Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

Prompt #2

I think it definitely depends on which is the most tense to be involved in during an important close game. I would say a tie between player, coach and GM with spectator being behind them. A tie game is the most relaxed situation in my opinion because both teams are feeling good and in a situation to win. Being up by 1 goal is probably the most difficult I would say simply because good players know when you're playing with the lead any simple mistake could cost you the lead. We see this happen all the time in the NHL where a team is winning by 1 or even 2 or 3 goals and the wheels completely fall off because the winning team thinks they are comfortable with their lead and become a bit careless with the puck. Coming from behind is also stressful but I believe the mentally of the whole team buying in, playing hard, finishing checks and get all pucks on net will lead to good scoring opportunities. The most intense games i've ever been apart of was during the Knights' Four Star Cup finals run in my first season. In S53 the Kelowna Knights lost to Detroit in the Four Cup Finals and I've never been so crushed from a simulation league loss and probably won't ever get over it either.

Word Count: 225

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Prompt 1:

I will be planning the wedding between Karl Krashwagen (@CementHands) and Nathan Thomas (@KaleSalad). Sure I was invited to the wedding, but I also have decided to take on the monumental task of planning such an occasion. These two need to focus on each other and their rivalry on the ice and let me take the reigns of this. The color scheme will be Forge Orange and Platoon Maroon. Nathan will be donning the maroon tux while his soon to be hubby will be in the orange tux. This will show their commitment to each other as they wear their opposite colors, its call true love y'all. The Baltimore side of the aisle will be adorned with maroon snapdragons and tulips, while the Philly side will be dressed in orange roses and daisies. The reception tables will follow the same color scheme but will be mixed together instead of being separated. The reception will obviously be a classy affair, and will be a plated 4 course meal with a fully open top shelf bar. Once the meal is over this is where the classiness leaves, and the party begins. The dj will replace the 5 piece band that has been serenading everyone for the meal. It will be a dance party of the likes which no one has seen, and will not end until at least 3 people split their pants from dancing so hard. 

WC: 237

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: blasoon.gif]
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 12:00 PM by JURT.)

Prompt 1
There was a wedding just recently involving two players of the SHL: Jean-Uhtred Ragnarsson-Tremblay and Gunnar Söderberg have gotten married on the Tornio Golf Course which spans over the border of Finland and Sweden, the rival native countries of the grooms. Many SHLers were invited and famous agent and former-GM Johnny Hamilton was officiating. The vows were very touching and everybody cried at the ceremony while the two men were becoming Jean-Uhtred Söderberg-Tremblay and Gunnar Söderberg-Tremblay. At the reception, there was a lot of food for everyone, and alcohol too. Vaseline Podcalzone ate a lot and drank a lot, and many others followed. Jimmy Wagner was also very drunk and started talking shit about many rival players who weren't invited to the wedding which really stole the show. We also saw the birth of a new potential power-couple in the SHL in Elizabuggs, Elizabeth Doyle and Ruggs McOooh.

[Image: lespoils.gif]

Prompt 2

Of those three scenarios, I'd say the most tense is when things are tied up. Although things might be a little different in context (ex. the last few minutes of an elimination game of the playoffs, probably playing for your life and being down 1 is the most tense) but when there's no context, a tie game could be changed in an instant with the smallest mistake or play made by anyone on the ice. When teams are up a goal or down a goal, there are several situations they've practiced for; the game takes a different tone. But in a tie game, everyone's doing what they can to break the tie - that is, everybody on the ice is in the exact same mindset. You've practiced it thousands of times before, the one set piece that is your guaranteed tie-breaker - but does it work this time? Against this team? That's had your number all game and somehow you're still tied? Who knows. It's a toss-up every time when the score's tied.

Prompt 1:

The royal wedding to end all royal weddings, SHL style? Probably #A-Rye Izzy and Jimmy Wagner. They get married in a spectacular event that results in three decapitations and Uncle Bob losing his dentures. Some Aittokallio somewhere is probably getting frisky in the back room. Basically it would end the SHL as we know it because if they have a kid it would be the evil omen from prophecy. "The one to destroy the SHL and have it reborn" You'd probably have a handful of SHL GMs onlooking as groomsmen awaiting the day this union takes back the league in the name of fair regression. 

In the end, it is a moot marriage and the prophecy does not come true because Salami was the officiant and placed a curse on them. Basically the curse went something like: "And the Great Lakes teams will forever win the cup. The end." 

[And there was much rejoicing. (or crying)]

[WC: 156]

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs

Written Task: What is more tense to be involved in as a player/coach/GM/spectator, a tie game, a game where you are leading by 1, or a game where you are down by 1?

How about leading by multiple goals? That makes me more tense than leading by a goal because it is obvious. As a fan from toronto, there is a high chance you lose the game when up by multiple goals than when you are up by a goal because the team are full of losers who still to this day cannot hold a lead. As far as the calgary dragons goes, it is a tie game. When it is a tie game, anyone can win and whoever scores the next goal usually wins especially in this sim engine. I would say the next tense is up by a goal because last playoffs, we were leading in game 7 and lost horribly. So that is what is more tensed. Losing by a goal, well if you do not play well, that is what happens. It is expected to lose to it is not as bad as tied or winning especially by multiple goals.

