Create Account

Graphics Contest: BEGINNERS Paint Contest
(This post was last modified: 01-22-2022, 03:51 PM by Ruggsy.)

[Image: CKjIRoZ.png]

Task:
Make an SHL or SMJHL-related signature using Microsoft Paint or similar alternative software (such as GIMP or Paint.Net). You CANNOT use Photoshop for this tournament.

**Excluded are users that have won prize money in previous contests and those that got a 4/5 grade or better in one of their weekly submissions before.** 
This is mainly a contest for beginners to compete with other beginners.

Rules:
The signature must be related to the SHL or the SMJHL in some way. The art could involve a player, a team, or a favorite league memory. Ultimately, it must be drawn in PAINT or a related software.
The signatures must be in JPG or PNG form.
The final sig must be 400x200 pixels.
Artwork should be submitted before Friday, January 28th @ 12 Midnight EST

Enter for a chance to win some sweet, sweet, SHL cash:
First Place: $5M
Second Place: $3M
Third Place: $2M
Fourth Place: $1M

Everyone who doesn't win a prize is allowed to submit their sig for grading and receive a 2x bonus. Make sure to write a note in the weekly submission thread that your sig was part of this contest so the graders are informed.

How to submit:
You can send submissions and/or questions to @Ruggsy through a private message on the forums or on discord (Ruggsy#7042)

If you have any questions about what would be appropriate for this tournament or are just looking for general help with graphics, please feel free to join the Graphics Discord. Or message @Carpy48 or @Ruggsy directly on the forums or Discord.

For inspiration, some submissions from earlier editions of this contest (keep in mind these previous tournaments were not restricted to beginners): 
Example 1 
Example 2 
Example 3 
Example 4 
Example 5

Whelp. I won 4th in the last Paint contest cause there were only 4 people. Lol

[Image: b8XI874.png]
[Image: Qfss7w7.png][Image: Eo2nBCt.png]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]

(This post was last modified: 01-23-2022, 04:11 PM by SpartanGibbles.)

01-22-2022, 10:24 PMAleris Wrote: Whelp. I won 4th in the last Paint contest cause there were only 4 people. Lol
I'm in a similar boat, I won a random first round like 15 seasons ago and haven't made anything since haha.

In fact mine is the last example

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2022, 08:32 PM by Ruggsy.)

Grats to the winners! Thanks everyone who participated.
We had a tie for 4th place, so both will get the prize. 

First Place: $5M  @doritomancer
Second Place: $3M @ajwllmsn
Third Place: $2M @"vulfgravy"
Fourth Place: $1M @marco999
Fourth Place: $1M @lespoils

Congrats to the winners. Nice job everyone.

[Image: yyo9APg.gif]

amazing art from everyone!

[Image: c97iD9R.png][Image: 9tINabI.png]
[Image: dorito2.png]

Good stuff everyone! Was fun but also so annoying to make a paint graphic lol