Create Account

S63 PT #1: Tie the Knot
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 09:06 AM by Thelastheraclid.)

Prompt 2

All three of these situations have their own different types of related stress. A tie game has that constant sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach. Every time the sim slows down and does the play by play you feel time slow down around you. You start to stand up just a bit when your gain possession and your hands slowly cover your eyes in dread. When you have a one goal you watch the game with a little more confidence. You hold your breath a bit when that play by play starts in your defensive end but you also can relax a bit because you have that cushion to rely on. Down a goal is the true I am going to die viewing experience. The sim never seems to slow down. You just can’t grab the puck and establish possession. Every time it does slow down it is about a missed shot. It is a brutal experience knowing that the best-case scenario at least for right now it getting it tied up and heading to overtime which is a whole other can of worms. Nothing is as tense as watching or playing in that one goal down game.

(200 words)

[Image: EmersonSHL.gif]
[Image: uDjThoa.png]

Prompt 2

Last season’s finals between the Texas Renegades and Hamilton Steelhawks provided all of these moments for us. All the games were actually incredibly exciting to watch for anyone who could still be bothered, despite the matchup being met with much derision from the general populace of the league. 
Game 5 brought us perhaps the craziest moments of the series right at the end of regulation, when Hamilton, down by two going into the final minutes, managed to score one to make it a one-goal game again. They had been making their usual late game push for a while there and Texas fans were obviously on the edge of their seats following that goal. Can the Renegades regroup and hold the fort for at least the few more minutes until the end of regulation would give them an all-important go-ahead W in the series. Well, it only took about 15 second after the following faceoff to drop all of those Renegades fans from the edge of their seats onto the floor and rolling in agony, as Hamilton promptly scored the game-tying goal on the very next shift. From there on, the momentum of the game seemed so heavily in their favor, that it felt like we would be lucky just to make it into overtime before they would score another one. Well, we did make it into that overtime. But unfortunately it did not take long for Hamilton to still capitalize on their momentum and score the game-winner in must a few minutes into it. It was such a soul-crushinglyquick and decisive turnaround, that I’m pretty sure most people were expecting this to be the actual point where the series was decided. But history turned out otherwise, as against all odds, Texas would instead come back to take both the remaining games and snatch the championship for themselves!

[Image: 63647_s.gif]
Forge  S69 Challenge Cup Champion - Philadelphia Forge   Forge
Renegades Renegades  S59 & S62 Challenge Cup Champion - Texas Renegades  Renegades  Renegades 
 Armada  S57 Four Star Cup Champion - Anchorage Armada  Armada 
Finland  Finland  S57 & S58 WJC / S62, S64 & S66 IIHF Gold Medalist - Team Finland   Finland  Finland
[Image: kLRJavo.png]       [Image: ZjgHcNL.png]
After 69 shots on net with still no SHL goals to show for it, even the opposition started to feel so sorry for Lemo, that they decided to help him out :D
- Bad pass by Jack Klompus, he gave it right to Lemo Pihl.
- Lemo Pihl rips it to the net...
- Lemo Pihl will find the empty net, that should do it!
TEX @ MAN, S59 game 31

Prompt 2:

The feeling of watching a close game, whether it be tied or a one-goal lead on other side, is very much the same. We all know that hockey is a wildly random sport, and anything can happen while there's still time on the clock. The real difference comes with the perception of time, because when you're up by one it feels like the clock is moving slowly, and when you're down by one it feels like it's running at double time. Either way you're dwelling on the clock all due to the nature of a close game. As far as my experience with watching streams goes, I've not had the fortune of much team success in the FHM era, and so I struggle to recall quickly a memory of a dramatic viewing of any SHL/SMJHL stream. I'm really looking forward to the bright future we have ahead of us in Winnipeg, and I know we'll have our fair share of tight matches on a run to the Challenge Cup.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

Affiliate PBE PT

P2:

"As a player who is not known for their offensive chops, every situation in every game is stressful to me," Calgary Dragons defenseman Eero Makela admitted. "Sometimes I wonder if I should retire from ice hockey and take up real estate, or maybe be a receptionist at a small, rural dental office somewhere. This shit is so bad for my health."

When prodded for more details by the assembled reporters, Makela expounded on his comments. "I mean, look. If we're in a tie game, it's all I can do to help my goalie out to keep it tied. It feels like if I make a mistake, the puck is gonna end up in our net. If we're ahead by one, it feels like if I make a mistake, the puck is gonna end up in our net. And Jesus Christ, man, don't get me started on the pressure when we're behind by one. Can you imagine being the guy who has to skate to the bench to greet the rest of his team after a bad giveaway leads to your team being down by two? Holy shit."

