Create Account

The Krakening: new season, who's this?

T H E  K R A K E N  N E W S
(Like the Quickening, but now with 100% more Kraken!)

New season, who dis?

Well, I welcome you all to Kaster News, where we catch up with Rafael Boeck after a long spell away, off-seasons and more.

[Image: ss_20211106_000227145_179894064.jpg]
Interview write-up by Jaime Sanders
10:24 GMT, 20 January 2022
Word count: 1205

The new season has finally kicked off in the SMJHL, with plenty a-buzzing and players on their toes in anticipation as they battle out to be the next big star driving their team to victory. It is a period of time where its rather difficult to catch anyone not on the ice and not training, though in the brief moments that we managed to get between games, I had decided to hit up an old friend.

Rafael Boeck and his team, the Krakens.

It seems over the course of getting to know the young man, he has grown into his role as a player on the ice - performing not only his role as a winger but more recently came to play as center. It was a rough previous season for Rafael, finding his way as center forward but it seems that with the break and the pre-season, he's looking more on form.

The first day, I hadn't the chance to speak to him but, I did manage to get a small word out with members of his family; tracking down his older sister and his younger brother watching him from the stands. Lukas Boeck, Rafael's youngest brother is enthralled by everything happening on the ice and off it, having to be stopped from wandering into the locker rooms. It is clear that Lukas might want to take after his brother's career on ice, even under the watchful eye of his sister.

Jamie Saunders: It is very nice to finally meet you, your name is Lukas right?

Lukas Boeck: Yes.

JS: Enjoying watching your brother on ice? Do you have interests in being in the league yourself?

LB: I enjoy watching him, he's good. I want to grow up and be better though when I get into the league because I would have learned from my brother on how to play better! I want to be at every match but my sister says that I have to be at school.

JS: Sounds like she's a party-pooper.

To which I glanced up to see the bemused expression of his sister, Aletha, looking at me.

AB: We agreed as soon as he's done with his homework, I will take him to the game if we have the time to. Of course, scheduling is difficult because of my work and how everyone in the family wants to have their turn being there. Though I think Rafe would be rather embarrassed to see his entire family shouting from the stands.

JS: Why would you say that?

AB: He's called us a distraction once upon a time, in jest, though I think its just who he is. He likes to show up, get his head in the game and focus on his team for the time that he's on ice. It's not that he wants to forget about us, we're just loud and passionate and it can be overwhelming to those outside our circle.

LB: We love him though, he's cool!

JS: No disagreements there, buddy.

It was not long before the Krakens had finished their match to the delight of their team, fans and everyone in the stadium. It was another win for the Krakens who seemed to start out of the gate very strong in this season. His first six games had been played as center forward, with two assists under the belt, it seemed that there was a change in formation with Rafael being placed back on the Wings and clear to see the young man was thoroughly back in his element. One goal, two, under his belt to go with his assists. A grin on his face as he patted his team on the back and stepped aside from heading into the locker room having spotted me. I was a familiar face, one of the family (almost).

JS: Great game that you've just had against Regina. How are you feeling about the overall performance of your team?

RB: Oh man, it was a very good result for the team. The team are honestly doing really well, and I couldn't be prouder even if I'm not the manager. We're pulling together in the way where you've seen tonight. Atticus had scored two amazing goals, Kastrba clutching a third but the teamwork and hype going about the team....you can't beat it.

JS: I also see that the Krakens have a new face in the team, how are they doing?

RB: Robert Helvetica, such a great choice by Seven. Jumped straight into the team and a brilliant rookie left winger; six goals across the games that we've had so far and certainly looking towards being rookie of the year. I look forward to what else they bring during this season. Strong addition to the team and certainly we're going to have a good season ahead.

JS: Nice to see that people are gelling in this team.

RB: Yes, for sure!

JS: There's a lot that is going to happen in this season, is there anything you're looking forward to? Anything that you want to have?

That got a smile from our player, a sheepish but charmed, acknowledging one. As a betting man, I had an inkling into what Rafael Boeck was about to say.

RB: It's greedy, but I want to see the Krakens have a shot at the Four-star cup, Championship Trophy. Seven and the team have worked hard and I would think deserving of having seen the Krakens into the spotlight again. Looking forward to....just whatever lies ahead, the next challenge, the next play off and whatever comes next. Yeah.

This time he had been joined by his younger brother who had come rushing over to him, no taller than Rafael's hips. It was nice to see how well he seemed to move from one family to the next, ruffling the hair of his brother who had experienced a rush of shyness once he realised that all the cameras were out and about.

RB: I'd love to catch up with you some time soon, Jaime, but I'm going to have to head in with the team if that's cool.

JS: Of course, of course. Until the next time my friend.

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar

Kraken Kraken Kraken

[Image: the5urrealshl.gif]

[Image: 9TttCL9.png][Image: n25g4JC.png][Image: P0OHsLJ.png][Image: DS1jqys.png][Image: M98Qi4H.png]
[Image: KOKeZZJ.png]

Lets gooooo Kraken Kraken

[Image: 66818_s.gif]