Create Account

S62 Championship Week
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 05:13 PM by Ronniewalker.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.

Verification word: Victor Helstrom

Code:
2. Written, 3 TPE, GM stands for Great Man (150 words min.)
There have been some good and some bad GMs in SHL history. (Mostly bad) Pick a GM you think was outstanding and explain why you think they were one of the better GMs in SHL history. Point to trades/signings/trophy wins/locker rooms to support your claim.

I don’t have too much experience with different GMs in the SHL system, having only played for two teams and three GM tandems up to now, but they have all been great and very dedicated GMs and co-GMs.

Starting out with @Acsolap and @golden_apricot when I joined the Anchorage Armada, seeing the incredibly active locker room that they had fostered that had everyone from rookies to long-time alumni yammering away at it virtually all hours of the day and then also the dedication that they put in test simming and finding ways to bring out the best in their teams, I have no doubt that they will bring the same dedication and undoubtedly soon also success to the newly founded Philadelphia Forge franchise.

Their successors Gwdjohnson and Wearingabear were also very good as managers and even succeeded in bringing the franchise another Four-Star Cup, but it is kind of hard to gauge their true level, since they were essentially handed an already very well built franchise and locker room.

The same could arguably also be said of my next GMs on the Texas Renegades, @puolivalmiste and @RedCapeDiver, who had taken over the reins of a thorough rebuild started by the team’s previous management, but who in the last decade have certainly made their own mark on the team both in the locker room and on the ice. But while the foundation of this now two-time Challenge Cup winning lineup was put in place before them, most of the current lineup that finally completed the rebuild and achieved the current success is already for the most part their own making. And while they have long been overlooked for GM awards whether for a lack of blockbuster trades due to their commitment to their long-term plan of rebuilding through the draft, or simply the fact that the GM awards are for some reason also geared towards awarding regular season success, I think they have by now proven themselves to be among they very best GMs in the league. They have been able to keep together a growing locker room through the dog days of the early rebuild all the way to the top where they reside now, all the while drafting well to fill areas of need in the long term and in other cases not drafting at all to avoid unnecessary payroll issues that might hinder their success on the ice, now that they have reached that level. They have kept the team running without a hitch through unexpected league expansions and rule changes. They have put in the work to understand and successfully counter the league’s most devious tacticians. And they have the respect and trust and confidence of everyone on the team in that under their management the Texas Renegades star will keep shining for seasons yet to come. And while the Renegades are sometimes already regarded as part of the boring clique of perennial contenders, they are in fact themselves the living proof of the possibility of a successful rebuild even in today’s SHL!
(506 words)

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Rules (150 words min.)
There have been a lot of rule changes in the SHL. Where do you think these changes have gone right, where do you think they have gone wrong? Would you ever want to go back to a previous way of doing things? Do you think the SHL is fine as is?

I haven’t been around for too many rule changes yet, but let’s see what I can remember from my relatively short time.

First is probably the change in divisional setup that came along with the two new expansion teams in S60. While it was obviously great that the Great Lakes division was split up and abolished, it can’t really be said that it made those teams that made that division so dominant any less dominant. It didn’t even seem to help the perceived ‘little lake’ Toronto team gain much traction, as they have still struggled to even make the playoffs in the few seasons since, despite being though of as perhaps the main beneficiaries of the change. Also, while it’s nice that we no longer have that silly first round bye for division winners in the playoffs, the divisional playoff format that continually, if unwittingly, just happens to pit the main championship contenders in both conferences against each other in already the second round is in my opinion quite ill suited for the makeup of this league. It would be better if the playoff brackets would strictly follow conference seeding with no regard to divisions.

Secondly, while I’m not expressly against the new regression rules, I’m still on the fence about whether it was the right decision to bring the start of regression forward one season when we are also planning to condense the season schedule starting next season, which should in itself also start to diminish the reported TPE inflation. So it will be two simultaneous fixes for the one thing which seems to me may well end up overcompensating for the issue that they are trying to fix.
(280 words)

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. What is worth more to you, a cup win in the FHM era or the STHS era?
b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?
d. Who is the best player to NOT make the final in the past 2 years?

A. I haven’t been around for long enough to see and experience the STHS era, but with the way FHM is described as more predictable and STHS as more random, it could be said that this makes the FHM championships somewhat more valuable, since less randomness implies a greater reliance on skills, whether it be of the players’, managers or coaching teams’ or more likely a good balance of all these aspects.
(71 words)

B. With all due respect to the Los Angeles Panthers and their great playoff run up to the conference finals, I do think that they would have succumbed to either Texas or Chicago if they had met one of them already in the second round. In the eastern conference it’s a bit harder to single out a clear underdog in the conference finals, as I think any of Hamilton, Baltimore and Buffalo would have been a wholly believable finalist.
(78 words)

Code:
11a. Written, 2 TPE - The Procrastinator Special! (100 words min.)
Welp, you waited until the last day to grind out your CW and the CC finals are longggggggg over by now. congrats to [TEAM], woo! Was it an exciting final, or predictable? Is one team the clear winner?

Despite being lamented beforehand as the most boring possible finals matchup and the very (unfairly) one-sided final score that the same matchup ended with last season, the S62 finals turned out to be one of the most exciting, tightly fought back-and-forth finals series in what seems like a very long time! Or maybe it just seemed that way to me since I was on one of the teams :D But it was really an incredibly entertaining series to watch, with numerous huge momentum shifts! Probably the biggest shocker (or well, in Hamilton’s case it was probably even predictable actually) was Hamilton scoring 2 goals in the final minute of regulation to force overtime in Game 5 and then of course promptly winning it too. What seemed like the moment when Hamilton finally started to do their ‘thing’ and break the sim and run away with another championship - turned out to be the last win that they got in the series, as Texas proved to be of stronger stuff this time around and came back to tie the series again in Game 6 and then finally also claimed the cup with another hard fought win in the deciding Game 7. When did we last see such drama in the SHL finals?!
(211 words)

Code:
12. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

4 milestones achieved, claiming 3 TPE

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 05:54 PM by High Stick King.)

SMJHL Milestones +3 TPE

WSBL Affiliate: Task #2 + 3 TPE

WSBL Affiliate: Task #7 + 3 TPE

WSBL Affiliate: Task #10 + 3 TPE

WSBL Affiliate: Task #11 + 3 TPE

Quote:6a. What is worth more to you, a cup win in the FHM era or the STHS era?
This is a really easy answer since I was not around in the STHS era. I would choose the FHM era as it is all that I know in regards to this league. Obviously winning is the main goal but just being in a competitive environment with people who are having fun is more important than the cup in itself.

[ 60 words ] + 1 TPE

Quote:6b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
I had Chicago as my pick so having them lose to Texas was a real downer for my bracket. I have no idea how much different the match-ups ended up influencing the finals. I know it is a hot topic in the league with the regression system but honestly I am just trying not to be too overly concerned with that stuff as it can detract from the enjoyment. Understandable why people are concerned, just not something I like to focus on at this time.

[ 85 words ] + 1 TPE

Quote:6c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?
I've lost teams to relocation and it sucks ass as a fan. So I would do what I could to keep the franchise there for those 5 fans. Imagine how awesome it would be to have almost any seat in the building? If I am absolutely being forced to relocated them then I go with whatever city gives me the most smoking hot deal to move them there. I'm not running a charity here.

[ 74 words ] + 1 TPE

Quote:6d. Who is the best player to NOT make the final in the past 2 years?
I mean it is pretty obvious that it is Atlanta's Gabriel Johnson. This golden god of a gnome-dabbing SOB is worth two of any other limp-line defender in the league. 45 points in 66 games played, I could go on and on but the point is that he does it all. I hope to see this remedied next season, appreciate it.

[ 61 words ] + 1 TPE

19/16 (just to be safe)

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 06:25 PM by Vaxlare.)

Affiliate 1-3: PBE +9 TPE

Affiliate 4: ISFL +3 TPE

Task #1: +3 TPE
Verification Word: TriviaKing
Victor Helstrom

Task #21: +2 TPE
HO didn't feel like making a job posting for PT Director so they just decided that I was the best to decide who the newest PT director is. Congratulations @SlashACM ! He was just selected by me as the newest PT director. Maybe to you and others this is torture, but I personally enjoy the PT's you have come up with. Now that I have committed all my time to sim leagues, I have seen topics with zero thought in them. You are at least trying to put thought it. Plus you handle the crap people are slinging pretty well which is always a very sought after ability. I will also bump the pay to 55 million per season and give a PT/AC/CW pass which is probably something you already get.

Code:
132 Words

[Image: dangle.png]
     Sig Credit: Ragnar
[Image: vaxlare.png]
Sig Credit: Moosey

Falcons  |  Raptors | Stampede |  Patriotes |  Czechia
[Image: vokU6Ra.png]     [Image: 0ioPVRj.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 06:08 PM by ZootTX.)

PBE Affiliate CW + 12 TPE
S62 milestones +2 TPE
CW Trivia, verification word: burrito +3 TPE

[Image: zootshl.gif]
Sig credits: OrbitingDeath & enigmatic

[Image: hUtg6sH.png][Image: Voi7GNj.png]

Timber Scarecrows pride Aurora France
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2021, 06:31 AM by the5urreal.)

Code:
1. CW TRIVIA, 3 TPE max - 1 TPE for participation, 0.5 TPE for each correct answer. This is completed through a Google form linked below. Make sure to spell your answers correctly or you will not get credit. Post your verification word in your CW post.
moist
Victor Helstrom
+3 TPE

Code:
6. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
b. Be honest, would we have seen the same final 4 as last year (Chicago, Texas, Hamilton, Buffalo) had BUF/HAM and TEX/CHI not run into each other in the second round?
c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise?
a) I think winning a cup during the STHS era or FHM era is equally important. What I believe is more valuable is winning a cup within the first couple seasons of each era. At that point, sim engine is more or less equally unknown. Now, in the days when everyone is pretty familiar with FHM and others will do whatever it takes to win, it’s much less impressive. [68 words]
b) If last season’s final four didn’t meet in the quarterfinals of this season, I absolutely believe we’d be looking at the same four teams in the semifinals again. I think this speaks less to the strength of the four teams (some more than others) and more to their mastery of the sim engine. [53 words]
d) I think it goes without saying that what Ryuuji Minamino achieved this season is pretty remarkable. He was a one man wrecking crew on a historically strong Chicago team that was only tripped up because they ran into Texas in the quarterfinals. That said, he is without a doubt the best player to not make it into the finals the last two seasons. [63 words]
+3 TPE

Code:
7. Graphic, 2 TPE, This one's for Seymour
Design a championship ring for either team. Yeah you can use the ring site. Here's a link to the ring site: https://designer.trophysmack.com/productdesigner/index/index/id/97/template/MTUz/cid/MzMwMDA2MzU2Mjk2Mjk=
[Image: kjPEC0E.png]
+2 TPE

Code:
Milestones are folded in with CW. So just link your Milestone claim as task 12 for up to 3 TPE towards your 16 total.

Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your CW submission. This is done because the person who grades CW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.
MILESTONES
+3 TPE

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
hahahahahaha remember this task from last season? The one where everyone was like "nah we're good, tampa and BAP will be in the finals soon and you'll see that the old guard will make way for the new young teams". Now that we have the exact same fucking teams in the final again, let me ask, is parity an issue in the SHL? How do we combat this?
I’ve been in the SHL, the only sim league I’ve ever been in, for a total of three seasons. I don’t know how this is handled in other sim leagues or if it is even an issue outside of the SHL. That said, knowing now how contracts work and the bonds that are formed among the people on each team, it does not surprise me that this is a problem. I don’t think there are any easy ways to “fix” it either. Creating a rule that would add a maximum amount of time a player could spend on any one team could see lots of backlash, and if that player isn’t willing to leave the team, it is easy for them to quit/become inactive or just recreate. Any rule would need to be pretty complex in nature and penalties for players who do not follow the rule or become inactive would need to be strict to at least deter players from quitting if they were forced to change teams or go through free agency. I don’t see this changing any time soon. [183 words]
+3 TPE

Code:
15. Written, 2 TPE, The yearly IIHF task (100 words min.)
Write your predictions for this year's IIHF tournament or WJC if you care about that more. Will there be surprises? Will any players make their country proud? Who's gonna suck? Be bold!
Considering I'm in the WJC, I'll write about that. The quarterfinals just completed, but my top 5 picks were UCORCAL, Canada, USA, British Isles, and Sweden. I think the obvious huge disappointment was Team Sweden who did not even make the playoffs. After that, UCORCAL did not live up to expectations. They are more stacked than any other team and only went .500 with a negative goal differential. Finland was the big surprise, finishing second just behind Canada. Finland and Canada were both somehow upended by the 7 seed Team DACH and 8 seed Team World respectively. This sets up a potential finals meeting between USA and British Isles where I predict Team USA successfully defending the gold medal and taking home back to back WJC championships. I think Team DACH ends the Team World miracle run and takes home the bronze. [142 words]
+2 TPE

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 12:56 PM by kenvald.)

Code:
thisword

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Draft Busts (150 words min.)
There are a lot of "could-have-been" draft picks in the SHL, but let's have some fun thinking about someone that busted hard. Write about their potential and where they were picked, and how that franchise could look *if* they had in fact panned out.
I'm gonna write this from my own experience as a GM. My biggest draft bust. Grandmaster Funk. We drafted Funk at 4/5. We owned both of those picks after I traded up specifically to make sure we would get Funk. Honestly I probably didn't even need to trade up that far. Could potentially taken Funk in the 2nd round from the rumors we heard and the apparent shock of some people when we said Funk's name at 4/5.

We went in so hard to get Funk because we really clicked during scouting. If I remember correctly he'd had a slow start in the J but was excited to go all in and max-earn from that point on. We had a couple representatives from New England talk to Funk before we took the decision to trade up for them. Everyone loved Funk, and Funk loved New England.

After we drafted Funk they were everything we expected. A great LR presence and going hard to be the best player they could be. But then one day they stopped. Barely talked. Didn't do PTs.
There are no hard feelings, because I know real life came in the way. But trading up to 5OA to pick a player that amounted to nothing might be in the top-5 worst draft busts.

Code:
As a player not on HAM or any of the other top-4 teams, winning a cup in the FHM era would be a lot more prestigious compared to STHS. STHS is known for its upsets and somewhat random results. Winning it all in STHS is therefore easier than FHM. As long as you're not on one of the top-4 teams, of course.

Code:
HAM was clearly not about to lose to anyone in the Eastern Conference. But I think there would've been a chance for BAP to defeat BUF. At least, that's a small bit of hope I try to hold on to. HAM wouldn't have lost to anyone other than TEX, and vice versa. But a HAM/BAP/TEX/CHI final 4 wouldn't have been impossible.

Code:
I would relocate the Hamilton franchise to Stockholm, Minnesota which has a population of 6. It's most likely the closest we'll ever be to seeing a team in the SHL sporting a Swedish city name. So if I can't have a team in the real Sweden I can settle for having a team in American Sweden.

Code:
With no hesitation I'm gonna say Karl Krashwagen. He's been the MVP for BAP for what feels like a decade and even as he's getting older Karl is performing on an amazing level. He's not the best player on BAP anymore, but damn if he doesn't deserve at least being part of a finals game before regression takes him.

Code:
+3

Code:
14. Written, 3 TPE, Blow it up (150 words min.)
In your opinion, which team is on track to completely sell off all assets and begin a long rebuild? A few teams are already in the midst of this, but what teams are watching their window slowly close and need to get younger soon in order to start the climb back to the top?
There are a few teams that I'm sure at least are thinking about starting a re-build by now. If I had to pick one, I'm gonna say Toronto. After completing their previous re-build with a really strong squad they were never able to place above either Buffalo or Hamilton. And in the last two seasons New England came along with our mostly finished re-build and placed higher than Toronto. They have a good set of younger players, but most of their core still consists of the stars from the previous re-build. Meaning that their players are now losing more TPE overall than gaining.

They might have the option to go into a re-tool instead of a full on re-build. But unfortunately it's looking like they need to do something bigger. With only one prospect, and two players younger than S59. It's likely time to ship out some of those older players and start adding to that list of prospects.

