Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 ( Derp Dive)
(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 04:55 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

Welcome to St. Louis !  Scarecrows

It was the night before draft day and all through out the house, not a creature was stirring EXCEPT ME ! Oh boy was I excited. I am new to the Simulation Hockey League and have been in contact with many players to learn the ins and outs but it was not really until I joined my first team that it all started falling into place. The St. Louis Scarecrows, I was super enthused that I was drafted ANYWHERE to be honest, the Simulation Hockey League was kind of intimidating at first and I did not really quite know how to skate but once I joined the locker room and felt the chemistry with the General Manager along with the others who communicate daily , it started feeling right. I had something to work towards , I wanted to prove to the team that I could pull my own weight. It is the first team of my career. I truly feel that our team has potential to push our way up the ladder because we are putting in the work. We are getting scary out here, has anybody seen our mascot ? We are a scarecrow ! and a badass one at that.
Game Time !  Scarecrows  VS Armada 
It was pre season Day 2 when the St. Louis Scarecrows played against Anchorage and the heat was on. I felt the sweat dripping down my face as the blinding bright lights almost sent me into a trance. CRACK the puck hit the ice at the face off and brought a new game into action. As the goalie I was crying inside as this was one of the first games I had ever played in my entire career and I did not know how it would turn out for us Scarecrows or the looks of disappointment on my teammates faces once we got back to the locker room. Even though the final score in the game ended up being 5-2 for Anchorage I didn't feel so bad. I had to look at it in a positive way , because nothing good comes out of negativity.. So hear me out. The shots at the end of the game were 44-12 for Anchorage, and while that could be something to get upset about I look at it like this... I prevented a whole 39 out of 44 shots from getting in the net ! .
Perseverance ! Scarecrows
 So for that I say, it was a good game friends. I will not be discouraged, if anything this is the beginning to the rest of my career. There will be good games and yes there will be bad games, but if everyone gave up the first time they didn't win... there wouldn't be enough people to even play the sport. 

Rookie talk ! 

So as a new season begins for the Saint Louis Scarecrows, the rookies get acquainted. Myself and Jayden Cloutier ( our right defence man ) are constantly on our toes here communicating with the team , earning our training points and just having a good laugh along the way. While both of us are certainly new to the franchise we are holding our own and always have something to bring to the table. Rookies must stick together! and we certainly stay active as there is much room to grow and much to learn. 

Meet The Family  ! Scarecrows 

S64 Right Defense : Jayden Cloutier 
S64 Left Wing : Steve Collins Jr. 
S64 Goalie : JoshuaCorcoranTwitch
S64 Center : Matt Tress 
S64 Left Wing : Outdoor Truck
S63 Center : Alix Nunez
S63 Center : Sisyphus Embros
S63 Right Defense : Rolf Korhonen 
S63 Center : Brian Brettski 
S63 Right Wing : Konstantin Strelka 
S63 Right Defense : Mateo Lavoie 
S62 Right Defense : I.P. Nightly                        ... nice XD 
S62 Right Defense : Red Tarkington
S62 Center : Cody Sherman 
S62 Right Defense : Wendolene Ramsbottom                 ... seriously guys XD your killing me 
S61 Right Wing : Sam Stone 
S61 Left Wing : Jalal ad-Din Afinogenov 
S60 Right Wing : Isiah Lopez 
S60 Right Wing : Igor Isyanov 

S60 Right Defense : Mars Stanton

Hey @joshuacorcorantwitch

First off, let's go crows Scarecrows

Second, I'm looking for a bit more here before I can approve this deep dive because the roster list inflates the wordcount.  If we take that out, you are only at about 460 words.  I'd suggest adding something like highlighting a few standout names on the roster like any particular veterans or rookies you were drafted with and telling us about them.  Did they perform exceptionally well, were they struggling, did they help you get adjusted to the league?  Something that you did a little deep diving to come up with.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

01-17-2022, 02:01 PMHow about now ?? Signed ; JCT Scrufdaddy Wrote: Hey @joshuacorcorantwitch

Approved, +5 TPE @joshuacorcorantwitch

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]