Create Account

S63 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions):

Code:
- Player Name:

- Position:

- Recreate or First-Gen?

- Recreates: Who was your last player?

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?

- [b]Full[/b] Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):

SMJHL GMs Questions (14 questions):

Code:
- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

- Is water wet?

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team?

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room?

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

- How do you feel about walruses?

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?

- What do you value in your team locker room?

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

Reward
6 TPE for completing all the questions.

Only S63 SMJHL Rookies (S64 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
The start of the S63 SMJHL draft

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 10:47 AM by Snussu.)

- Player Name: Outdoor Truck

- Position: LW

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Tinke Jutila!

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Snussu#8020

- Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey?
I am. PBE rn only. Used to be in ISFL, EFL, VHL, SBA, GOMHL
Many, Depending on the week
- Is water wet?
Yes, but no
- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team?
Good Locker room! Winning is fun and all, but good LR banter is the best
- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
Tbh what ever the SHL team needs. They dont have a rush and can keep me down for 4 season? Sure, why not. If they have need of players and want me up after 2 season? Fine with that too
Its active, Ppl can talk about anything and laugh with each others.
No
They are my soul animals with Koalas
- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.
Probably getting ejected in a game after colliding with someone when nether of us had puck
Baseball!
Activity and good vibes
Good Locker room
Swinub, and look at it
- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
Power Forward. More offensive type, but someone who can if needed be on PK blocking shots

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

HO Questions:
- Player Name:
Moritz Seider

- Position:
Right Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Complete First-Gen.

It got recommended to me by a couple buddies from the ISFL.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):
Trempale#1682

GM Questions:
I am a GM in the minor League of the ISFL aka the DSFL.

Free, usually the evenings but i'm mostly online at work. ^^ So a lot.

- Is water wet?
Yes?

For me its all about the LR, I also have no real clue about Ice Hockey, so it would be nice learn more about the sport.

It's hard to say, I think it would depend on which team needs me more. My junior team or my shl team.

The right people, its all about the chemistry. Having fun during the games and reacting to the games.

No, I have no clue what that is.

No real preference, very interesting animals tho.

It's not really ice hockey but I did play hockey in school. That was quite fun. Probably one of my favourite sports with Football(Soccer).

I used to play Football(soccer), I tried out Field hockey a couple months ago and i'm gonna try out football soon. Very hyped for that!

Being a Team, holding together, having fun during games, in our DSFL LR we enjoy talking during NFL games.

It's all about the LR for me, so that was quite fun so far. Scouting has been fun so far as well Smile

I hate to disappoint the GMs but I never played Pokemon, so I don't really have one.

I think my priority would be defense first but I do want to be on the attack occasionally. I think the build i picked while creating was Mobile Defenseman.

[Image: IMG_4351.jpg?width=507&height=676]
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 07:44 PM by BANACKOCK.)

Player Name: Mikael Jakobsen
Position: RW/W
Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate.
Recreates: Who was your last player? Hiro Fujikawa.
Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Banackock#6861

Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey?
I'm in the VHL and SBA for right now. I have been in the PBE with a few players before too!

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
It depends on my week, work and what I have going on. I always have enough time for sim leagues and to get my stuff done.

Is water wet?
Yes.

What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team?
Hopefully I land myself on a friendly team that is willing to help me relearn the ropes. I'm looking to score a lot of goals and win some championships.

What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
I somewhat answered that above but I want to score a lot of goals and win some cups if I can. At the end of the day, as long as we win, I'm a happy guy. I do want some productivity though! I also don't want to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible. You will have my player until I feel like I can truly contend and have a strong season in the SHL. I'm with your for the long haul!

In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room?
Firstly, a good GM. One that makes the team feel like a family and more of just a group of people thrown together to win some online hockey championship. Secondly, a good group of people who are mostly friendly, active and loyal. Activity is key in a locker room. Joking around and the ability to take one is good too!

Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?
1. Longtime member who had a rivalry with Kelowna and some players from there (friendly) back in the day.
2. I am Canadian. Yes.

How do you feel about walruses?
They're okay. Mustaches. Chubby. Very chill.

What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.
Personally, playing hockey and scoring a hat trick in front of my baba OR scoring 8 goals and 4 assists in a AAA game against the Bisons.
For the NHL, that's tough. I'm a huge Sakic fan.. so a lot to do with him.. the Oilers stanley cup finals run but I think in #1 is watching Ovechkin win the cup!

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
I do quite a bit of fishing. I love fishing in streams all over Alberta and BC. We do a lot in mountain streams so it gets you to some very beautiful, untouched locations. My girlfriend, myself, our 2 dobermans and some family/friends love to do hiking in the mountains too!

What do you value in your team locker room?
Loyalty, honesty and a true path forward, led by someone who knows what they're doing (who has a plan).

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
Everything running most efficiently to ensure league longevity like the VHL and SHL. Two successful leagues in their own ways.

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
I don't have one but lets go Houndoom because doberman.

What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
Offensive sniper that can play a physical game. Similar to my old player Magnus Jakobsen and NHL's Ovie.

- Player Name:
Robert Bergen

- Position:
LD

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Bob Bergen (there was Bobby, but we don't talk about him...)

Nobody#2222

All about that hockey, did try a few last time I was active, most were quickly abandoned

With or without procrastination? Without, quite a lot, with.. negative hours?

- Is water wet?
Most of the time, dry water is a thing though...

Active team + LR, hopefully somewhat competitive. Someone that understands FHM because I sure don't?

Would prefer a longer stint down in juniors, although with the new regression and what SHL team I end up on that's open to change

Having me in it.

Nope. But I definitely know about kelowna after my last stint on the site....

Not great pets

Toronto choking in the playoffs

Over lockdown got into D&D and 40k again

Active lr with good mix of people, current and ex players

Getting shouted at by people and TDed

Ditto, So I don't have to decide on a favorite pokemon

A winning one. Nothing set in stone yet, open to filling roles needed by the team

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2022, 01:16 PM by Dangles13.)

Player Name: Luca Hunziker
Position: Right Defense
Generation: I am a recreate
Last Player: My last player was Liam O'Callaghan, also a defender.
Discord: Dangles13#1868

Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?
I am no longer active in any other league but this one. I have been active in many in the past

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)

It varies but I will at least have enough time to update each week.

Is water wet?

Do I seem like a sciencer?

What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team?

I would like to win a 4-Star this time around. As for what I want in a team, I like a fun LR with little drama.

What are the general expectations of your junior career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

As I mentioned, I want to win a cup this time and I might be willing to stay down as long as I can. Though it would depend on what team drafts me into the SHL and if I'm needed there or not.

In your opinion, what makes a good locker room?

I like a fun, easy-going LR where everyone gets along. It gets to be a drag when you have to manage personalities.

Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

I've got 200+ games as a Whaler, I've heard of them.

How do you feel about walruses?

They are fine but not one of my favourite animals.

What is your favourite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

I only started skating when I was 18 and in my first season in a league, I dumped the puck from the blueline and somehow only the goalie went back to get it. The goalie panicked because I was coming in hot and he fired it right onto my tape; I'm staring down a wide-open cage with no defenders in the zone, my eyes as big as the moon and I rip that puck off the crossbar and out of play. The first and last time I raised the puck.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?

I have been reading through all the Terry Brooks Shannara books again. I also just finished the FFVII remake and I am going to attempt to play through the Dark Souls games for the first time.

What do you value in your team locker room?

Camaraderie. I like being able to joke around with my teammates. I also enjoy playing games and sharing personal experiences and hobbies with everyone.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?

I'm having a fun time when I'm on an active team. I would like to be winning or having teammates involved in leaderboard races but that is secondary to the LR for me.

What’s your favourite Pokemon? Why?

I don't have favourites of anything; it depends on the mood I'm in. I do enjoy turning a Magikarp into a Gyarados in most of the games though.

What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

I like to build defensemen who are capable of throwing hits, blocking shots, clearing the crease and ripping bombs on the PP.

[Image: SS19INy.jpg]

[Image: d9J5DHT.png]  [Image: 16PgOBm.png]

- Player Name:

Red Kirkby

- Position:

C

- Recreate or First-Gen?

Recreate

Rex Kirkby

N/A

@Acsolap#1587

Yes. ISFL and WSBL

6+

- Is water wet?

