Create Account

WHY I WON'T CREATE A NEW PLAYER AFTER THIS ONE

SHL is a place where I have spent a lot of time. Much more when I was younger, but I still come here to gain TPE, watch how things have changed and to talk with some users. I am here from S26 and Aumy Jr. is my second player. Before I start - don't get me wrong. I'm not thinking about retiring at this moment, but when that time will come - I probably won't be spending my time to create a new player and here are some reasons why.

New regression update
This is probably one of the most biggest reasons why. Where should I start? I have done almost every single possible PT and weekly training. I have skipped 1 SMJHL training and Activity Check because of suspenssion plus two extra weekly trainings because I lack money. Skipped one PT in an entire career. It means - I lost 25 TPE in total. We can call it 30 TPE instead of 25 (maybe I forgot something I've skipped). However, I'm at 1950 TPE at this moment and next season is my regression season which means... I won't make 2K TPE club. And I wouldn't even probably make it if I wouldn't lose those 25-30 TPE. Funny, right? I think this is just straight disrespectful to users who actually spend a lot of their time and work with their players. Plus, to make it even more funnier... I JUST HAD MY SIXTH SHL SEASON AND NEXT SEASON I AM REGRESSING. ONLY SIX SEASONS AND THIS FELLA IS REGRESSING! This is just a complete mess. My player was created on S43 when he had his first full SMJHL season. It was created on previous year's October. That means - it's only one year old. Seems like it will be maximum of one and a half year until new player is destroyed because of regression. Long story short - it's just stupid in my opinion and completely disrespectful to hard working users who try to max out their player by spending a lot of their time here.

League not really caring about people
Yes, we have some donation campaigns sometimes and other stuff to help people, but I'm talking about users in this case and not people in general. It just seems like league don't care about people. I don't know what's their main goal, but I (personally) didn't saw questions about regression and other previous big announcements we've seen. It just seems like they announce stuff and then watch people reacting to it (and not even changing anything if they don't like it). It seems like they have few people discussing about some stuff and if they all want it - they announce it. There isn't no talking with users who are the most important thing of this community. What would this league be without basic users who are players? However, it just seems still disrespectful.

Weird and ignorant PT's
Respect to Slash, because he is doing a lot of job, but those PT's sometimes are just too ridiculous. And I'm not afraid to say it even in my PT's when I finish them. Same (or very similar) PT's from last season or just not related to hockey. Like, we had one about bingo this season. For real? Alright. Only personal opinion and others might like these type of PT's, but I thought it should be about hockey because this is a HOCKEY LEAGUE.

Media grading
Yeah. As a user who only gains SHL cash from contracts and media - it's a mess. Sometimes I go under limit and I don't have money for training. Then I decide to make a media (like this time). But there's a big chance if I will make it on Monday or Tuesday - I won't even be able to make a training that week. It might be graded only next week and money added to my balance too. And you aren't able to buy training by typing them that you will have money because your media is being graded at this moment. Well, at least I wans't, because they said it's not allowed. Weird. Not a big issue, but still happens once per season at least.

Toxicity
It's obvious that leagues like this are full of trolls and toxicity, but I think I'm old enough to understand that I don't want to surround myself around this stuff anymore. I don't read forum that much anymore, because it's toxic. I rather go to Dragons locker room on Discord and have some friendly talks or chats with people who are supportive.

I was a very active user here, but now I'm doing just simple tasks to earn some last TPE and these are the reasons why. Made this media just to get some cash for my last few seasons and trainings. Plus, I wanted to show people how slowly this league is going downhill. 

Don't get me wrong though - there are some positive stuff aswell and I'm not only about negativity here. It's cool to have a place where to do something you like. Hockey is a close sport to me and it's amazing. It's cool to talk with new people aswell and it's even more amazing to have such great teammates as Calgary Dragons. Love to be here! It's just frustrating to see things I mentioned above.

However, it was a really cool place to me, as I just said. It was cool to spend time achieving your hockey dream and talk with new people. I will still spend time here. I won't retire now - I'll see when my player is destroyed because of new regression rules and then I will do it. Maybe few seasons are left here. Will try to hold my player for as long as I can since I won't create a new one and I want to help Dragons win a championship. Good luck to everyone in IIHF, WJC, off-season and even in new season. Hope something will be fixed in the future, so users just don't dip.

