Create Account

New chapter in my life - big pre-season interview with Janis Lux

New SHL season 63 is around the corner, players are returning from their national teams or from off-season break to get on ice and get ready for new season. Today on our pre-season interview we have invited one of the Minnesota Monarchs newest members - latvian left winger Janis Lux. In SMJHL level Lux played three seasons in Anchorage and all three seasons went to SMJHL finals, last two seasons Lux spent in SMJHL expansion team Great Falls Grizzlies where he was one of the leaders.

Kevin King: First of all, welcome to Minnesota Janis. How are you feeling?

Janis Lux: Thanks for having me. I feel very nervous, but I guess it is expected. And of course I feel very excited as well.

Kevin King: This must be very special for you?

Janis Lux: For sure this is very special. May times I have said that every kid dreams to play in SHL and now knowing that I have almost achieved that goal is unreal.

Kevin King: Lets talk little bit about you. Can you tell us who is Janis Lux? How was your path to this level? Many Monarchs fans have not heard about you.

Janis Lux: Of course. Well what can I say. My name is Janis Lux. I am a left winger from Latvia. Started playing hockey when I was five years old. Parents took me to HS Riga (hockey school Riga) where I played till my draft in SMJHL. With HS Riga I went thru all the latvian junior ice hockey levels. After I got drafted in SMJHL I moved from Riga to Anchorage. There I played for three seasons before I went to Great Falls.

Kevin King: Can you name few of your achievements or maybe some special personal achievements?

Janis Lux: Of course my biggest achievement was and I think always will be winning latvian under-13 champinship.

Kevin King: Winning SHL will beat that that is for sure.

Janis Lux: Maybe. Winning in SHL is been a dream of mine since I started play ice hockey. But that latvian U-13 title was my first ever title and it will always be special.

Kevin King: That is understandable. What else achievements can you pick from your career?

Janis Lux: Well my most recent achievement was winning Grizzlies season MVP award in season 61. For me it also was special because that was Grizzlies debut season in SMHL and I was put in situation where I was not use to be - and that position was veteran player, leader. It was big responsibility.

Kevin King: But last season your game was not the best? What happened?

Janis Lux: Agree. Maybe in some way it was my own fault because I did not put much effort in early stages of my SMJHL career to progress faster and Calgary just decided that I am not ready for SHL.

Kevin King: What caused that lack of progress? Was it Calgary?

Janis Lux: It was on me 100%. It was not Calgary fault. They did everything to support me, helped me however they could. It was just maybe I did not believed in myself that I can reach SHL. I am not sure.

Kevin King: Lets talk about off-season. It was pretty rough off-season for you.

Janis Lux: Yes it was tough. Emotional season ending with Grizzlies in SMJHL, then all trade talks and both national teams (Juniors and National). I think emotionally this was my toughest off-season.

Kevin King: Will you be ready for your debut, after this tough off-season?

Janis Lux: I can give you simple answer - I do not know. I still have time to know my new team-mates better and get my head back in game, but it will not be easy that is for sure.

Kevin King: In off-season I read your interview in "Sports Live in Montana" where you said, that you thought about retiring after last season.

Janis Lux: Overall last season was not good for me, not only stats wise but emotionally too. Of course at some point you start to thinking about if you are any good for that next step. I think many players goes thru that faze.

Kevin King: And why you think you went thru that faze?

Janis Lux: I think with one leg I was already in SHL and it messed me a lot. In sport you need to focus on what you do, but my focus was off, because I knew that will be my last season in Juniors and I will go up to SHL. And those thoughts got me to that point where I played bad and I had doubts over myself and my ability to be a SHL player.

Kevin King: And now you are here in SHL.

Janis Lux: Well yes I am part of SHL team. This is a new chapter in my life.

Kevin King: Lets talk about this trade. You were drafted by Calgary, at the end you got here in Minnesota. How that all process went?

Janis Lux: After last season I spoke to Calgary GM Izzy and he said that for me there is not roster space. That was one more reason to think about retiring. Somehow I knew that all season long, that there is pretty big chance to not to get in Calgary roster. Izzy said that there is some interest about me from Monarchs and without a thinking I said "sure lets do this". Talked with Monarchs GM little bit and trade was made pretty fast and I was a Monarch.

Kevin King: Dragons or Monarchs?

Janis Lux: Dragons drafted me and I am very thankful to them for all the advices they gave me but now I am a Monarchs player and Monarchs is my team.

Kevin King: What did you know about Monarchs before trade?

Janis Lux: Nothing. Actually I really did not follow SHL results. Just saw some Dragons games and just went thru results and that is it. I really do not know about Monarchs that much.

Kevin King: Monarchs are building pretty young team for the future not for today. Does that made choice joining them easier or harder?

Janis Lux: My main goal was to be SHL player and that is it.

Kevin King: But sure teams vision somehow affected your decision.

Janis Lux: Being a young team have its pluses and minuses. Big minus is that we are unexperienced and young team. Big plus is that no one really expects anything from us now and for young players it is very good I can play my game without any stress about result.

Kevin King: So you are ok with this situation?

Janis Lux: Yes I think for me it will be even easier to adapt to SHL level. Like I said from this young team no one really expects some huge results but we could do some surprises.

Kevin King: After last season you went to World Juniors Championship and after that to IIHF World Championship. How was all that?

Janis Lux: It was rough. With all what happened with all the talks and trade it was tough. But I think me personally did well.

Kevin King: After IIHF World Championship you went home or straight to Minnesota?

Janis Lux: I went home for few days. Just wanted to little bit relax, be with my family. I arrived here two days ago.

Kevin King: Have you had time to go around the city?

Janis Lux: Little bit. My main priority before season starts is just to finish moving in. I went to near by restaurant yesterday and today was in arena to see facilities.

Kevin King: And what can you say about facilities?

Janis Lux: For now nothing bad. This is the best league in the world and teams do everything to make players feel good and facilities are fantastic. I did not had time to properly check everything out yet but from what I saw I very like all.

Kevin King: Does peoples on street already recognize you?

Janis Lux: No, thank God not yet. And that is good, because I have time to move in my new home here in Minnesota in peace and quite.

Kevin King: Was it different in SMJHL?

Janis Lux: In Anchorage not really because it was kinda it is here before my SHL debut. I moved from Latvia and I was nobody for the fans. When I moved from Anchorage to Great Falls it was much much different. When I landed in Great Falls at the entrance there already was group of fans that waited for me. So from day one i Great Falls wherever I went peoples recognized me.

Kevin King: And you like better peace and quite?

Janis Lux: Do not get me wrong. I love fans where ever I play, but sometimes I just like to be all alone in peace and quite. Especially in this time of my career, when I am about to make my debut in worlds best hockey league I need all peace and quite for myself to mentally get ready for that debut.

Kevin King: Lets talk about your debut and overall about upcoming season. How excited you are to be part of this Monarchs team?

Janis Lux: I am very excited and very nervous.

Kevin King: Why nervous?

Janis Lux: I have said that many time, SHL is best league in the world and I will compete against the best in the world. It gives you that nervousness.

Kevin King: I understand. Does the excitement has changed after the trade?

Janis Lux: Yes and no. After why the trade happened I took that as a motivation for myself to be better and my focus is to be here not only for one or two seasons, but for much longer time. It all depends only from me to show if I am capable to be in this league for more than just one season. And of course excitement is as high as it can be no matter if I make my SHL debut for Dragons or for Monarchs.

Kevin King: Have you talked with coaches about your role?

Janis Lux: No, not yet, but I know I will not be number one guy on the team. I will need to prove myself in every practice, every game.

Kevin King: How would you describe your playing style?

Janis Lux: I think I am more of a two-way winger. Of course my main focus is offence, scoring goals or help team to score goals, but I also try to help in defence as much as it is possible.

Kevin King: What you personally expect from team this season?

Janis Lux: Like I said I really did not had time to watch SHL games last season so for me it is hard to answer to this question. I hope ... I hope we can be play-off contenders.

Kevin King: What can fans expect from Janis Lux?

Janis Lux: I really do not know. This is higher level than SMJHL. This is the best league in the world, here plays best players in the world. I hope I will not fall out of teams strategy and I hope to score few goals too.

Kevin King: And what you expect from yourself?

Janis Lux: To not make a fool out of myself.

Kevin King: What is your message to fans?

Janis Lux: Enjoy this season as we will enjoy it on the ice. Support us because without you we will not make to our goals. We are together in this till the end.

Kevin King: Thanks Janis for interview. And again, welcome to Minnesota.

Janis Lux: Thanks for having me.

This was our big pre-season interview with Minnesota Monarchs left winger Janis Lux who will make his SHL debut this upcoming season. We all are very excited to see what this young team can do.

Kevin King, "Royal Sports in Minnesota"

Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs Monarchs

**2012 words**

Drafted 59th Overall in SMJHL S58 draft by Anchorage Armada
Drafted 9th in SMJHL S60 expansion draft by Great Falls Grizzlies
Drafted 36th Overall in SHL S59 draft by Calgary Dragons

[Image: lux2.png]

Monarchs

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

Falcons Monarchs Switzerland   Switzerland Monarchs Falcons
[Image: qGhUIfY.png] [Image: dGD5tIx.png]

[Image: mutedfaith.gif]
Credit for the images goes to @Carpy48, @soulja, @fever95 and @Wasty

Kill it in MIN, Lux!

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Gonna miss having you on my line but I am rooting for you to kick ass in Minnesota! Go get em!

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Make Minnesota great again, Janis!  Towel

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Always enjoyed these media pieces from you!

Lux will do well in the SHL for Minnesota! Best of luck and keep up the good work!

Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite