Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 - S63 SMJHL Entry Draft Recap
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2022, 04:42 AM by Opera_Phantom.)

Hello and welcome to my first ever deep dive.  Of course, I myself was a bust in this draft so I feel confident to smell out another bust.

First Pick - Falcons - Moritz Seider - 227 TPE

Seider is ninth in TPE as this article is being written. This is an interesting draft for Detroit as they drafted three top ten Right Defenseman by TPE. Even more ironic is that it's actually a left defenseman leading the class in TPE. Overall a solid pick by Detroit a city in need of some good draft picks.

Grade: A-

Second Pick - Raptors - Binko Koivu - 210 TPE
First bust of the draft and another right defenseman taken off the board. Binko is twenty-first in terms of total TPE when it comes to this draft class. What makes this pick worse is that Colorado traded for it.

Grade: C+

Third Pick -  Armada -  Lord Zomp - 219 TPE

Another bust but the first winger off of the board. Another pick that was traded  for that didn't work. Of course this is solely based on TPE and this player might offer some other intangibles the Armada see in him.

Grade: C

Fourth Pick - -Holden Steady - 227 TPE

How's this for symmetry? Both the first and fourth overall pick have exactly two-hundred and twenty seven TPE and both play right defenseman for the Detroit Falcons. I feel like i have to give this the same score I gave Seider.

Grade: A-

Fifth Pick - Justin Time - 228 TPE

I'm shocked they took a goalie this high but it paid off for them in the end. Justin is seventh overall in terms of total TPE. Solid pick.
Grade: B

Sixth Pick - Robert Bergen - 212 TPE

A left defenseman gets taken now but not the right left defenseman. In terms of total TPE,  Bergman sits at twenty as of this post.
The fact that another left defenseman leads the class in TPE really hurts this pick. The fact this pick was traded also hurts.

Grade: C-

Seventh Pick - Chad Nickelback -  226 TPE

First off, I hate the fact that this man is my teammate. He could be the player in the history of the league but his name is Chad Nickelback. Imagine living your life as Chad Nickelback. The humiliation and denigration that you face  on a daily basis must eat at your soul. Otherwise, He's a  solid pick at eleventh overall in terms of total TPE but the name is the real story here.

Eighth Pick - Ashley Stubbs - 225 TPE
Our second winger off the board. Stubbs has been above average by most accounts.  They're fourteenth overall in terms of TPE which isn't bad. This is also the first successful pick trade we've seen in the first round in my humble opinion.

Ninth Pick - Tam Bunnings - 238 TPE

The highest player by TPE in the entire draft. A left defenseman whose made some pretty solid left defenseman look pitiful in this draft. Maine absolutely scored on this pick. The highest earner at ninth? yes, please.

Grade: A+

Tenth Pick - Mikael Jakobsen - 221 TPE
Solid pick right here. Jakobsen is sixteenth overall in TPE.

Grade: B

Quote:521 Words

Approved!

+5 TPE @MoreliaSpilota