YEA

Pretty set on returning to Anchorage.

Probabaly go up true rookie

Activity

No

Nonplussed

Slaying the dragon 2011

Pretty much just been working

Activity

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Code:
- Player Name: Joshuacorcorantwitch

- Position: Goalie

- Recreate or First-Gen? First gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? My friend DrB1Gmac

- [b]Full[/b] Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):JosiahCasimir#3258

Code:
- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey? All about that hockey

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 7

- Is water wet? Yes, unless its frozen then its ICE ICE BABY

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team? Growth and communication.

I would like to improve my weaknesses, and not move on until I'm truly ready.
Communication, friendships.
Yes
They are large
Sitting around watching the game with all my aunts and uncles during the Stanley cup finals. The tension was real.
SHL, Music, streaming,gym, wine brewing.  
Communication, friendships.
When people get along and work together. Enjoying the game.
Gengar, it was my favorite as a child and i had a glass figurine I'd take everywhere.
Defensive goalie role .

- Player Name: Berenstain McSnorkle

- Position: Left Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen? Complete First Gen

- Recreates: Who was your last player? /

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? I was in a rabbit hole into hockey forums online and found myself here i guess  Smile

- Full Discord Username: Bear42#9435

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey? This is my first sim league, and i like hockey... so i guess im all about that hockey sim leagues

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) Really it depends on the week, but i'd say I have more free time than most people

- Is water wet? Yes, wet is defined as something covered in a liquid; and water itself is in fact covered in water

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team? I'm new to this whole concept but i think an active locker room would be a nice feature to have in a team

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I didn't know there were two options.... probably to be called up to the show quicker though.

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room? A place where its fun to be around and be active

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes, I actually tore my ACL in Kelowna playing hockey a few years back.

- How do you feel about walruses? There a pretty good animal. Not amazing but alright. Maybe a B tier animal.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.  watching hockey I remember watching the 2015 draft lottery as an oilers fan, which was a pretty awesome moment

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Not really, my life is very sports fan centric (hockey, golf, NHL, NFL, etc.)

- What do you value in your team locker room? An active locker room that would make the games and storylines more interesting would be really cool

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? Active locker rooms

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?  I've never been into pokemon so i'll take a stab in the dark and say charizard. Hes a pokemon..... right?

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Defenitely an offensive build. Pure sniper is what im going for.

- Player Name:
Robert Helvetica

- Position:
Center

- Recreate or First-Gen? 
First-Gen

N/A

ValorX77 and ProjectSaint

Helvetica28#9028

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?
No. just a fan of hockey.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free?
Possible 10

- Is water wet?
Depends on the Situation that water's in

• Hope to get from the team: a bit braver before getting into the big leagues
  • looking for: good locker room chem.
just to prepare myself for the big leagues, a good yet fair junior player career with a possible callup

Friendly LR Relations and 

From British Columbia, of course yes.

they remind me of Kansas City Chiefs Head Coach Andy Reid.

2018 IIHF World Juniors, Group A Play, Russia Vs Switzerland. The Glorious Double Penalty Shot.

Gaming and Shitposting

friendships, communication and character.

Basically a fun environment that can deal with some minor trolling 

Eevee, cause I can be a mysterious evolution

A Two-Way Forward that's willing to be called a hybrid. 

[Image: Helv_Sig.jpg]

- Player Name: Adam Rage 

- Position: Goalie 

- Recreate or First-Gen? First Gen 

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Heard about it in PBE 

- Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Mr.Mom #5271

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey? 
I am in PBE and SCFL

no set amount but definitely 5+

- Is water wet?
 No 

An active locker room and a place where I can grow as a player 

I don't have a set idea but i don't mind staying down a bit to help grow 

Active, welcoming and the ability to help each other and grow together 

the city? Yes 

cool but not as cool as Manatees 

going to the Bell Centre for my first NHL game 

mostly gaming, watching sports and cooking 

the synergy is important for me 

meeting people 

Squirtle, they have been my favorite since Indigo League 

defensive 

01-03-2022, 06:09 AMEMutedfaith Wrote: If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

Code:
- Player Name: Dan King 

- Position: Right Wing

- Recreates: Who was your last player? None

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? From the PBE 

- [b]Full[/b] Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Motion#3025

Code:
- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey? The PBE

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) 6+

- Is water wet? Yes

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team? A good group of people who are passionate about winning 

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? I’m looking to get called up as soon as possible 

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room? A fun group of people with a sense of humour 

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? Yes because I live in BC

- How do you feel about walruses? They are cool I guess 

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. In my last ever hockey game I scored the last time I was ever on the ice 

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Gaming  

- What do you value in your team locker room? People who are fun to talk to

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The people 

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I’m not really a Pokémon fan 

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? Offensive focused with average defence 

Reward
6 TPE for completing all the questions.

