Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot

THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO PROMPT TWO, THE SECOND PROMPT.

Tie game! Man, watching some of my favourite hockey teams play games into overtime is like a master class in sphincter flexing. Especially if you add in the spectacular flavour of playoff hockey. Remember when that Columbus/Tampa game went into like triple overtime in the Bubble in 2020? I was just glued to the TV (although some of the aspects of the game were boring because the players were so gassed).

3 on 3 overtime is a pleasant little decider for games. It's exhilirating and eye-grabbing when you watch McDavid stretch out defenders or artful, poetic passing plays made from the excess of space on the ice.

And, I'd say often, I feel content at the end of watching any overtime hockey game - even if the team I wanted to win suffered an unfortunate loss - as it was usually a tough competition from both sides that brought the game to that point.

OR LIKE IF THEY HAD PLAYERS IN BIKINIS TAHT WOULD BE REAL SPLASH

Platoon Rob Wright Battleborn

[Image: weddingphoto.png?width=641&height=427]

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

The most tense I have been while watching a stream? Well that would definitely be tough to figure out as both of my teams have been pretty successful, and have thus been in great positions and tense positions throughout the playoffs. I would have to say that I was definitely very tense while I was watching my Newfoundland Berserkers go through the playoffs while we were on our great run towards the Four Star Cup. It was easy to be comforted by the fact that we had just secured the best regular season record in the FHM era, but we all knew that in the playoffs, nothing is every guaranteed. So it was definitely a time for stress as there were definitely a lot of nail biters and it was tough to watch sometimes. But that is why we are all part of these sim leagues, to be part of these exciting games where you can see your team going for glory.

[Image: A12A5Km.png]

Uuuuuhhhh, spicy, we going on a weeding. Wow, those guys really don't know what's good for them if they let me plan their wedding, but here we are. Have you ever heard a wedding of a duck and a man. No? Weird, as we were having exactly that wedding not that long ago. Puddles O'Duck and Agnes McPipe VIII got married. Yes, it's true. Ask them. It was one hell of a thing. While it's a pretty hard task to find a suiting suit for a duck, this was one of the easier things to manage. What is not easy to manage is a wedding location with no restrictions regarding animals, especially ducks. Quite limited if you want to bring a full family of ducks into a building. Next thing is, you have to organize a buffet - one side likes their meat raw, the other likes it wormy. Go ahead and organize a buffet of worms and snails mixed with food that is specifically not duck related like Bejing duck.
Moreover the whole bunch of Atlanta Inferno players was attending the wedding - I think I'd need another point task to talk about that.

[Image: CcmpTg8.png][Image: sakro_-_withecheck_-_Inferno.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 07:04 PM by Jepox.)

Prompt 1

This offseason in the Simulation Hockey League we saw two Atlanta Inferno legends recite the sacred rites of holy matrimony aka get hitched aka tie the knot aka get married. Legendary defensive partners Simon LeBlanc @Briedaqueduc and Geoff Moore @Leppish went before a small ceremony hosted by Eko Van Otter @hotdog who became a priest or pastor or rabbi or whatever he wishes to be during the offseason just so he could officiate the ceremony. The two former players showed a natural chemistry playing together and shared their negatives on and off the ice. Many players like Gabe Johnson and Nathan Sawchuk and Guy Zheng and Dick Clapper and Demaricus Smith were in attendance. The ceremony itself went well but the reception afterwards was a slight disaster. Demaricus Smith slipped outside to smoke a joint at one point and came back elevated to a higher plane of existence and rambled about philosophical theory the rest of the night @Blastmeaway. Nathan Explosion and Angus McFife XVIII crashed the reception as well and spent the entire night stealing cups for some reason @micool132. A good wedding overall for two Atlanta legends.

[Image: Jepox.gif]

PBE PT

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

PBE Affiliation

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: greg.png?ex=656fa055&is=655d2b55&hm=c3f3...f36747c30&]

PBE PT

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]

I mean who else could I do getting married other than the sim leagues premier couple, LA Panthers - Sarah Burke & our very own New Orleans Specter Ole Olson. This is the coming together of 2 very fine teams with Nikolaj Boyle acting as best man and Friedensreich Hundertwasser & Xavier doom acting as groomsmen. Maid of honour is clearly Finn Von Murphenstein with Golden Face & Slothface as bridesmaids.
The wedding is being held overseas in Edinburgh Castle. They have hired out the full castle for the day at Great expense. Theyre getting married early in the day to time the "I do's" with the banging of the one o'clock gun.
With it being Scotland, the primary beverage is Whisky, with Laphroaig on tap, guest Zayne Rotzbua got himself off his face drunk and tried to cop off with all of the bridesmaids. After being turned down by each he went to local night club hive and passed out.

[Image: Hockeymans.gif]
[Image: E8Qr7c5.gif]
Sigs by: Rum Ham, Orbiting Death x2, Enigmatic & Kyamprac

PBE PT

Prompt 2.

I can answer all of these questions as I've been involved in all of these categories! I'm going to divide it up into the four different categories and answer them all individually.

As a player I think the most tense games are when you are tied. I used to hate being tied, it really stressed me out to the point where I had to look away until the game was over at some points of my career. At some point you just have to chill and thankfully all that passed with time.

As a coach/GM (Yes I'm combining these. I dont care) I get really stressed out over leading by one. One goal leads basically mean shit all to me at this point and I dont feel comfortable at all unless I have atleast a 2 goal lead. Things can switch so quickly in FHM and since we are unable to change up the way we play mid game.

As a spectator its the ties as well. For one thing, I dont like it when both teams get points as 99% of the time I watch games its in-division teams that get points in games where they have no business getting points and that just stresses me out.

[Image: JvI8fTp.png]

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png]

[Image: uDjThoa.png]

ISFL PT

[Image: gaWPJhU.gif]

Promt 2

Being a GM is the tensest thing. I have been a GM in old good Latvian Simulation Hockey League of team Riga Impact. I can tell You when You hit that feeling of being responsible for a team that has an amazing roster, a great locker room, it is amazing if You can keep the team winning. Unfortunately, we had couple of downstream seasons and it really pushed me down. I was getting nervous. It was hard to experiment with lineups because You know You have the upper hand by the size of the roster and total TPE but somehow we got a few tough losses that cost badly. I was most nervous when lost the lead. Because I did a lot of simulations and usually when this happened the ship started to sink. Of course, sometimes happens sort of magic on simmed ice and we won after trail by 1 but it was nerve a wrecker for me!