Create Account

Thoughts on the tourny..
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2022, 09:32 PM by DeletedAtUserRequest.)

[Image: IMG_0074.jpg]

I’ve always loved the IIHF and have always thought it was an open canvas for someone who wanted to reignite this tourney.. I started writing ideas up after reading Luke’s TD Post ..Heres some thoughts on some changes which I think would Be a ++

- the IIHF should assign 2 jobs for beat writing… they should be liaisons to each team and report all season long via an IIHF Twitter and a new pinned IIHF thread…on transfers. possible promotions, new line ups, rumors, gossip and players to keep an eye on… start hyping our products!.. I don’t know how we get excited for a tourny we here about 2 days before it starts… IIHF is a big event, it should have buildup and hype.

- have each team mandated to post a team report before the tourny.. much of a Fed Heads work is predicated around 1 week, it should be mandatory that each nation take ownership of updating us on there country..allot of those GM’s are showcasing themselves for the SMJHL/SHL and this would be something to take notice.

- it’s time to change the country declaration process to something at least a-little more exciting… and what ever the changes are it has to be easy enough to implement.. This is a tough implementation I know..but the IIHF front office has time to brainstorm this…

- An official IIHF podcast with official IIHF hosts… if your an IIHF fan and your excited for the tourney, listening to a couple of good hosts talking tourney is wonderful.

- hire an IIHF graphics group to post posters on the host country, and graphics throughout the tourney of important moments.

- start being bold and redefining this tourney… the current format feels a bit stale.. the status quo is ok,, but someone with courage and ideas could make many welcome additions to the tourney.

If an IIHF official in the future wants to brainstorm some of these, look me up..

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria