- Player Name:
Evan Winter

- Position:
Left Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player?
Philipp Winter (S43)

- First-Gens: How did you find the site?
-

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):
RomanesEuntDomus#8940

- Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey?
I'm in the VHL and have been in a few others in the past but the SHL is my main one.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
That's hard to quantify but I work a lot from home so it's easy for me to check in and do a quick task if necessary.

- Is water wet?
Yes.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team?
A good atmosphere first and foremost and then hopefully some on-ice success as well.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
With my previous players I've usually aimed for a rather quick route to the big leagues. I'm not sure yet whether I want to do the same thing again, but I'm probably not one of those guys who want to maximize their junior time as much as possible. 3-4 seasons in Juniors sounds like a realistic target for me.

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room?
Empathy and the ability to respect others without being too serious all the time. Just from a personal perspective I'd probably prefer locker room that is a bit more on the mature side and one that is active but not too spammy, but none of that has to be a dealbreaker. Every locker room has its own kind of character and can develop the unlikeliest of friendships that will surprise you and I am certainly open to that.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?
Nope, but I sure have heard a lot of them since.

- How do you feel about walruses?
They are cute as long as they aren't TDW. Then they are super cute.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.
As a Sabres fan I don't have a lot of positive hockey memories, sadly... Probably going to the Sabres game against the Kings in Berlin with my Dad when the Sabres came to play their Season Opener in Europe.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
Not really any new hobbies but the one I like to bring up is that I play Floorball/Unihockey/Salibandy which is kinda like hockey but nobody knows it.

- What do you value in your team locker room?
I think I've alreay answered that above. In short a good and respectful atmosphere that is somewhat mature but not overly serious.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
I think that varies a lot from person to person and can even change over the course of someones career. Sometimes its the locker room atmosphere, sometimes it's the pure performance aspect of your player of your team, sometimes it's a passion project like a series of articles or a league job that you've taken on.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
Bulbasaur just because he was my very first starter.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
Probably a more offensive role, ideally a Playmaker, but this isn't set in stone yet and can very well change. Especially in Juniors I will be very open to building my player in the way that best helps my team.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Player Name: Justin Time

- Position: Goalie

- Recreate or First-Gen? Brand new

After seeing recruitment posts on Reddit for the past several seasons and thinking "that looks fun" I finally bit the bullet and decided to see what this was all about!

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): RAmenAmen#5896

SMJHL GMs Questions (14 questions):

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey? 

I play lots of sports management games (EHM for hockey and several others for other sports), but this is my first time doing one with other people.

Depends on the week, but I'm often available during work hours and generally have at least 1-2 hours free on any given night after work.

- Is water wet?

Nope, water makes things wet, but cannot be saturated by itself.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team?

Looking to learn, grow, and have a bit of fun along the way!

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?

I'm a first-time player, so I'm trying not to set *any* expectations just yet, and I have no idea what the development timeline looks like for a goalie in this sim engine. I'm a competitive person by nature, so I want to be somewhere that's going to give me an opportunity to make an impact, but as long as the locker room is a fun place to be with a supportive group of players, I'm happy to play wherever I fit best.

A good locker room is supportive, and we build each other up instead of dragging each other down. I want to be a part of a community that looks out for each other on and off the ice.

I know that the Rockets are a team, but that's just from playing EHM. I have no definitive proof that the place exists.

They make decent goalies, and I've never met one that wasn't nice.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.

I picked up hockey again (and goaltending for the first time) as an out-of-shape college guy after I made the mistake of saying that "it doesn't look that hard" after watching my mother play in the local women's rec league. A couple of other players overheard and said that if I felt that way, I should put on the pads and prove it. $100 later, I was in the crease for the first time in a set of 80's stand-up pads filling in for them when one of the regular goalies was out sick. I let in 10 goals to a bunch of women twice my age and looked like a complete fool, but I had a blast and I've been playing ever since.

Lots! I play hockey in two leagues, GM a Star Wars DnD group, play in another DnD group, and game whenever I have the time (single player sims and RPGs, mostly)

I'm not exactly an extrovert, but I like a fun locker room atmosphere where we can chat about our own games and other fun things people are doing. I'm new to this, so I'm really looking forward to getting guidance from those who've done this a time or two.