[Image: sBUQCq8.png]

Past Players

PT Pass

[Image: outlaws2.png]  [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]  Mathias Seger #15 | Player page | Update page [Image: outlaws2.png] [Image: switzerland2.png] [Image: monarchs.png]
[Image: Segi.gif] 
Sigs by Donini, RainDelay, Fever and OrbitingDeath

PBE PT (Four tasks)

SHL Milestones +3

Code:
There have been some good and some bad GMs in SHL history. (Mostly bad) Pick a GM you think was outstanding and explain why you think they were one of the better GMs in SHL history. Point to trades/signings/trophy wins/locker rooms to support your claim.

I think my current GM's, Fuzz and TheDangaZone, are both outstanding GM's and have been great for the Los Angeles Panthers franchise. When they took over the Panthers weren't really anything to write home about, but these two great GM's have built up both the locker room and the in-sim squad. This season we advanced to the Western finals in the playoffs and nearly advanced to the SHL finals where we would have the privilege to get beaten by Hamilton. This is a big step after we haven't been able to advance past the first round of the playoffs in seasons past. This is because our GM's have acquired some great players. It also shows in the locker room that we have. They have cultivated a great group of people and the Los Angeles locker room is a ton of fun to spend time in. I am grateful for all that they've done and that they have given Jimmy Slothface a home in Los Angeles to finish out his SHL career.

171 words

[Image: 66818_s.gif]

+3 ISFL Affiliation

Code:
Victor Helstrom  - Wood

Code:

A. Obviously, to me, the FHM era is worth more to me as I have never been able to play in the STHS era. Though the parity is not as good as it used to be, it is nice to have more skill required in setting up and running a team.
B. Yes, these teams would of been in the final four once again. These teams have a history of gaming the system and really understand what is needed to have a successful team in the simulation hockey league. There is no reason to believe they would of not made it again.
C. I would 100% relocate Hamilton to Columbus, Ohio. The Columbus city deserves a team in the Simulation Hockey League as we are well deserving of another hockey team. This would fill a void in the midwest and give the city the recognition it deserves. Not to mention there are a huge number of members of the Simulation Hockey League that live in Columbus.
D. To me, the easy answer here is all the 2K+ players that were not on the big 4 teams. On top of that, the way it is going, there will be no change. If I was a member of this prestigious club, I would do everything I could to join one of those teams. At this point, it is the only way to get a cup in the Simulation Hockey League.

Code:
13. Written, 3 TPE, Parody (150 words min.)
hahahahahaha remember this task from last season? The one where everyone was like "nah we're good, tampa and BAP will be in the finals soon and you'll see that the old guard will make way for the new young teams". Now that we have the exact same fucking teams in the final again, let me ask, is parity an issue in the SHL? How do we combat this?
Yes, parity is an issue in the league. I believe there are a number of things Head Office can do to combat this. I believe that the first step is to upgrade to Franchise Hockey Manager 8 so that the setting can be used to prevent people from changing the commissioner password, thus preventing sim testing. This would cause general managers to actually watch the games to see what worked and did not work. And it would make wholesale changes impossible in the game without a huge amount of risk. Second, to reinforce the idea, I would create a rule that if anyone brings proof that a team or person is attempting to get around this system, the person should have to defend themselves against the appeals committee and if found guilty, receive an automatic ban for 6 months. The person that found the cheater should be rewarded in some way (preferably discreetly) in a huge manner. That way it prevents people from trying to break the rules and rewards anyone who helps to keep the spirit of the league. This league is about having fun and should not be about test simming for hours on end to find the best tactics.

Code:
In your opinion, which team is on track to completely sell off all assets and begin a long rebuild? A few teams are already in the midst of this, but what teams are watching their window slowly close and need to get younger soon in order to start the climb back to the top?
As a current member of the San Francisco Pride, I can feel that our time to restart is slowly coming. Maybe not a full scale rebuild but at least a mini rebuild. Some of the high tier players will soon enter a harsh regression and it may not be possible to replace their talent in a meaningful amount of time. Hopefully, this new regression scale helps in the long run, but the growing pains will still be there. All this being said, with the lack of new talent in the league, the bigger question is when do we compress the league size to handle the draft classes of less than 40 a class. Right now, the second round is essentially going to be useless as all the players that are active will be long gone by then. I for one hope that the recruitment team does a great job with a new head and we are not heading down the path of a dying league with people going back to work and no longer wanted to exist in these leagues in their free time.

Japan Outlaws Blizzard  Blizzard Outlaws Japan

[Image: Talls.gif]

[Image: aAYvaDO.png][Image: wFihEpr.png][Image: FcT7qtH.png][Image: NwdnVLP.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: o2NPreS.png]

CW pass

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

4 ISFL Tasks for 12 TPE

sdhjajafejhasjh

Probably a FHM era cup honestly. A STHS era cup was based more on luck than actually building a super good team and putting time into tactics, so it requires more skilled GMs. It does though reduce the parity of the league, but I think with a little bit of work we can make it more fair overall, and still not based entirely on luck.

12 +3 +1 = 16

[Image: BriePK.gif]
|Canada |Steelhawks| Armada|

|Canada| Inferno| Knights|

[Image: unknown.png]

(This post was last modified: 12-21-2021, 07:32 PM by EricNCSU.)

Milestones + 3 

Trivia +3 
Verification: Renes

Code:
Obviously, I can't answer a prompt like this without shouting out Dankoa@dankoa, Puoli @puolivalmiste and RedCapeDiver@RedCapeDiver for the job they have done in Texas.  From a 9 win team 9 seasons ago to now battling for our second Cup championship within the last four seasons.  Other than losing some players to expansion, this has been an incredibly tight group.  All drafted by Texas and coming up through the system.  No trades, no big flashy FA signings, all just done organically and then encouraging us to stay, and stay the course, and now here we are.  Texas was a rough place (on and off the ice) when I got drafted there, but Dan had built a framework and had a long term plan in place.  He handed it off to Pouli and RCD and they executed it to a T.  I don't know what will happen next season, with 3 S53 guys and 2 S54 guys, the new regression will hit us hard. But it's possible it hits everyone the same.  No matter what though, the work put in by those three guys to get us to where we are now cannot go unsung. (192 words) +3 

Code:
20. Written, 3 TPE, Free Advertising 150 words min
If you're in another sim league and are using 4 of those CW tasks here, you can do this task to advertise that league in your CW. What league is it? Is it fun? How does it work? What are the pros/cons of that league, especially in comparison to the SHL?

Ironically, I am using the CW from here to count for the other leagues CW, but I figured I'd use this opportunity to shout out the other league anyway.  The other league I am in is the ISFL.  It's a sim football league, but it's similar to the SHL in that it has a "junior" league and a major league.  I dont know if other leagues have this, but it's a fun way to get new folks into the league, as opposed to riding the bench for 3 or 4 seasons.  The Pros are that it's fun! Come on, it's football! The Cons would be in my mind, the banking and training type stuff is not as polished as in SHL, and the teams are smaller, counterinuitively, even though football rosters are much bigger, there's not as much duplication as you would have on a real team.  There's (typically) only 1 QB, 1 TE, 1-2 WR's, 1-2 RBs, 1 kicker, etc.  So the team locker rooms can seem quite small, with only 6-7 "active" players.  Offense and defensive line are often played by "bots" and in the lower league even skill players can be bots, although that is rare. (199 words) + 3

Code:
After finishing the last three season at the bottom (or damn near) Winnipeg might be looking to blow things up. Although, I don't know if any big flashy trades or anything like that would be in order.  Some decisions are going to be made for them, to a certain extent.  An S46 winger with <800 TPE is gonna drop to sub-500 after regression, and a 160 TPE back up goalie is gonna get regressed into non-existence most likely, although they do have a prospect goalie to replace them with.  They do have a very deep prospect pool, so they could certainly do some of the work in house.  The don't appear to have any pending free agents, so it would require some of the older players to retire or maybe request a trade.  I dont think the Aurora need to do anything super drastic, considering what they have to work with, but some tweaks may be in order while the wait for the young guard to come up. (168 words) +3 

Code:

Clearly, you have to relocate the team to Niagara Falls. It's fairly close by, you get a lot of tourist traffic, you can hand out free tickets and at least get butts in the seats buying hotdogs and beers.  Probably rename the team too, something Falls related, the Daredevils or the Fall Guys or something. Who knows. Should be fun though. You can even keep the blue and silver color scheme! (76 words) + 1

Claim: 16

[Image: hudson.png]

Code:

VW: pablo

Code:

Milestones

Code:
6c. Hamilton has a population of roughly 5 people. Where would you relocate the franchise? 50 words, 1 TPE

I would locate the franchise to Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario instead. Keeps the franchise in Ontario, gets it away from Toronto, and goes to a place with a cool name. Bonus points for ignoring Ottawa because Ottawa doesn't deserve a hockey team. They could become the Sault Ste. Marie Steelhawks which in my honest opinion is a way cooler name than the Hamilton Steelhawks so they should definitely do this relocation. (71 words)

WSBL CW Affiliate 1-3 (9 TPE)

3 + 3 + 1 + 9 = 16

[Image: Jepox.gif]
(This post was last modified: 12-20-2021, 08:51 PM by Raven.)

WSBL CW claim 3 tasks +9

+ 9

Code:

p a r i t y

+ 3

Code:

2 milestones earned

+2

Code:
21. Written, 2 TPE, No take backs 100 words min
HO didn't feel like making a job posting for PT Director so they just put you in charge of picking the new one. So elect a new PT director, tag them, and explain why you think they'd be a great fit for the job. Or just someone you want to torture.

@OrbitingDeath hello friend you are now the new director of PTs. I know you already have a busy life being a father, husband, working man and designated graphic guy for the Honolulu Hahalua, but now I am also making you the director of PTs. What could be better than having to think up of a new point task every week (2 point tasks even if you decide to keep the fun and varied pts going). While you have to take care of the kids and keep the wife happy. Well best of luck buddy, I know you are able to balance all of these responsibilities no problem.

[107 words]

+ 2

16/16 TPE

[Image: 43436_s.gif]
Thank you Fever, sköldpaddor and OD for the amazing sigs!
Heart  Militia Montreal Impact/Militia Militia-Old Heart
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2021, 10:21 AM by hhh81.)

You are allowed to link 4 tasks from ISFL, PBE, or WBSL CW. Every ISFL, PBE or WSBL task linked will be worth 3 TPE for the SHL’s championship week task. (Maximum of 12). *if you’re claiming this and have a different username on the affiliate's site then you need to state that in your post to get credit.

CLAIMING 9 TPE FROM WSBL CW

Code:

VW: magic

Code:
C. Easy, if I was able to purchase the Hamilton Steelhawks and become their new owner, right after I fire Hallsy I would relocate the team to Cleveland, OH, and finally fix the injustice of there being no Ohio representation across the four major sim leagues (ISFL, PBE, SHL, and WSBL). They would be the Cleveland Emeralds and it would be awesome. They would still be geographically close to many of the peers from their current division, saving the league headaches of relocating. The hardest part would be fumigating the culture of Hamilton's organization.

D. (just in case someone thinks my above PT is too mean and refuses to give me TPE, here's this). The best player to not make the finals the past two years is Ryuuji Minamino. Dude put on an offensive clinic this season and is probably the best player in the world right now. They ran into the powerful Texas franchise deep in their window, and just couldn't pull it out. I would be kind of excited to see what Minamino could do in the finals. Maybe one day we'll find out.

Code:

+3 TEEPS

Code:
18. Written, 3 TPE, Apocalypse Now 150 words min
In the not so distant future (s64), 4 Texas Hamilton finals in a row have seen most of the SHLers quit out of spite. Only a select few remain. Head Office reeeeaaally likes having 20 teams so they have now allowed every user to have 5 players to fill the void of everyone who left. Name your other 4 players that aren't your current player, select their positions, and decide their focus and path in the league. Postulate where they end up after the draft and how the players pan out.
Okay, this is a trap, and I refuse to play along. My recreate is staying close to the GD vest, sirs. I will not get Izzy'd.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]