Being a player in the simulation hockey league things can get pretty stressful while watching your games on a live stream. During the playoffs the speed is set to pretty slow and man, watching the play by plays can get pretty stressful. I personally make sure to have a drink in hand just in case. When leading by one, you just sit there and type HODL into your discord locker room as often as you can. You know you are holding the lead and every PBP is just scary to watch. Tie games are even worse. Standing up praying the lord zoltan to score a goal and put your team back ahead. Being behind is even worse. Your drink is empty. You are slumped in your seat, face in your hands. Finally a play by play pops up. You have the puck. Dish it across the ice. Get the puck back. YOU SHOOT! and miss by five feet... its over.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Prompt 2

I think being down by 1 is definitely the most intense of the three scenarios - because it's a situation in which you HAVE to actually do something, be proactive, attack the enemy team, or else you end up leaving the game with nothing. If the game is tied, then you could just stall it out until the end of the game to ensure a point for your team - especially if you're playing against a team that is better than you - and this goes even more so for games where you're leading. I, and I think most other people, find defensive hockey to be fucking boring (despite the fact that I've made my player a defensive defenseman), I much prefer watching games where the players take risks, games with higher shot and higher goal counts. The most tense experience I've had with watching a sim stream was in last season's playoffs, when Kelowna played Carolina in the second round - we were down by 1 with just minutes left on the sim clock, and we ended up tying the game. (And then we lost in OT, and then we got swept, butlet'snottalkaboutthat)

[Image: kILVP74.png]    [Image: qtbn8zh.png]    [Image: DKMMlC3.png]
[Image: Monochroma_Sig_2_1.gif]
Patriotes Knights Latvia Knights Latvia Knights Patriotes

ISFL PT

[Image: 4x2jj4a.gif]
S58 Elias Armia Award Winner

Fileworker PT pass

[Image: RichSHL.gif]
Thanks to sulovilen for the sigs!
Adam Prpich Portal Link

Check out past episodes of Rich and Luke!

Prompt #2:

As a player one of the most tense situations you can be in is a tie game. Every player and goalie feels the pressure to ensure that their team is going to come out on top in the end. As a forward you feel the drive and motivation to play harder to get that goal and have the weight and stress lifted off your shoulders. As a defensemen you feel the need to keep your head on a swivel making sure your opponents don't get a rush while also making sure they do their job to turn the puck over. As a goalie you feel the pressure of needing to play better than before, the team needs you to make every stop possible to make sure you're not going to be down a goal. Tie game's allow for a team to create better bonds to work together through the stress of wanting that go ahead goal. If any one player fails to contribute or slacks off they're gonna need to find a cozy spot on the bench.

[Image: keithley.png]
[Image: mcalister.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 01:30 PM by brickwall35.)

PROMPT 1

The most popular couple in the SHL has to be getting the royal wedding treatment. I'm talking of course of @James Truong and @JayWhy. These two lovebirds can often be found chirping away at each other. With all of the S62 draft class in attendance, James reads his vows, promising to always stay loyal to Jay, no matter how much he bullies him. James also vows to get some custom Jay emojis added to his seemingly infinite collection of emojis. You can see eyes of the crowd starting to tear up. And now, it's Jay's turn to give his vows. Jay had leaked out multiple different versions of his vows, so everyone was eager to hear what they would actually be. He takes a deep breathe, and spits in James' face. The crowd awes at such a beautiful sight. Jess, who is apparently an ordained minister, pronounces them married, and that by the power vested in her, everyone gets 50 TPE. And then they lived happily ever after. The end.

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

pt pass

Prompt 2:

All three scenarios can be very tense, especially if the teams are playing equally well. But for me the most tense one is being tied, moreso if it is later in the game. When the game is tied late in the game, you know that the next goal will most likely be the game winner. And if you don't get one soon then the game will just go overtime, where the next goal will be sure to be the winner. Something about that feeling where you know another goal has to be scored for the game to end is really exciting (unless it goes to a shootout of course). Out of the other two scenarios, I think being down by one is actually more exciting, because when you're up by one it feels like there's at least a slight cushion that you can still give up a goal and win, where you don't have that when you're down. Of course in the end I'd rather just win but it's more fun when it's at least exciting.

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

WSBL Affiliate

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

The wedding of Rashford and Ace seems to make the most sense on paper, so that is what they chose to do. They examined the analytics, and ran some fantasy simulations, and decided that the most advantageous lineup for best men would be Tommy Tightpants as the Best Man for Rashford, with High Stick King as the Maid of Honor, as well as most of the Aurora either in attendance or in the wedding itself. After a careful cost-benefit analysis, they traded their firstborn child for the right to have Elton John perform at the wedding, but they couldn't have predicted that he would have shown up intoxicated with Eminem in tow. After the saying of the vows, the couple decided it would be more efficient if they were to head directly to the party rather than to the formal reception, and the entire cast of characters was drunk by five. All in all, it was a good day.

[Image: vo42C2b.png]
[Image: hTIaaQX.gif]
HIT SOMEBODY

Cheers to tweedledunn and supertardis101 for the awesome signatures!