Create Account

S63 SMJHL PT #2 - Tactical Meeting

PBE Task

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

(This post was last modified: 01-19-2022, 11:02 AM by goldenglutes.)

oh yeah so i have heard from the colorado raptors team of the simulation major junior hockey league that we indeed like our defensive defense men and binko (my player on the colorado raptors) also happens to be a defensive defense man. wow, what a coincidence! i think because of that, we are likely to run some very defensive strategies on my pairing. i will likely be given a role as a shut down defense man or an old school defense man or even a crease clearing defense man or potentially a punishing defense man, and i assume that my partner in my defensive pair will be given a similar role because we are all defensive defense men on this team. when it comes to actual 5 on 5 tactics i bet we are going to be doing some good old dump and chase hockey with something in the neutral zone that is dependent on our forwards because i think our defense men are too defensive to transition the puck to be honest. these tactics should be good enough to beat my brother paul koivu @Briedaqueduc

[Image: glutes2.gif]
Signatures by Vulfzilla, Jepox, Jess, rum_ham, Ragnar, and myself
[Image: 9vAsr7c.png]
[Image: tkMQzhf.png] [Image: tdKmZA0.png]

PBE PT

Well it probably goes without saying that I'm not going to completely disclose the line combinations and strategies, but being on the fourth line comes with a different responsibility than the other four lines. While McBride is known for his offensive prowess overseas and high-end potential on North American ice, he starts his professional career showing off his ability to put 100% energy and effort on the ice every single shift. Furthermore, not only are they responsibility for the "drive" of the game, the Timber's fourth line has already notched 6 points total in just 5 games. While this might not be impressive at face value, the fourth line is averaging just under 11 minutes per game of ice time... far less than anyone else on the team. So, to summarize, the fourth line houses the 'energy' of the team, driving play and using the body to force a momentum shift so the upper lines can finish the job.

Code:
Words: 159

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

ISFL Affiliate Claim

I understand that I am a newer player and I don't think I'm going to be getting any top line opportunities any time soon on the strong Kelowna Knights. However, just because I'm not quite as strong doesn't mean I can't play a part. The last time I looked, my offensive skills are already climbing the ranks and I definitely mean business in this department. I want to be a massive goal scorer and help the team out in that way the most, but don't let that fool you in saying I don't want to help out in any way possible. I am just a man that loves to score goals. The Kelowna Knights are currently 5-3-0, so there's some work that could be done and I think moving me around could be an okay option. If you're going to be throwing me on a line, I'd have it being more offensive and use the strats 0-1-4 (Is this only an STHS thing?? hehe).

I do think in time I will be quite the powerplay beast too. It's going to take some time but I am excited to work my way. Just have to fight through this challenging season!

Quote:199 words

Despite spending much of the last half a decade as a dominant force in the SMJHL recently Anchorage has been on the wane as their better players have left to ply their trade in the SHL or their draft picks have flamed out. Getting two premier forwards in Lord Zomp and Red Kirkby has provided a morale boost to the team but will also come with added responsibilities for the two rookies. Where as many new draftees start their career on the 4th line or bottom pairing the two new players will jump straight into top six roles in the line up. Anchorage has always prided itself on being strong at both ends of the ice so the coach has asked the players to focus on bringing balance to their games so that they can contribute both on the score sheet as well as at shutting down the offense of the other team.

[153]

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

In playing more of a support and third line role, Stubbs goal is to hold the opponent at bay. Averaging about twelve minutes per game, there isn't much time to succeed... while at the same time there is plenty of chances to fail. Originally my goal was to come in and make a difference right away on the offensive side of the puck. As the time has come, it has really become more of a goal to be sound on the defensive side of the puck while progressing towards being a more forward threat. No lie, I want to be a featured piece of the line up... and that will come with time. Meanwhile, it is only on me to continue to earn money to train and amplify the development curve to prepare for more minutes on the ice. So far, the season has had its ups and downs, but I'm assured the team is really going to come together down the stretch.

[Image: Wally.png]

Training camp was long and difficult, but I was able to manage to get myself into a nice flow and make the team. Sure, coach is saying that I'm not going to be playing the big minutes, but it's my first year, so getting myself dressed and on the ice at all is a pretty big deal to me. Generally, I'm going to be expected to be the more offensive player on my pairing. We still need to be able to shut down the other team, but I'm expected to be making some key breakout passes and really jumpstart the generation of our offense. When in the offensive zone, I'll be expected to be making some moves with the puck and trying to get it into the slot and generate some strong opportunities for our forwards and finishers. Set them up so that they can finish it off and all that. I don't have enough experience to be getting much of a chance on any special team, but I've been making sure to practice being the quarterback and moving that puck quickly in case the opportunity should arise.

Battleborn  Finland     [Image: QwTZD8C.png]   [Image: uJXrVDL.png]  [Image: iemKOIk.png]     Finland  Battleborn

[Image: ecaJZ6D.jpg]
[Image: flowseidon.gif]
[Image: PRedauw.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

I’m not gonna lie, I have no clue how hockey works. I’m just a Left Wing and the only tactic I know how to employ is shooting the puck and scoring the puck. I sit on the bench as a part of the 3rd line. When @G2019 calls my name, I get my ass up and I get on the ice. That’s our tactic. It hasn’t been a bad tactic so far either, as I already have 3 goals. I’m sure that there are some actual, professional tactics being planned and expected to be executed, however, I can barely ice skate at this point in my career. I’m not going to fix what isn’t broken. I’m going to continue to stay on the left side, I’m going to let the defense stop the other team, I’m going to let the center find me on the break, and I’m gonna shoot and score when I get the puck. That sounds like a good tactic to me. 

We're got a relatively young defence but yah know we got a great group of guys out there, For now it's all about building up that experience and gaining that trust with our teammates and the process. Well uh we've got to take it one shift at a time you know, Yeah, I mean, just gotta play our game out there and keep it simple. Get the pucks in deep and um you know get pucks to the net.
It's a long season and there's still a lot of games to go yeah, I have to work to stay focused and disciplined and good things happen. Right now I'm working on my skating because you know when you outskate and outwork your opponent you will win more times than not so that's a big focus for us as a team right now you know. Of course it's not just the coaches telling us what we need to do you know, in the words of my dad, I need to play good ol' fashioned two way hockey so uhh yeah

[Image: 53994_s.gif]

Player Page
Player Updates
SMJHL Commissioner , SMJHL Awards Head, Banker (NEW/WKP), Rookie Mentor

yay

Keith Kākāpō is a late bloomer. Since he can't fly, the journey from the rocky islands off the coast of New Zealand was a long one. As such, he missed the draft and the beginning of the season. Due to the inescapable bureaucracy of the SMJHL, it took him 18 hours to get approved by the league, and as such he hasn't signed any contract yet. With no coaching available from his team, he is forced to come up with his tactics all on his own. First and foremost, Keith Kākāpō plans on making a big splash in the SMJHL once he selects a team, quickly winning the starting position from whatever schmuck currently holds it. Once he's the starter, he'll need to be able to play games day in and day out. So number one is to play a tight efficient game with no wasted movement, so that he can be fresh every day and leave no games for some measly backup. Perfect plan. Now, he just needs to select a team. During the course of his long trip, primarily by stowing away on merchant vessels, he has gotten quite fond of boats...

[Image: EsVSFns.png][Image: uzmDXiJ.png]
Sigs by @Carpy48 and @tweedledunn

[Image: dickbutt-rookie2.jpg]

[Image: first.png]
[img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img][img=0x0]https://i.imgur.com/rWt4AB3.png[/img]
Maxime Bouchard
Armada Dragons Info - Updates  Dragons Armada
Richard Dickbutt McFudderdudder II
Armada Info - Updates Armada

PBE PT affil