Create Account

HIRED: PT Director
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2022, 03:37 PM by Rangerjase.)

Hello SHL,

Unfortunately @SlashACM has to step down from the position. We would like first and foremost to thank him for his time and effort. We would also like to announce that we're opening the position of PT Director for applications. The deadline for applications is the 16th of January, 2022 at midnight. So, exactly 3 weeks from this posting.

The pay is 8,000,000 a season and a PT Pass

With how important the job is we feel that making sure all the energy goes into creating creative and fun PT's along with scheduling PT posts and such should be the priority. As well as remembering closing PT's and predictions.

To apply for this job, please send @nour or @Keygan a PM either here or on Discord (nour#1420) containing the following information:

Code:
Username:
How long have you been on the SHL for:
Previous SHL job experience/skills you can bring:
What about this job interests you:
What are some new ideas you’d like to bring to the role:
Any other relevant information:

Best of luck to all applicants, and thank you again to Slash for the time you put into the job.

Deadline for applications is the 16th of January, 2022.

On behalf of the SHL Head Office,
Keygan

Congratulations to @leviadan who will be working with Slash this season and will take over as the sole PT director starting next season!

[Image: LB6bY06.gif] [Image: tanner.png]

12-26-2021, 10:48 PMKeygan Wrote: As well as remembering closing PT's and predictions.

Pfft that's not important

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

only 8 mil lmaoooo

[Image: Pythonic.gif] [Image: Championship_Sig.png]

[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png] [Image: 2sRs0Cq.png]

Hoping that everyone who criticized @SlashACM about the PTs get in line to apply, it's gonna be a long line i suppose.

But now it's your chance to do it right, right?

12-27-2021, 08:12 AMOpera_Phantom Wrote: Hoping that everyone who criticized @SlashACM about the PTs get in line to apply, it's gonna be a long line i suppose.

Yeah and when Gary Bettman steps down as Commissioner of the NHL the entire fanbase finna apply for that too

Perfect comparison. Someone who makes 7M a year to do a job professionally vs someone who does it for free to help a sim league online grow and retain their players.

No idea how i missed that tbh.

Gary bettman actually did his job incredibly well tbh I'll take it

[Image: unknown.png]

UsaScarecrowsBlizzardSpecters | [Image: specterspp.png][Image: spectersupdate.png] | TimberArmadaSpectersFinland

[Image: cainbanner_35.jpg]

Clearly the solution is to offer the new PT director $7M IRL and give them the ability to shut down the league.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

12-27-2021, 08:51 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
12-27-2021, 08:12 AMOpera_Phantom Wrote: Hoping that everyone who criticized @SlashACM about the PTs get in line to apply, it's gonna be a long line i suppose.

Yeah and when Gary Bettman steps down as Commissioner of the NHL the entire fanbase finna apply for that too
Yeah. I might get you to look over my presentation when the time comes to make sure it’s the best it can be.

12-27-2021, 01:32 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Clearly the solution is to offer the new PT director $7M IRL and give them the ability to shut down the league.

Wait. Now i do want the job. I'll even sign if i don't have the power to shut down the league to sweeten the deal.

12-27-2021, 12:00 PMOpera_Phantom Wrote: Perfect comparison. Someone who makes 7M a year to do a job professionally vs someone who does it for free to help a sim league online grow and retain their players.

The point i was making is that people are allowed to complain without applying for the job themselves. It doesn't matter if Its a real job or not, it's a stupid argument, always has been and always will be.

Everyone complain about Bettman and boo him without having a good reason and most people couldn't do anywhere near as good a job, while on the other hand a monkey could probably do the PT director job as good as your common SHL user.

my hot take in all of this is that PT director should, like HO, be a rotating position that one user holds for a one or two season term with no pressure to reapply if they don’t want to in order to prevent burnout because this stuff is HARD and people are ungrateful.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

12-27-2021, 06:32 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
12-27-2021, 12:00 PMOpera_Phantom Wrote: Perfect comparison. Someone who makes 7M a year to do a job professionally vs someone who does it for free to help a sim league online grow and retain their players.

The point i was making is that people are allowed to complain without applying for the job themselves. It doesn't matter if Its a real job or not, it's a stupid argument, always has been and always will be.

Everyone complain about Bettman and boo him without having a good reason and most people couldn't do anywhere near as good a job, while on the other hand a monkey could probably do the PT director job as good as your common SHL user.

The only thing here is that you, or everyone that complained about it, should put their name in the applicants for it, so that we can see how better you/they would do. That's what separates the "monkeys" from the monkeys. You can complain about damn everything you want in here, but at least do it with some ideas and/or willingness to help. Because there's good and bad criticism.

And yet again, you keep comparing a free sim league run by volunteers that take time out of their lives to help run this, with a fucking million dollar paid job, like it helps the point you're trying to make.

All i'm saying is, and i'm only saying it because it was ridiculous at times, for everyone who was unhappy to put their money where their mouth is. Or whatever is the saying.

I will say, the grading team behind the PT director is great Smile

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

applied

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]