Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

PBE PT

Also ALL HAIL GUNNERT

[Image: ProjectSaint.gif]
Sig Credit: Flappy (EVO) and Skolpaddor (RESO)

EMEKA VALENTINE-OKOLI/PLAYER

First SMJHL Goal: Colorado Raptors, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Mikelis Ozoliņš 4, Loki Odinsson 3) at 3:12, 2nd Period (GWG) / SMJHL S47 Game 47 Day 12: Colorado Raptors vs Detroit Falcons
First SHL Goal: Texas Renegades, Emeka Valentine-Okoli 1 (Josef Kubinec 5, Ricky Spanish 4) at 16:23, 2nd Period / SHL S51 Game 71 Day 16: Edmonton Blizzard vs Texas Renegades

Eternal RaptorsRaptors Old, onwards we roll Rage

And Let's Retire at the Pinnacle

Prompt 2

I can only talk about intensity as a player, since I haven’t been a coach or GM and being a spectator isn’t the same as being a part of the team. Don’t get me wrong, being a spectator can be intense, I know I’ve been on the edge of my seat multiple times at an arena and even on my couch! But back to the question at hand, out of the three, I’d have to say being down by one is tensist (is that a word?). Being up by one is a great feeling, they have to score 2 to beat you so you’re in decent shape. A straight up tie isn’t so bad either, since you can break that tie with a goal of your own. Being down by one is the worst since tying it up just puts you a position to score another, which compounds the intensity.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

PBE
I<3Noodles

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Code:
PROMPT 1- Apparently part of the job of PT Director is user engagement. So I guess I should just dive into that. The SHL needs a splash and what can cause more buzz than a player marriage??

Written Task: You are tasked with planning the royal wedding of two SHL players. Who are these players? Who will be at the wedding? Does it go well? Who crashes it? Give me all the juicy details from my trash magazine article. Remember, hockey is for everyone, and this marriage can be between players of any or no gender or species. (150+ words)

Ah, so we are talking about a wedding between two Sim Hockey League. I'm going to pick the real life wedding of Gunnar Soderberg and JURT. This was the event of the off season and my player was fortune enough to not even just be invited, but I was Gunnars best man. As one of Gunnars longest and closest friends, this was a huge honor. There was no mistake that those two were made for each other. The wedding went really well, there was a lot of attendance and a lot of the SHL showed up. We had a huge party, where games, drinking, fun, music, dancing, and merriment were had. All of the Chicago Syndicate and the Seattle Argonauts were in attendance, which made for an awkward couple beginning moments as not a lot of us knew each other that well. Eventually we played a competitive drinking game and settled everything out, which was pretty fun. At the end of the day it was a good wedding and this one was a really amazing one.

[Image: sdcore.gif]

Player Page [Image: berserkers.png] [Image: syndicate2.png]Update Page

[Image: sgu3vVP.png]
[Image: 9vq7IEu.png]

Prompt 1

I am in charge of the wedding between @Justice and @Tylar. For location, we're splitting the difference between where the two of them currently live, which means our venue is somewhere in Saskatchewan. Let's hope they pick a summer date. Luckily we know someone who lives (lived?) there, and we will be having the wedding at Nham's house. By far the easiest part of this wedding to plan will be the food. We will be catering towards Ty, and there will be endless ketchup fountains, with no shortage of kraft dinner and hot dogs. Guests will be required to mix the ketchup and pasta at the reception, while Justice will be in charge of alcohol. Instead of a first dance, guests will be treated to a first leeg game, where the newly wedded couple will queue up bot lane together to instantly test the strength of their bond. Most of NL will be in attendance, Corey will likely get way too drunk and talk about how he got the happy couple a rice cooker, and I predict Sota will have some sort of last minute objection.

[Image: smalinowski7.gif]
Sigs: Thanks JNH, Lime, Carpy, and ckroyal92 

I think the worst situation is being down one. (Nearly) all the pressure is on your team to make something happen, and even if it does it may still end poorly for you. The other team just needs one small break to sink a dagger into your hopes and dreams.

Being tied is rough, too, as it only takes one brief flash from your opponent to take back the lead. It is less stressful, though, because you're not chasing the game trying to get on an even footing. It sucks, but you still have enough of a chance that the outcome of the game isn't fully decided.

Being ahead by one is tense, but it isn't as bad as the other two. Yes, you need to not be complacent, but you aren't fighting with every scrap of your being to get one back. You can focus on not making mistakes and making sure things build up in the way you want.

Honestly, the most tense situation ever is being tied with little time left after giving up (x) goals in a row to bring it even. The lost momentum feeling you get when trying to "stay alive" is the worst.

