Create Account

Suggestion: Contract TPE

Reduce Hometown discount to 1 contract per team, and make a superstar contract. The highest tier contract on the team has to sign for double the minimum contract, minimum of 2 seasons.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]

Definitely an interesting idea. Adding more intricacies like this would be a fun way to spice things up.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Amazing idea which I would love to see and plenty others too, but I guess I rather skip this time. They are so worried about TPE inflantion that they might make regression after fifth season already with this scenario. :D

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

12-21-2021, 11:09 AMst4rface Wrote: Amazing idea which I would love to see and plenty others too, but I guess I rather skip this time. They are so worried about TPE inflantion that they might make regression after fifth season already with this scenario. :D

I intend to put forth a vote to make regression immediate for anyone who has uploaded music to SoundCloud.

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

12-21-2021, 11:37 AMKeygan Wrote:
12-21-2021, 11:09 AMst4rface Wrote: Amazing idea which I would love to see and plenty others too, but I guess I rather skip this time. They are so worried about TPE inflantion that they might make regression after fifth season already with this scenario. :D

I intend to put forth a vote to make regression immediate for anyone who has uploaded music to SoundCloud.
Seconded

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

12-21-2021, 11:37 AMKeygan Wrote:

Add instant retirement for anyone who has uploaded it on Spotify too.

Stars Stars Stars
[Image: aumy3.png]

@hotdog gimme 10x10 JODAN

[Image: lebbish.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 04:46 PM by grok.)

Honestly this is a pretty clever response to an issue I've been championing for years--there really isn't a reason for a player to ever take more than the minimum for their TPE band. In real life, money becomes things. In SHL, excess money just becomes a number. Trading cards might help push salaries up a little, but the most avid collectors will likely be people who already have banks in the tens of millions.

I hadn't really considered incentivising higher salaries, but I like that you're moving the conversation in that direction.

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 05:36 PM by leviadan.)

My thought would be that you'd have to rework it such that anyone taking their contract minimum would get 0 contract TPE. If I'm already making 6M a year, 11 TPE is just gravy. It wouldn't make since to hurt my team by asking for 8 or 9M just to get a very tiny TPE bump. But if staying at 6M gets me 0 TPE while 7 or 8M would get me 5 or 10 TPE every season, suddenly that becomes a bit more enticing, especially if I'm a TPE high score type player. It might be worth it to try and negotiate for 8M if it effectively gives me the equivalent of a fantasy win every season vs. getting nothing at 6M

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Perhaps a better system would be TPE for contracts over the minimum? To prevent the whole rich get richer if thats an issue?