Community involvement, fun stories, and the ability to watch yourself grow

Grovyle. Gen 3 was my first, and I'm a sucker for second-stage starters that don't look goofy.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?

Pure offense. I want to set the SHL record for goals by a goaltender Wink

[Image: RAmenAmen.gif]
sig credit: Ragnar, Sulovilen, Enigmatic, Bayley
[Image: kcP9WEd.png] [Image: DNLeeu0.png] [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: RAmenAmenPride.gif]

Player Name:
Chad Nickelback

Position:
Left Defense

Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Recreates: Who was your last player?
Jeff Brogen

First-Gens: How did you find the site?
N/A

Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):
Ugmo#3582

Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey?
Just the SHL. Don't know if I'd be able to fully apply myself to 2

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.)
Just depends on the week. In a lockdown right now, so pretty well endless. Outside of that, I'm usually accessible via discord. Definitely free over 10hrs a week, just schedule changes around a bit.

Is water wet?
No, water wets you because it is a liquid.

What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team?
Mostly looking for a good group of people to hang out with, have some fun, and learn more about building a defenseman. I want to participate and be someone who can help get the first gens excited about the league, and just to relax and have fun. After all, that's what it is all about.

What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible?
I'm hoping to spend some time in the SMJHL, I think it's fun and you get to meet a lot of new people through it. I know I'll end up in the SHL one day, so I'm not particularily rushed on the matter and trying to get myself up there as soon as possible.

In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room?[b]
Participation and people being open and accepting. We all come from different backgrounds and have different interests and hobbies, and I think it's important that people can feel comfortable.

[b]Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league?

Yes! via the Rockets

How do you feel about walruses?
They seem jolly and good fun, but I think you always have to have an err of caution around them due to those massive teeth.

What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional.
I grew up as a huge NJ Devils fan with Patrik Elias as my favourite player (which meant none of my other friends in the Maritimes liked my team). A few years ago, I took the trip down and went to the jersey retirement for Elias. It was just such a fun night to finally see the team play a home game, and to see a player I tried to model my game after get his jersey hung up in those rafters. It really was a beautiful night, and ended in a Devils win, just to make it all the better.

Any hobbies you’ve been into lately?
Same old of playing video games, reading, and watching all sorts of stuff on twitch and netflix. I've really been working on becoming much better at making a great cup of coffee. Went to a tasting/education experience over the holidays which was really nice for that.

What do you value in your team locker room?
I like to joke around a bit and just shoot the shit about whatever. I have varied interests, and honestly just hearing people talk about things that they're interested in and excited about is always a lot of fun.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?
For me, I think it just surrounds hanging out in discord and chatting with people and getting to cheer your teams and players on to a common goal. Winning is great, but pushing towards that and building with a good group is even better.

What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why?
I'm a basic boy and love Growlithe. I always liked fire types, and he's also a dog. It can remember emotions based on smell and is very protective and loyal to its owner. Seems pretty great, and I can imagine warm to be around on a cold winter's night.

What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role?
I'm looking to primarily build as a playmaker. Notching up some assists, working well on a PP, and really helping everyone around me pot those goals. As TPE becomes more available, I'll want to work on the defensive side of the game as well.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

- Player Name:
Lord Zomp

- Position:
Right Wing

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Ethan Price

- Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers):
Zomp#4545

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey?
I'm only in the SHL, I don't really have any other interest in joining another league. I'd much rather focus all of my time into this one.

20-30+

- Is water wet?
No.

I'm hoping that I'm able to find a SMJHL team that has an active Discord/Locker Room or is at least making an attempt to move in that direction. It makes the league a much more enjoyable place whenever you have people to constantly talk to from your team. 

Ideally, I'd like to stay down in the juniors for a little while and try to get a successful career, hopefully winning an award or two before making the leap up. I had the same thought process on my previous player and I really enjoyed my time in the juniors.

Activity definitely helps make a good locker-room, as well as one that has a drama free environment.

Yes.

Seals with two big tusks.

The Boston Bruins winning the 2011 Stanley Cup.