[Image: uMyJK4x.png]

pbe affiliate

[Image: 15Ng51w.png][Image: draNOgf.png]

Personal experience, a tie game is the most tense situation. Yes, a lead of 1 or a deficit of 1 is a tense situation as well because the tides take major turns with the next goal. However, especially down to the very last, a tie game is one where someone HAS to score another goal and there's a distinct possibility (or in the case of overtime, inevitability) where the next goal will be the one that decides it and there may be no coming back from it. I think back to Game 6 of the Season 52 Challenge Cup Finals. In a tie game late, with Manhattan holding a 3-2 series lead, this game was absolutely pivotal. I had a firm belief we had to win that game then and there. There was no room to risk it in a Game 7 when we could snatch victory then and there. The tension in the air as we anticipated what the next line of commentary was was thrilling. The release when they announced we scored had us in absolute ecstasy. Sure, we could have given one right back, though the empty net situation gave way to a goal after. That also takes away from the tension - the empty net in a one-goal game. It all goes away the next time the team with a goalie in gets the puck. It's difficult, sure, though they have a clearly-defined out that basically marks the end of a game. In a tie game, everyone is attentive in every square inch.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

Prompt 1:

Ok so, it's my wedding, and no I'm not marrying Hayley, and I'm not inviting @Jepox Cam from England to the wedding because he made that joke. I'm actually getting married to @6ympathy who believe it or not is not my multi, just one of my friends who I tried to recruit to the SHL but he's an asshole like me and made everyone wonder. The guest list is pretty exclusive, @goldenglutes and @hotdog can come, and I'm not just saying that because they can attempt to trade me at any time (not that I would ever wave my NTC, I would only ever leave in FA so they can't secure any assets from my corpse, but that is neither here nor there). @Gwdjohnson can come because I like him, @micool132 's Nathan Explosion can come, but not Angus (I'll leave that up to interpretation), and @Leppish did not get the invite.

[Image: j2h9XpS.png]
Thanks to JSS for the signature

[Image: ohmEd0h.png][Image: apAE8qn.png]

PBE PT

Quote:What is more tense to be involved in as a player/coach/GM/spectator, a tie game, a game where you are leading by 1, or a game where you are down by 1? Describe all three and decide: what is the most tense you have been watching a close game on stream? (If you haven't watched a stream make something up). Pad your word count until you get to 150+ words.

I think the first real tense game I watched was the last time Buffalo won the cup with me. I watched Game 7 like it was going to give me money for watching it close enough. I don't think I breathed through that last period until I scored a clutch goal. Seriously, if I scored no goals in my career but that one to put us up by one I would have been so happy. I know the prompt says what is the hardest to watch, obviously its being tied going into a game seven situation or even one down. As a spectator, I feel like you have nothing to lose or gain if you're watching someone else's team compete unless you just absolutely hate one team over the other (Looking at you Hamilton). But in my opinion, being down or tied going into a clinching situation is the most tense from personal experience.

Prompt 2:  For me, a tied gaming is far more intense than any other close game. A tied game is super thrilling and exciting, least because literally anyone could take the game at any moment. A key example of this in real life was today's Rams @ Bucs game (NFL) where Brady and the Bucs came to tie the game at 27-27 after coming back from a 14-point deficit. Luckily the Rams had a last-minute 4 second field goal to win the game 30-27, which was nice, least because Brady lost. Because the game was tied, it could have gone either way, with either team going to advance. Simply put, a tied game keeps fans on their toes and glued to their TV screens because it's exciting.

So I havent done a ton of sports playing, but I have done some, and I've done plenty of spectating. I would say the most tense games are definitely tie games.

Leading in games can get pretty nerve wracking, but it is also playing with you in charge, and if theres enough time left you can really focus on being safe defensively and you still can tell yourself "you are in charge" as a reassurance.

Trailing in games I would just say is less stressful and more angering, since often you're losing because the team is fucking up. So I would say while it can do the most numbers on your mental state, it isnt because of being stressful

Tie games I think are the most stressful just because you as a player are trying the hardest to help your team win AND make sure your team doesnt lose. As a spectator, ties make you just worried about every play, and every mistake your team makes (or the other team makes for that matter) will cause a mini heart attack of fear and/or anticipation. ties just aint healthy

[Image: Dwy-Sig_copy.gif]
[Image: DzzMoaP.png]

I think when you are down by one late in a game, if your team is really laying the pressure on them that's the most butt clenching moment you can have, at least for me. The can they do it? mentality gets me fired up and super focused. I think every player wants to be the guy that shows up in the clutch moments and makes a difference for the team when all chips are down. Overtime hockey is pretty close though too for that same reason, so tie game would also be an answer. There's nothing in the world quite like playoff overtime hockey when seasons are on the line and anything can happen at any moment. I think maybe I will switch my vote to overtime hockey. I think a lot of the most memorable moments out there are from playoff overtime goals. It's almost inevitable that you will need to win overtime games to win the cup, so hopefully bap can succeed in that regard this season

[Image: jjfrankiejj.gif]
Credits to OrbitingDeath, Tweedle, Incite, Wasty, and Slothfacekilla for sigs!

Player Profile | Update Page