1000+ words

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

I'm really sorry to hear that, St4r. It's been an absolute joy to have you on the Dragons, despite the unfortunate circumstances of having to leave Buffalo. You've been a pleasure to have around and it's always great to talk to you. I hope whatever happens life treats you the best, thank you for your time. I hope we can really work on as a League these issues and see if we can make things more enjoyable for everyone

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Hey St4r, coming from the experience of being co-commish I can atleast contest 2 of your ideas

Regression
Regression comes for everyone. Now it is unfortunate that you wont hit 2k TPE, but TPE inflation is real, and you pointed it out as you are almost hitting 2k TPE the season before you 'normally' regress. Take it back 10 seasons, back to S53 where I was peaking. I hit 2k TPE the start of the season in which I was regressing. Looking at your draft class, the current TPE leaders are
hockeyiscool 2074
Dextaria 2065
RotticusScott 1989
leafsftw1967 1984
Toast 1984
Renomitsu 1966
RabidSponge21 1963
st4rface 1945
lespoils 1935
Frick_Nasty 1875

Back when I was max earning, the highest average TPE/Season is 180/185. Nowadays it is 190/200. So over 10 seasons than an extra 'season' than what it normally is. I do not see this as destroying a player, moreso correcting a balance. Now you could say, lower the TPE you gain. But that would be a change over 20 seasons, rather than fixing it now. Now what is the "Peak" of a player, 5/6 seasons?

you get 3 seasons before you regress and 3 seasons after you regress of being an absolute top player?

[Image: New_Regression.PNG]

From what HO followed up on regression post. You would hit 1600 TPE your 4th season into regression, give or take. So you get S60 at 1600ish TPE, S61 at 1800 ish, S62 at 2k ish, S63 at 1900 ish, S64 at 1800 ish, S65 at 1700ish, S66 at 1600 ish.6 seasons in a good peak, and then continue to be a great player. Hell if you want an example I am one, playing well and im around 1200 TPE. Or Tony Pepperoni. According to the chart you get to 1200 between S69/S70 which would be 16th season of your player. A great career, and you could continue it.

I do not see the new scale as disrespectful to the user, but a correction of TPE inflation. And yeah HO has their opinions on it as well, I stepped down as conversations were seriously ramping up on the matter

HO not about the users
I can say first hand, HO and Commish is all about the users. From when I was in there to now. We hear every single suggestion and feedback on every single decisions. We reach out to users to gauge their opinion on things in order to gain a more holistic view of the situation. We try to do right by the userbase, and try to advance the league because this is a user based league, not a GM one. There has been countless conversations in my dms, or Gm chat, or other discords discussing why HO did something, whether that was right or wrong, it comes down to a user case by case. I know nour does the same. I know sean does the same now. In the end we are run the users and we want to do whats right for the users.

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

I also can’t be 100% sure, @Tomen could answer better, but I believe all your TPE counts until the time regression is due, therefore you will very likely hit 2,000 TPE if you’re 1,950 now

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

Quote:We reach out to users to gauge their opinion on things in order to gain a more holistic view of the situation. We try to do right by the userbase, and try to advance the league because this is a user based league, not a GM one. There has been countless conversations in my dms, or Gm chat, or other discords discussing why HO did something, whether that was right or wrong, it comes down to a user case by case. I know nour does the same. I know sean does the same now. In the end we are run the users and we want to do whats right for the users.

For what it's worth, the HO was the first to DM me about the incident in Edmonton, I found out I was cut from Edmonton from I believe Luke before I found out from Edmonton so on this, I'd say 100% the HO cares about the players. I also know I believe Luke went out of their way to promise to make it right. In the end it didn't work out but it really took the salt out of the wound to see HO try to work with me. 10 out of 10.

Okidokifiioki

UNFORTUNATE

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Hell yeah down with the regression system.

No regression without representation

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

as someone who wasn't punished enough by the current regression system im not recreating after my player because i've dominated enough to last many lifetimes.

For 2K TPE club, all TPE earned until 13 days after regression post counts. You'll easily make it.

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Don’t get me wrong - regression is needed, but I think it’s too fast. My player just had his sixth season in SHL and is already regressing. Weird. However, happy to see some opinions here.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

See ya

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

1000x more stress and less enjoyment of any league when bank balance is zero. I've experienced this in isfl.

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Sorry you don't like bingo, not sad to see you go

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Regression to fast here? (No one tell him about regression in other sim leagues)

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]