Create Account

S63 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical Meeting

Lord Zomp is going to me a minor cog in the lineup for his initial rookie season with the Anchorage Armada. He still needs at least one more full season to develop and reach the point where he'll become a lethal sniper in the league. He's an offensive first type of player who can be relied on for getting the scoring going for his team. He's going to work on trying to limit being a defensive liability as much as possible. If it comes down to it, he'll most likely be able to outscore the enemies and make sure that they win no matter what. I'm incredibly excited to continue the development of Lord Zomp and see the plans that the GM's of Anchorage have for him over the next few seasons. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to look back at him in a year and see exactly this as he develops into becoming one of the top scorers.

The pre-season went really well. But it was time to talk with GM Talls to figure out what line I would fill in during the regular season. Walking into the room, I notice Talls sitting down watching tape on his computer. “Hey Talls, I’m here to see you for my lines. Do you have a sec?” “Of course Michael, come on in.” I sat down across the desk from him, and we started talking. After about fifteen minutes, I found out that I am going to be on the third line for 5 on 5, and that if I can play well during the season, I would get an opportunity to play on the second shift for both the powerplay and penalty kill. We also discussed that I am going to play a defensive role during my shifts. He suggested that I plan to push people away from the crease and to lay some big hits.