Create Account

(2x draft media) Thoughts on myself and some teams

As draft is closing in on us fast, I decided to open a little more about my player and thoughts on the each J team.
So to start of I would like to give you a reason for my players name, as it is little un orthodox and many have asked about it. So name Outdoor Truck comes from me being Outside and seeing a truck as I was thinking of recreating. And to those asking "What about Indoor Truck?" I say, Do you mean Zamboni? If so, We ain't Toronto and losing to Zamboni drivers. (ouch self burn)
And even though I have answered multiple teams on scouting and in Interested Prospects thread how I want to build my player I will still give my 2 cents about it here, because there's inevitably someone whose interested, but not checking IP thread.
So Outdoor Truck will be built in a way of Power Forward. Big presence and Offensive thread, who can later on his career help out in defensive end in PK if needed. Think of something like Matthew Tkachuk from NHL, without the personality and little bit more defensive skill.
But now that we have the player introduction section over with, I can start giving my opinions on the J Teams that no one is interested in. (btw I have old article about SHL team rankings, Go check it out)
(This will be made in fun fashion and is not to be taken seriously. The opinions I give out aren't reflections of my real opinions)

Lets start out with Anaheim Outlaws.
Anaheim Outlaws, Team created in S45, 20 seasons ago and already has had 5 GMs leading the bandits. Sounds like some people have commitment issues eh.
The team had a good start in to the franchise finishing in top 5 7 times in 10 seasons, After that it has been down fall and that is shown with 13th and 11th places in last 2 seasons.
Team was lead in to the 11th place by team Captain Sconnie McHits who scored 24 goals and 50 Points and Eddie Creller who scored 25 goals and 54 points. It will be interesting seeing how the the Bandit squad will perform next season with McHits leaving to Detroit leaving big gap in point production.
Interesting note to this point. Some how the SMJHL has avoided cluster of California teams, with Anaheim being the only minors team. I guess it just shows how unpopular Cali really is and awful all the teams there are expect to the Dodgers who have too much money.

Next up is team in middle of nowhere and the largest travel budget, Its your Alaska Armada!
Here we have a real fossil team! Been in the league since S1. Previously this team was known as Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force!
If you ask me Regina Force sounds much mightier then this Armada thing. Does anyone even know what Armada is?
But, Team has been in the league since forever so lets sum up history quickly, too many GMs, Not enough cup.
Wait, I'm getting information to my ear piece. It seems the team is actually called "Anchorage Armada". It seems there's more people then just the staff and players of the team living in Alaska.
This season Anchorage finished 2nd in the league with Spack Jarrow and Mikhail Novikov leading the team in scoring. And not surprisingly both of them have left for the big league, But undoubtedly this is a team which is known for performing each season, they will find a way to replace these 2 forces.

Then we have Bunch of Jerks!
Formerly know as Montreal Blazers/Impact/Militia and currently know as Carolina Kraken. Due to poorly managed history of the team, by the current/former GMs are not to be found so let's just assume they aren't really invested in the league enough it seems. But going on from there the Kraken had a decent season under their belt this season finishing 4th in Standings. Top scores are Patya Perevalov and Lucas Raymond, Both seem to be on the track to stay down for a season more, so expect them to have another great season with 60+ points.
Overall 4/5 franchise, Not enough bacon

Up next! Colorado Fossils! Or something along the lines.
So before these guys were called the Colorado Mammoths? Not sure why, But they decided to go back few thousand million trillion years and rebrand to Colorado Dinosaurs! Again, Why.
Again one of those teams with limited resume and too many GMs. Do these guys think GMs are easy to find or what is up. And even with that many GMs, no of them seemed to have the right recipe for cups, hence Colorado has 0 Cups in 37 seasons. Maybe their tactics are as old as their team branding inspiration?
Let's get back on the track here. It seems this season the Predators finished 7th, smack dab in the middle, Just making the playoffs. Teams leading scorers by a wide margin are Gonzo Gobbledygook and Rinky McDangle. Too bad for the Antediluvian, Both of them are going to be leaving for SHL, Unless they clear waivers which is highly unlikely.

