Create Account

HIRED: PT Director
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2021, 11:00 PM by Samsung virtual assistant.)

12-27-2021, 07:34 PMOpera_Phantom Wrote:
12-27-2021, 06:32 PMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote: The point i was making is that people are allowed to complain without applying for the job themselves. It doesn't matter if Its a real job or not, it's a stupid argument, always has been and always will be.

Everyone complain about Bettman and boo him without having a good reason and most people couldn't do anywhere near as good a job, while on the other hand a monkey could probably do the PT director job as good as your common SHL user.

The only thing here is that you, or everyone that complained about it, should put their name in the applicants for it, so that we can see how better you/they would do. That's what separates the "monkeys" from the monkeys. You can complain about damn everything you want in here, but at least do it with some ideas and/or willingness to help. Because there's good and bad criticism.

And yet again, you keep comparing a free sim league run by volunteers that take time out of their lives to help run this, with a fucking million dollar paid job, like it helps the point you're trying to make.

All i'm saying is, and i'm only saying it because it was ridiculous at times, for everyone who was unhappy to put their money where their mouth is. Or whatever is the saying.

I dont do PTs outside of mocks really because it sucks and is just a choir that probably 95% of the userbase wouldnt do if they didn't "have to". I also havent complained about slash or any other PT director before him. I just find the whole "You cant complain if you cant do it better/are willing to do it yourself" that people use ridiculous.

I took my example to the extreme because he's probably the most shat on dude in hockey, the sport of which this league try to emulate, but nobody would apply for the job, despite being paid that much. If anything the comparison is a compliment to slash.

We can take Player Updater as an example of a SHL job that gets a lot of shit from time to time, a group i've been part of and defended a lot well after i stepped down. If an updater is bad and gets shit i still wouldnt think that anyone complaining should apply for it to prove how good they are, lol. I also wouldnt expect people that tells me im bad at fantasy managing to apply for the job just to see if there willing to do it themselves.

Just because you're working for free(but you get the perk of not having to do media for money or PTs for TPE for it), you arent immune to get shit on. Any PT director will probably get shit on though because wordpooping about what your fake personas off-season training looks like 5 times a year is boring. I cant remember anyone with either better or worse PTs than under Slash, they all blend together because theres only so much to write about before it gets reused. The amount of people that stays or leave depending on the weekly PTs quality is minimal though so as long as there's 1 applicant the league is Gucci.

I havent seen any criticism outside of what st4rface(i think) wrote i think, the point still stands. People arent obligated to apply for a job just because they think the one holding it is doing it poorly. /shrug

Slash, I thought you did a great job. No one is ever going to be happy with the PT prompts, and when people got a stick up their ass about some prompts, you gave us a (hopefully permanent) option of doing a second, more generic prompt. It's a shame people don't have more fun with this league, like they do with the PBE or ISFL.

[Image: FJPVyys.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-28-2021, 08:26 AM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Please someone take the chance to apply and get rid of CW for the good of everyone!

Also great job Slash, I never understood why you got so much shit from some people. I for one liked what you did for the PT system and the new things that you tried, and even if someone didn't like it personally the stuff you did wasn't so radical that it would warrant all the pushback that it got from a portion of the userbase. At the same time I also agree with Sweg though, "You can only criticize someone if you could to do their job better" is a shitty argument, both here and in real life. So I can only criticize a corrupt politician or a doctor who misdiagnosed me or the guy making me a bad sandwich if I were able to take all these jobs on myself? Same goes for online communities, I can only criticize a forum admin on a power trip or a HO-member who ignores the userbase if I'm ready to take on their jobs? That's just a bullshit line of thinking. There are better ways to defend Slash from the unwarranted criticism than this.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

12-27-2021, 02:51 PMOpera_Phantom Wrote:
12-27-2021, 01:32 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Clearly the solution is to offer the new PT director $7M IRL and give them the ability to shut down the league.

Wait. Now i do want the job. I'll even sign if i don't have the power to shut down the league to sweeten the deal.
I'll do it without the 7mil, I only want the power to shut down the league.

[Image: awesomecakes.gif]
[Image: beautifulphoenix.gif]

Applied

[Image: blurrybad.jpg] [Image: zomboy3.png]
Thank you Brandon, Fish, GeckoeyGecko, Karey, Kit, takethehorizon, and Ragnar for the sigs!
[Image: Pw202QP.jpeg]

Player Page || Update page

Shore

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

12-28-2021, 08:46 AMJobin Wrote:
12-27-2021, 02:51 PMOpera_Phantom Wrote: Wait. Now i do want the job. I'll even sign if i don't have the power to shut down the league to sweeten the deal.

I'll do it without the 7mil, I only want the power to shut down the league.

applied.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

12-27-2021, 08:51 AMSamsung virtual assistant Wrote:
12-27-2021, 08:12 AMOpera_Phantom Wrote: Hoping that everyone who criticized @SlashACM about the PTs get in line to apply, it's gonna be a long line i suppose.

But now it's your chance to do it right, right?

Yeah and when Gary Bettman steps down as Commissioner of the NHL the entire fanbase finna apply for that too
Yes!! Also if people are complaining on how poorly they think something is run, either do something to fix it or fuck off imo

the average NHL fan would 100% want to work in the NHL I would definitely take over the Commish job in the NHL and most people would (it’s a 9m a year gif, that more then most people make in a lifetime), but obviously we have like 0 potential way to do something in this small community anyone can help out so if people really wanna bash slash that much they should put their money where their mouth is and contribute

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

Congratulations to @leviadan who will be working with Slash this season and will take over as the sole PT director starting next season!

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Congrats!

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

processed

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

01-18-2022, 04:58 PMSerpe x 13 Wrote: processed

[Image: i-dont-know-if-youre-allowed-to-do-that-...binson.gif]

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=65fe67b4&is=65ebf2b4&hm=a6...46085eb3f&]