Only S63 SMJHL Rookies (S64 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT.

Do not claim this TPE until a post is made in the claim thread.

Deadline
The start of the S63 SMJHL draft

[Image: pFtBdSw.jpg]Thank You OrbitingDeath!
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 12:43 AM by NJBadApple.)

HO QUESTIONS:
- Player Name: Mads McBride

- Position: LW

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Luciano Vessot

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): NJBadApple#3154

SMJHL GM'S QUESTIONS:
Nah fam, all about that hockey.

Uhh let's say around 3?

- Is water wet?
Yep.

I'm just looking for a team that wants me, has a nice culture, and is competitive.

Oh I don't care either way, success at both levels is amazing but of course the ultimate goal is the SHL.

It's all about the culture; if you cultivate an environment where people have fun, success will eventually follow.

I sort of live near it, so yes?

Elephants of the ocean.

I met Tim Kerr at one of my hockey games as a kid and he said I "wasn't bad".

Shit all I do is work, baby care, and sleep.

Take a wild guess.. the answer is culture.

Besides the obvious, I think just not taking it too seriously or getting wrapped up in the drama.

Hard question, but it's definitely one of the original 150.

All of my other players have been defenders & playmaking forwards... this time I want a sniper. All goals. So, heavily focused on offensive production.

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 01:52 AM by ctots.)

Player Name: Holden Steady

- Position: Right Defenseman

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit post on r/bluejackets

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Ctots#0873

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?
This is my first sim league experience ever
5-10
- Is water wet?
Only when it isn’t ice.
Looking to learn how the leagues operate, be useful to a team while I get my feet under me. I’ll be here to gas up the locker room after every win and rally the troops after the losses.
I’m coming in without expectations, I just want to get on the ice!
Positivity, I think? Be friends with the whole organization
No
Sick mustache game, but they’re low key terrifying.
Watched the Blue Jackets win a few times at home, that always feels good
Game development a bit, but mostly watching hockey for the last couple of months.
The boys. That’s the only answer, right?
Not taking it too seriously, but also getting into the role playing spirit of it
Ditto, that guy fucks.
I’m looking to build a defensive defenseman. I’ll take care of our side of the blue line and let the forwards light the lamps. Maybe I can make a few passes and pick up an assist or two, but it’s secondary to keeping the puck out of our zone.

- Player Name: Ashley Stubbs

- Position: Winger

- Recreate or First-Gen: Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player: Cale Amundsen, Goalie

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): KWally#1313

Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey?

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? God... None, but I make it for this league somehow.

- Is water wet? Is all wetness considered a water substance...

An awesome locker room... I love winning, but I'm really looking forward to meeting some folks again around the SHL.

Yes, my path, even as a GM, is to play four seasons in the Junior and then make the jump. I want to give all my teammates the best chance to get a championship!

Camaraderie... the ability to just chat about anything and get away from the craziness of every day life.

Before the league back in 2016... Ummm only on NHL games lol

@ThatDamnWalrus is a beaut of a cute!

Probably my sons first goal in mites. It is weird cause we have so many accomplishments and failures in life... but his one goal in life, I could re-live that every day.

iRacing... big big hobby for me actually.

Pretty much the same as my answer above... I like chill, no drama.... fun.

The ability to do your thing. Find your enjoyment and get out of the league what you are active for. You can create that path.

Swanna... Truly don't know, but the only one I had on Discord Pokemon. Still have no clue what it does lol

Offensive... Forward. I've had enough stopping pucks, I want to go full out opposite! I'm really looking forward to the opportunity and really am going to be going all out with this player... especially for the Toronto family <3

[Image: Wally.png]