Mostly just a few different video games as of late.

Activity, it's hard stay interested in the league whenever you open up the Discord for your team and it's an absolute ghost town.

Having an active locker room/Discord to be able to chat with other members of the SHL on.

Metagross, there's no other Pokemon that can even compare. 

I'm definitely planning on going a more offensive role for my player. Ideally he'll end up becoming a sniper in the future once I'm able to flesh out his stats a little bit further.

HO Questions

- Player Name: Enes Gündoğan

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Rikki Petrov but I would rather claim Johannes Leitner

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): AW13#6043

GM Questions

- Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey? I am in every sim league imaginable so you've probably seen me around.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) A lot less now with a newborn but I have the night shift and get sim league stuff done then so 4 hours per night maybe?

- Is water wet? Yes, probably, i dunno.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team? Nothing really as I have told some. I just want to be productive and play!

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? As a goalie I assume I will be down awhile so whatever happens! I just want to help a team out for as long as I am down.

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room? Talkative is nice. I like helpful locker rooms a lot in the SHL because I don't always pay attention.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? No, I had not and I don't think I remember where it is!

- How do you feel about walruses? Love them. Fat seals with tusks, what is not to love?

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. Going to a Bruins game and people in the stands behind me screaming "punch him in the head" the whole game.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? Not really. Trying to get into my musical side more I guess.

- What do you value in your team locker room? Helpfulness as discussed before.

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? The communitys and locker rooms are great and probably the biggest part but I love the statistical side of things the most I would say.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? I usually say Metapod cause he is a cool cocoon thing but probably Arcanine, he is majestic.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I am a goalie so hopefully not offensive :D

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

Code:
- Player Name: Johnny Patey

- Position: Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?: First gen

- First-Gens: How did you find the site? Play in other sim leagues (ISFL and PBE).

- [b]Full[/b] Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Patey#4267

Code:

Code:

Other sim leagues, currently 4th season in ISFL and 3rd in PBE.

Depends on the week as I work some morning and some evenings during the week. Somewhere in between 3-6 sounds about right though, sometimes could be more.

- Is water wet?

Technically no, it makes things wet, not wet itself I think?

Hopefully some wins but overall just looking for a relaxed environment in an LR.

Not really sure yet to be honest. It all depends on how much I like the team that drafts me and how much success we may be having. I've gone through a rebuild before in another league so that is also
nothing new to me as well.

Just a relaxed group of people who like to chat and don't get upset when we lose in a sim game. Everyone can be upset but taking it to a new level and raging is not something I want to be apart of.

Yes, I live in Canada so I've heard of the junior team, never been there though.

Disgusting filthy animals.

When I scored my 100th point during a season in house league hockey when I was 16/17. You could say I was one of those house league heroes.

Other than sim leagues, I play some soccer on the side and hike a bit during the nicer months of the year.

Being nice, for some people that seems to be pretty hard. Don't want to be apart of any team that has toxic players.

Game day and how crazy the chats go whether you win or lose.

Charmander because when I was a kid I must have played Pokémon blue about 15 times and each time I choose him first no matter what.

Just a 2-way defenseman, nothing really in particular, could be 50/50 or could be a little heavier on one side or the other.
(This post was last modified: 01-06-2022, 01:51 PM by goldenglutes.)

- Player Name:

binko koivu

- Position:

defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?

recreate

guy zheng

goldenglutes#0003

only shl

used to be a lot but now is probably like 4

- Is water wet?

yes

i just want a locker room to vibe with and hang out with friends

i just wanna hang out and i'll call myself up whenever atlanta needs a dman, no real expectations for juniors

people that are friendly and are friends with each other and talk about things other than the sim

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions): 

Code:

Code:
- Player Name: Tam Bunnings

- Position: LD

- Recreate or First-Gen? Recreate

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Bloody Oath

- [b]Full[/b] Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): dasboot#1845

Code:

Code:
All about that hockey but also in VHL

Currently unemployed so unlimited really

- Is water wet?
No water makes things wet

A good attitude LR and chance to win

Full 5 seasons in juniors

Activity, good banter, relatable

Yes

Large penises, jealous

Being a shit skater/player and still playing beer league

Yeah been homebrewing lots lately

Didn’t we already go over this

Shorter off seasons hey

Grookey so damn cute

Offensive defender

[Image: Sugars2.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 12:59 PM by advenny4.)

- Player Name: Toms Zīle

- Recreates: Who was your last player? My last player was Ako Zīle. He was center and played good.

- Full Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): Advenny#3464

- Are you in any other sim leagues?  Or, are you all about that hockey? I'm not at any other sim leagues. I love basketball but ice hockey is my second favourite sport.

- How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie. 1, 3, 6+, etc.) - I would like to say that 4 hours a day, so in week that would be 28 hours. Maybe little bit less.

- Is water wet? - Yes, I hope it is.

- What do you hope to get from your SMJHL team and what are you looking for in a team? - Cool people around. Chance to win a cup. It's basically all about people and new friendships.

- What are your general expectations of your juniors career? Are you looking for a long and successful career as a junior player, or are you hoping to be called up to the big leagues as soon as possible? - I want to get ready for big hockey in juniors as long as it needs. 

- In your opinion, what makes a good locker-room? - Good memes. Good people, funny things. And yea.

- Have you ever heard about Kelowna before joining this league? - No, I didn't.

- How do you feel about walruses? - They are fine. This is interesting question.

- What is your favorite hockey memory? If you don’t have one, feel free to make up something completely fictional. - That team Latvia reached quarterfinals in Olympics 2014.

- Any hobbies you’ve been into lately? - I like to play basketball, counter strike and playstation.

- What do you value in your team locker room? - Have some fun. 

- What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience? - Good results. Good locker room. New friends.

- What’s your favorite Pokemon? Why? - Oh well. I don't know anything about them so I can't answer this question. I know that there was cartoon about them but nothing more.

- What type of player are you looking to build? Are you looking to play a more offensive or defensive role? I'm gonna build latvian WALL. Because I'm goalie. Just like was Arturs Irbe or Merzlikins now. 

- Player Name:
Backup Goaltender

- Position:
Right Defense

- Recreate or First-Gen?
Recreate

Tom Fiddler

PremierBromanov#5260

- Are you in any other sim leagues? Or, are you all about that hockey?
Im all about hockey, baybeee

20?

- Is water wet?
sure

A friendly locker room and to meet more people

Im looking for 4 solid seasons in the J and will probably retire after that

I think fewer channels and free-flowing discussion is always good. Im not a huge fan of when LRs are hyper-compartmentalized but I know a lot of folks just like to mute certain topics they dont care about. But thats not really how conversation works in real life.

not even a little bit

ugly

Steve Yzerman firing that laser beam of a clapper from the blue line after stealing it from Gretzky to put the blues away in game 7 OT in the western conference finals

I just bought a farm, so hopefully gardening and husbandry (for animals)

Welcoming atmosphere, encouragement, life discussion, and shitposting

regressing at 10 seasons instead of 9

Voltorb. Easy to draw.

Point shooting defenseman, looking to generate offense and goals. Put my shoot slider at 2.

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-07-2022, 03:41 PM by linsangeles.)

SMJHL HO Questions (5 questions):

Code:
- Player Name: Gaunther DeBrusk

- Position: LW

- Recreates: Who was your last player? Kian Hamilton Jr.

- [b]Full[/b] Discord Username (including the hashtag and numbers): linsss#3861

I am in NBA fantasy league if that counts, but that costs me few mins. SHL is my only and will be.

I could free up as much as I need daily.

- Is water wet?
Water is water.

Of course, to be competitive team and have fun!

Haven't thought bout that yet, most possible I would do pros/cons and what both coaches think and then make decision.

Common interests and hella good stories

Idk how I should answer if my recreate, but if I wipe my mind, then no I haven't.

They're good animals, does no harm, as I know.

Latvia win vs Canada 2:0, where Kivi was outstanding (R.I.P.) ;(

Playstation counts? :D

Welcomes and jusy checking in how is everyone doing.

7 games series!

I don't really.

To be usable at both ends. It is a great value of player!

Rage Falcons Latvia Latvia Falcons Rage
[Image: HOlloway.png]