Next to the spotlight flies across the room the Detroit Falcons. The Falcons hold a special place to me as they were the first team I was on in when I first created in SHL. But.
Remember when before I was giving Carolina crap for having badly kept History section? Well Detroit might just be worse. Latest season record is from S40. But considering the current state of the Falcons, I'm not too surprised. Finishing last by far. Losing 55 games, In 66 game season that is actually hard to do. Looking at the teams roster, It might have been expected. Bunch of IAs and Rookies can't carry a team to victory. If the rookies end up panning out and they get good players in upcoming draft, the Falcons maybe on the rise once again. So watch out others

For the next one we need to be quiet, as we crawl in the Bears Nest and talk about one of the newest teams in the league Great Falls Grizzlies!
With 2 seasons under their belt there isn't a lot to discuss, but let's just say this on record. What a impressive start to their franchise. Getting to quarterfinals in their first season and only barely missing the playoffs in their 2nd one.
With a successful incoming draft could see the Bears contending for a playoff spot, If their key players in Grogu Mandosson, Björn Viggoson and Brick Wall. Talking about key players, these fellows lead the team Grogu Mandosson with 56 and Frederico Von Schnicktenburg and Björn Viggoson with 51. Also need to bring this player up from the team, Playing only 6 games, Entering as a DFA. Outdoor Truck scored his first J goal in Grizzlies uniform!

Now we can talk about the Kelowna Knights!
Team in a place no one has ever heard of and being overshadowed by Vancouver their entire franchise history.
I hate to scratch the same record multiple times, but Kelowna has the best worst kept history so far! So many threads about HOF, Championships and what not, but then records about how many GMs has this team been through? Nothing. I guess they are embarrassed by the sheer number of people that have tried to save this franchise from the inevitable relocation?
The team ended in 5th in standings this season making the playoffs but losing badly in 2nd round to Carolina lmao
Teams best scorer was Scott Thorn with 59 piece, everyone else was nothing amazing to speak of

Shiver me Timbers! Maine Timbers on the block right now
Previously known as Halifax Raiders (which sounds a lot better) are now know as Maine Matchsticks when for the previous seasons they have lost in playoffs and gotten cut by none other then Newfoundland Berserkers (we will get to them later)
History of this team is wide and rich dating back to S25 when vbottas and Baelor Swift created this franchise. And to be frank, the teams glory days were back when vbottas was in charge, getting 2 cups in 8 seasons.
This season the team ended in 6th place making the playoffs, but losing in the 2nd round 4-0 to Berserkers.
The teams best scorer was Jay Cue with 67 points and 27 goals. Look him to repeat as he seems to be staying down. The team also looks to be getting even better with having 9th pick in the upcoming draft unless they decide to move up or down, only time will tell.

Ramming through next is the Nevada Battlehorn and always lovely Jess!
Fairly new team in the SMJHL legacy, and still not well kept history shaking my head. But I guess Jess being awesome makes up a little for it. To be honest with this being such a new team there's not a lot to talk about.
But as for this season the Rammers they finished 9th, making the playoffs and getting to the 2nd round! and taking 2 games from Vancouver! A pretty good feat from a young and growing team. Teams best scorer was Ahlo Kysoka with mear 49 points, but close behind was Anton Harrier with 48!

And now. The best SMJHL team in everyone's opinion who played there, Newfoundland Berserkers.
Before we get any further, Let's say Lethbridge was a mistake on everyone's part who was in the making of it, but because they flopped Berserkers could blossom. So, Their history department is a shit show, but thanks to detective work (and being in the LR for a bit) I know they've had few GM changes. And as far as team success goes, well Maine knows too well. 3 cups to their relatively young name, which is very good. This season they ended up in 3rd during regular season, but as no one was surprised by, they went into the finals and won the cup! Congrats.
As far as player success their top scorer was Emeril Lagasse with 68 points and 31 goals.

This shall conclude this article for now, I've been working on this for the past week even thought this was suppose to be a 1 day job. Oh well, and to the teams I left out, Sorry not sorry. It is what it is

(1,739 words)

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

01-06-2022, 03:59 PMSnussu Wrote: As For the next one we need to be quiet, as we crawl in the Bears Nest and talk about one of the newest teams in the league Great Falls Grizzlies!
With 2 seasons under their belt there isn't a lot to discuss, but let's just say this on record. What a impressive start to their franchise. Getting to quarterfinals in their first season and only barely missing the playoffs in their 2nd one.
With a successful incoming draft could see the Bears contending for a playoff spot, If their key players in Grogu Mandosson, Björn Viggoson and Brick Wall. Talking about key players, these fellows lead the team Grogu Mandosson with 56 and Frederico Von Schnicktenburg and Björn Viggoson with 51. Also need to bring this player up from the team, Playing only 6 games, Entering as a DFA. Outdoor Truck scored his first J goal in Grizzlies uniform!
Bud you were on the team, we didn't miss the playoffs lol. We just lost round 1.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Hey

01-06-2022, 04:11 PMBANACKOCK Wrote: Hey
Hey

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

[Image: waste.jpg]

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride

spack has not been called up and for that i am thankful

[Image: bluesfan55.gif]
Armada Steelhawks Switzerland

Armada Specters Wolfpack Steelhawks Forge Switzerland