Create Account

Hired: SMJHL All-Star Committee Members (2)
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2022, 01:13 PM by JURT.)

Hello there,

The SMJHL All-Star Committee has two openings right now!

Here's the job description for the role:

Tasks:
  • Voting on the All-Star Week-End host team, when the Week-End is hosted by an SMJHL Team (once every three seasons)
  • Voting on the All-Star Week-End logo, amongst submissions received for the Logo Contest.
  • Discussing and voting on the All-Star Game rosters.
  • Discussing and voting on the All-SMJHL end-of-the-season teams (All-Star team #1, All-Star team #2, All-Rookie team)
  • If needed and on a voluntary basis, helping with the All-Star Game file and broadcast.

Requirements:

• Follow the SMJHL closely
  • Be objective
  • Meet deadlines
  • Be a cool person

Pay:
  • 3M$ at the end of every season: 1,5M$ for having submitted the All-Star Game ballots and 1,5M$ for the All-SMJHL Teams ballots

Applications:
To apply, DM me your answers to these questions on Discord (lespoils#4267) :

1. Do you currently hold, or have you ever held, a job on the site?
  2. Why do you want to join the All-Star Committee?
  3. What makes you a good candidate for this job?
  4. What do you think makes an All-Star player?
  5. How would you choose who gets your last vote between two players with almost identical stats? Two goalies?

Please send your applications by Friday, January 21st at 11:59 PM EST.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

In the end, after a long time pondering the 12 (TWELVE!) applications and juggling a weird transition out of the SMJHL All-Star Head role and into the SHL one, I am happy to announce that we will be hiring THREE new members right now, as @honkerrs has stepped down to make room for one more person out of these numerous applications.

Welcome to the SMJHL All-Star Committee: @Big Newff, @Pickle Juice and @Thelastheraclid

I'd like to remind everyone who applied of the currently open SMJHL All-Star Head position and the SHL All-Star Committee Member positions as well, hit me up if you need anything!

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2022, 12:09 PM by JURT.)

Wowowow more hires! Thank you @micool132 and @Bfine for your time on the SMJHL All-Star Committee, see you on the other side in the SHL one!

Since I still have a great application pool from all these All-Star Committee openings from both league, I've elected to not make a new opening. Time moves so fast, we're almost at the Trade Deadline!

@Sebster and @kingtag1999 will be our two new members. Now we just need someone to apply for J head so my own head stops hurting eh?