[Image: giphy.gif]

WSBL Affiliate PT

[Image: sink.png]
[Image: Screenshot_2021-04-12_000020.png]

I was in attendance for the wedding of two of my very long time friends here in the SHL it was Dick Clapper and Guy Zheng - these two have been inseparable for as long as I've been around and in fact I have never known one without the other. They were together on Kelowna, were together on New England, together on Hamilton, and together now on Atlanta. It makes sense that they would get married; since they've been together for so long, even traveling around the continent with each other, they might as well claim some tax and insurance benefits at this point. In addition, their loving bond is extremely strong and it was such a tender moment to witness their first smooch under the altar. Zheng was extremely pretty and Clapper was extremely pretty as well, my wee lil heart was in shambles watching the official validation of this long-passionate romance. I love them so much indeed. The wedding attendees included past teammates of theirs like Nathan Explosion, Angus McFife XVIII, and Eko van Otter. Gabriel Johnson was not invited!!! @5ympathies @goldenglutes

[Image: ekovanotter.gif]
thanks @Carpy48 and @frithjofr and @rum_ham and @Julio Tokolosh and @Briedaqueduc for the sigs
Armada Inferno norway

Prompt 2:

While all of the 3 scenarios are certainly tense and nerve racking, I think that being down by 1 goal is definitely the most tense and stressful of the 3. I have been in all of these situations out of the three, and the desperation that comes with being down by one, especially late in a playoff or tournament game is truly unmatched. When teams are down by just a goal, the game is still so close that one mistake from the other team or one great play from your team can make it a whole new game. One momentum swing could be a difference maker, so everyone is trying their absolute hardest and leaving it all out on the field. With this added stress and desperation, teams are more prone to make mistakes, so the game can be very back and forth. The physicality of these situations are usually very high as well, adding to the stress.

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Well the time has come for the big day. It is truly a remarkable age when two best friends and fierce rivals can be married under joy and celebration without fear or reprisal. I'm talking of course about the wedding literally everyone is talking about, Krashwagen - Thomas. When @KaleSalad popped the question it was really a no brainer. Already best friends who light up the night whenever they are together, nothing like strippers and jenga, it only made sense to get married. Get those tax dollar benefits, and now with the added benefit of being able to get couples lap dances due to their newfound power of the ring.
Anyway Gatez, Thomas' long term D partner @SewingWithNancy immediately volunteered to plan the event and let the grooms focus on their big day. Karl was just excited that he was able to pick out one thing:

Through somewhat shady connections, Valentin Kalashnikov @suavemente was able to connect the love birds with a trained bear supplier.

This wedding had it's very own ring bear. It even took part in the dance as Boris the Dancing Bear was untouched in the limbo and Can-Can, and cleared the floor for the Russian dance during "Rasputin" next to Kalashnikov

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

ISFL PT +l

[Image: zayn.png?ex=65e9b101&is=65d73c01&hm=c0f0...y=lossless]
Kyle Sux Lmap

PROMPT 2

The moss stressful situation for me, is when we lead a game by one goal. The way FHM works, it feels like we are only mere steps away from a catastrophe at any time. A 1 goal lead doesn't feel safe at all, you know it's gonna come after your team has been dominating all game then on the next shot you are tied. The opposite is also true, it is fun when we trail by one goal because I know we can score even if a team is dominating us. I guess every live games that are within one goal are tense and gets tenser as the end of the game approaches. A pure tie isn't the same thrill, it suggest OT is coming and thats where the tension will be. So yeah, leading by one goal is stressful and I despite it ending most of the time in a win it always seems like streamed live games have surprises reserved for us only to piss those that are curently watching.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Prompt #2:

Coming back to Regina, I couldn't wait to tell my teammates about my new adventures in Japan.  Not long after the SHL season had been completed, I ended up signing up for a new soccer league, becoming a dual athlete.  And now I was back for my final season in the SMJHL before moving up to play for Minnesota.  I had a chip on my shoulder and was very fidgety. Everyone knew something was up.  So I told them about my summer, and the fun I had.  My team wasn't doing so hot, and I came in as a free agent just halfway before the season. Well, we ended up winning the Cup in dramatic fashion, with me making an amazing run back to catch up to a player with only him and the goalie between him, forcing a bad shot.  And then the piece de resistance if you will, a saved 90th minute penalty to win it.  Showing them the picture of me and the team with the cup, it gave me newfound vigor to play to the best of my ability as an Elk.  I told them "If I can win a cup with a team at the bottom of the table, then I know we can also win the cup with the group we've got."  Hopefully, it fired up the team to be able to play well during the regular season, and get far in the playoffs.

[Image: SS.png]                                        [Image: image0.png?width=268&height=375]                                        [Image: ACapSiege1.png?width=500&height=362]