, but I am in no way forcing my way there. Whatever happens in the draft is fine by me and I will give my best wherever I go. The only thing I'd kinda need is a crash course in Ice Hockey. I'm very much looking forward to the scouting and all the other stuff around the draft. But I'm mostly looking forward to actually playing for my new team in the new season! It's hard to tell where in the Draft I'm going to go, but I'm going to be happy wherever I land! Smile

[Image: IMG_4351.jpg?width=507&height=676]

It is interesting because yes, while playoff hockey is here and a lot of players are gearing up for the draft but Enes Gündoğan has been actively gearing up for multiple postseason starts with the Vancouver Whalers. While other players were wondering what their first SMJHL action was going to be like, Enes Gündoğan was living it and living the dream. From right off the street to a starting playoff goalie in a matter of days is pretty intese. Through 9 starts Enes Gündoğan was off to a hot start with 3 shutouts in those games. However, playoff hockey was a different monster and while he had flashes of brilliance, Enes was usually outmatched by amazing goalie play on the other side and the Whalers were knocked out in round 2 by Anchorage.

As for the future, Enes Gündoğan is now looking towards the draft having just been a temporary Whaler and who knows where he could end up. Rumors are that Enes Gündoğan does not have any preferred place in the league and while he would love to stay in Vancouver, he is okay going and playing anywhere. Short term, he would like to remain a starting goaltender in the SMJHL if possible but long term he has stated many times that he could be okay even in a career backup role and getting the occasional starts or mop up relief duty. He sets his sights on suiting up for team Austria one day as a starting goalie and whatever happens in the SHL happens. At some point Enes Gündoğan will likely be able to start in the league and maybe for a couple years. Maybe he bounces around a little finding backup gigs or maybe he breaks out with a team, who knows, but he is excited for anything in his hockey future!

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]