Create Account

SMJHL Travels to Mordor: Day 42 (The Chase)
(This post was last modified: 01-20-2022, 04:16 PM by Chevy.)

The Chase

It had been several days since Ruggsy, Evok, Sve7en and Thunder separated from the rest of the GM's to pursue their friends and their captors.  The day after the decision was made to split off they traveled back through the mountain pass, now illuminated in the daylight and considerably less frightening and treacherous, and stopped at where their camp was.  As they looked around, the horses were all gone.  The main tent was disheveled and there was barely anything left.  It was as if someone had been waiting in the night to rob them of their possessions.  As they gathered up the items that they could find Thunder took note of several footprints in the soil that didn't look like they belonged.

"Hey.", Thunder said curiously.  "We came from that way, North.  Right?" he said, looking at the mountain and then up toward the sun that was nearing its zenith.  Evok and Sve7en looked at Thunder and did the same thing, orienting themselves to the cardinal directions.

"Oui" said Evok, pointing in the direction that was unanimously agreed to as north.

"Why are you asking?" inquired Sve7en as Ruggsy came over with a smile.   Sve7en looked at him curiously and asked "Why are you smiling?"

Ruggsy held up the cutlery that was given to him in Rivendell.  "We'll still be able to make some good food".

Sve7en nodded approvingly and shrugged as he turned his attention back to Thunder.  "What did you find?"

Thunder looked closer at the ground, and shuffled away from where the remains of the campfire was.  "These footprints don't go north, or toward the mountain.  They're strange..." he said kneeling down beside one of them and placing his hand down for comparative measurement. 

"Last night, when we were attacked..." Thunder continued.  "I kept seeing shadows, like people inside the fog.  Did you see that?"

Evok, Ruggsy and Sve7en all nodded.  "It was like we would see it out of the corner of an eye, and then vanished as if it never existed." Evok explained.

Thunder stood up and turned to the group.  "Well, whomever it was wasn't supernatural."  he said, gesturing to the footprints and extending an arm to the west.  "They came from the west.  That way".  The other three GM's peered over Thunder's shoulder at the direction he was pointing.

"Then that's the way we will go." said Evok sternly.  "We will not let our fellow GM's down."  

"Like Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas...lets only take what we really need.  Ruggsy, if we find edible stuff on the way, do you feel confident in cooking it?" Sve7en asked.

"Absolutely." replied Ruggsy confidently, hanging a small cast iron pan off his backpack.

"Then lets get moving." said Thunder, turning and heading west in the direction that the foreign footprints came, and went.

Bound

Jess was the first to wake.  Her head ached as if she had just woken from a full night bender.  She tried to move but realized quickly her hands, and ankles were bound.  She could not see as her head was covered by black linen.  "Am I dead?" she said, her voice trembling.

"Who the f**k hit me", grumbled another voice.  

"Ragnar, is that you?" whispered Jess.

"Jess?" replied Ragnar, who was now realizing he too was bound and unable to see.

"Are you okay?" Jess asked.

"Bound and can't see..." started Ragnar.  "If I find out who did this, they're going to get checked so hard they'll wish they'd never been born." he grumbled angrily, shifting his hands and feet to try and get free.

"Shhhhh!" two other voices chimed in simultaneously.  

"Whomever did this is probably still here..." whispered Kalesalad who was calmly trying to assess the situation.

"I really shouldn't have tried to steal..." whispered Wulf.  "I'm sorry everyone.  I got us into this mess."  He sighed heavily, weighting the gravity of their situation.

A heavy footstep approached and stopped a few feet away from the gm's.  "Indeed, you did get into quite a mess." the voice said controllingly.  "You now will be paying a debt, and my master will be pleased." the voice continued.

"I know that voice", Kalesalad whispered, thinking out loud.  No more than the words escaped their lips than a sharp, wrenching pain caused by a swift heeled boot to the stomach occurred.

"You do, do you?" the voice hissed.  "You would be wise, to forget it."

Kale spat and coughed, the breath knocked out of their lungs for the moment as Jess sobbed quietly in the background and the heads of Wulf and Ragnar turned to listen under their hoods.  The footsteps stepped off with a slight metallic rattle.  The captors voice hissed and barked at a few others it seemed.  The quartet couldn't make out all of what was said as the language was intermixed with something they couldn't understand.  What they did hear though was puck and wagon.

01-20-2022, 12:26 PMGeekusoid Wrote: "You do do you?"
Haha do do

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]